Criticism of Israel is NOT Anti-Semitism

I used to be indifferent toward Jews - but Nutanyahoo and his hardliners (including some assholes on this board) are changing my indifference. Jews are a whiny bunch of land thieves.

Don't ever complain about racism, you don't have the moral authority.

n-NETANYAHU-large300.jpg

Dems Lining Up To Skip Netanyahu Speech

Fuck Nutanyahoo!

Semite - a member of a group of people originally of southwestern Asia that includes Jews and Arabs
Semite - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Hence, anti-Semite applies equally to Arabs and Jews - even though Jews have tried to hijack it.
Note the DISHONESTY of not looking up the precise term in question.
Yes, the old antisemitic sophistry of redefining antisemitism.

I know it well from many boards.

The word means/always meant Anti-Jewish ALONE.

One Cannot just "connect the dots" (Alert!), by assuming adding the prefix to the term makes a new word that the two might otherwise suggest.
ie
If one was to combine "anti" and "missile" one would get a word that Only means defense from ONE kind of missile (as opposed to a sock thrown by your brother), Not ALL missiles. (Nor, similarly, all Semites)

And it certainly wasn't done by "zionists"
The word first used in 1860, the year Herzl was Born.

Antisemitism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Despite the use of the prefix anti-, the terms "Semitic" and "antisemitic" are Not directly opposed to each other, making the term a misnomer. "Antisemitism" refers Specifically to prejudice against Jews ALONE and in general,[3] Despite the fact that there are other speakers of Semitic languages (e.g Arabs, Ethiopians..) and that not all Jews speak Semitic language.

Altho Wilhelm Marr is generally credited with coining the word "anti-Semitism", Alex Bein writes that the word was first used in 1860 by the Austrian Jewish scholar Moritz Steinschneider in the phrase "anti-Semitic prejudices".[14] Steinschneider used this phrase to characterize Ernest Renan's ideas about how "Semitic races" were inferior to "Aryan races." [.......]

And I note Lakhota is now just DUMPING anti-Netanyahu stuff into a string he intentionally put in the WRONG Section to get more attention. Not even on HIS own Topic of what criticism is.
`

Last edited:
I used to be indifferent toward Jews - but Nutanyahoo and his hardliners (including some assholes on this board) are changing my indifference. Jews are a whiny bunch of land thieves.

Yanno, I've yet to encounter a raging anti-Semite who didn't have an endless supply of excuses for their mindless hate but I admire your willingness to admit it. I never understand why goose-steppers deny it. Be proud of what you are!

It is unfair.
It doesn't mean that you're denying the Holocaust ever happened. Please, stop throwing this word around whenever someone accuses Israel of war crimes, questions it's legitimacy etc as I think it's also offensive to the people who actually lost their lives in the Holocaust. Just my Opinion.
I agree. Criticizing the Israel government is not antisemitism. Criticizing people just because they are Jews is antisemitism. As well, denying the Holocaust is antisemitism because people were killed because they were Jews. It was genocide, and denying it denies the value of Jewish people as human beings.

It is unfair.
It doesn't mean that you're denying the Holocaust ever happened. Please, stop throwing this word around whenever someone accuses Israel of war crimes, questions it's legitimacy etc as I think it's also offensive to the people who actually lost their lives in the Holocaust. Just my Opinion.
I agree. Criticizing the Israel government is not antisemitism. Criticizing people just because they are Jews is antisemitism. As well, denying the Holocaust is antisemitism because people were killed because they were Jews. It was genocide, and denying it denies the value of Jewish people as human beings.

Believe it or not, there are people who couch their anti-Semitism in anti-Israelism.
True story.
:cool-45:

Netanyahu says UN should scrap Gaza war probe by 'anti-Israeli body'

JERUSALEM — Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called Tuesday for scrapping a UN commission, which is tasked with investigating potential war crimes committed last summer in Gaza, after the inquiry's chief resigned amid accusations from Israel that he was biased against the country.

Mr. Netanyahu said the commission, set up by the Geneva-based UN Human Rights Council, was an "anti-Israeli body" that had a proven track record of doing nothing about true human rights violations around the world.

The UN commission is due to issue its report next month. Israel did not cooperate with it, saying it was hostile to Israel and that its conclusions were known in advance.

More: Netanyahu says UN should scrap Gaza war probe by anti-Israeli body - CSMonitor.com

Nutanyahoo is not only evil - he's also a whiny bastard. I get tired of President Obama protecting that piece of shit.

So israel shouldn't do anything when the palestines are shooting missiles into their land? Oh'yesss, the jews need to get out of muslim land.

Pretty soon Brition, France and America will be Muslim lands. LIberals are traitors.

My experience with the anti Israel crowd is an overwhelming amount of them are indeed antisemitic.

Arabs are also Semitic - although Jews have tried to hijack exclusive use of the word.
Now just repeating/Trolling his Rabid refuted Lie of the last page...
Lakhota is not even coherent nor conversant

AGAIN

Note the DISHONESTY of not looking up the precise term in question.
Yes, the old antisemitic sophistry of redefining antisemitism.

I know it well from many boards.

The word means/always meant Anti-Jewish ALONE.

One Cannot just "connect the dots" (Alert!), by assuming adding the prefix to the term makes a new word that the two might otherwise suggest.
ie
If one was to combine "anti" and "missile" one would get a word that Only means defense from ONE kind of missile (as opposed to a sock thrown by your brother), Not ALL missiles. (Nor, similarly, all Semites)

And it certainly wasn't done by "zionists"
The word first used in 1860, the year Herzl was Born.

Antisemitism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Despite the use of the prefix anti-, the terms "Semitic" and "antisemitic" are Not directly opposed to each other, making the term a misnomer. "Antisemitism" refers Specifically to prejudice against Jews ALONE and in general,[3] Despite the fact that there are other speakers of Semitic languages (e.g Arabs, Ethiopians..) and that not all Jews speak Semitic language.

Altho Wilhelm Marr is generally credited with coining the word "anti-Semitism", Alex Bein writes that the word was first used in 1860 by the Austrian Jewish scholar Moritz Steinschneider in the phrase "anti-Semitic prejudices".[14] Steinschneider used this phrase to characterize Ernest Renan's ideas about how "Semitic races" were inferior to "Aryan races." [.......]

And I note in addition to repeating his anti-Joo LIE, Lakhota is now just DUMPING anti-Netanyahu stuff into a string he intentionally put in the WRONG Section to get more attention. Not even on HIS own Topic of what criticism is.
`

Last edited:
My experience with the anti Israel crowd is an overwhelming amount of them are indeed antisemitic.

Campus Incitement Proves Anti-Zionism Still Equals Anti-Semitism - Commentary Magazine Commentary Magazine

Supporters of the effort to isolate Israel have tried to argue that their BDS—boycott, divest, and sanction—campaign is aimed only at the State of Israel and not Jews. But just as the demonstrations throughout Europe protesting Israel’s efforts to defend itself against Hamas terrorism were conducted in a manner that is indistinguishable from traditional anti-Semitic incitement so, too, have the pro-BDS crowd at universities and colleges often quickly descended into expressions of Jew-hatred. This unfortunate truth was demonstrated again last week at the University of California, Davis when a debate about a BDS resolution led to anti-Semitic activity.

Arabs are also Semitic - although Jews have tried to hijack exclusive use of the word.

Those evil jews hijacking words!!! Seriously you're possibly the biggest idiot on this board, which is impressive.

Jews did not hijack the term, NaziGirl, it was imposed on them by "people" just like YOU.

"While the conjunction of the units anti, Semite and ism indicates antisemitism as being directed against all Semitic people, the term was popularized in Germany in 1873 as a scientific-sounding term for Judenhass ("Jew-hatred"),[4] although it had been used for at least two decades prior,[5] and that has been its normal use since then.[6] For the purposes of a 2005 U.S. governmental report, antisemitism was considered "hatred toward Jews—individually and as a group—that can be attributed to the Jewish religion and/or ethnicity."

Antisemitism - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

It is unfair.

Believe it or not, there are people who couch their anti-Semitism in anti-Israelism.
True story.
:cool-45:
Yes, I know. I've met many.

And yet we can't criticize palatine for their violent actions against Israel? Kind of one sided.

Sure you can. You can criticize any illegal action taken by anyone in the region. Who said otherwise?

And yet we can't criticize palatine for their violent actions against Israel? Kind of one sided.

Excuse me dingle berry, Palestine is THEIR LAND, the zionists are the invaders.
If Palestine is THEIR LAND, why do they use a name for Palestine that is of the Philistines? Why do Palestinians continue to describe themselves as, Arabs. People from Arabia?

Invaders? Arab history is the history of Invaders, fighting and raiding other tribes.

At best Palestinians are those who were pushed out of Arabia by the stronger tribes, migrating to Palestine. Hell, many Mosques are simply Christian or Jewish churches, repainted by Arabs.

It is unfair.
latuff_anti_semitism.jpg
Yeah...I think you can examine that struggle, and not think that Israel is 100% good, and the Palestinians 100% evil.

Having said that...I am historically prone to unconventional positions.

In the 90's I was pro Palestinian and pro South African/Apartheid. Don't ask me to explain that either.

And I see anyone who is anti Isarel, and pro American, a hypocrite.

The formation of the state of Israel is no different in scope than the formation of the US...from the perspective of Native Americans and displaced Palestinians.

So maybe that's why Republicans are more likely to be John Wayne fans

The primary difference would be the Geneva Conventions. We had no rules of war in when we took over Indian land. The Geneva Conventions explicitly forbid much of what Israel is doing.

Worse, if its just a stand up fight where who ever has the biggest guns wins, why are we involved? If however, we're defending the rule of law, which explicitly recognizes Israel's right to exist AND requires Israel to abide international law.......then we have every reason to be involved.

I'm down with Israel as long as she's not flagrantly violating international law. And she is.
Which law of the Geneva Convention are you referring to?

Forum List

Back