Zone1 Critical Race Theory: Experiencing It As Cognitive Dissonance

I don't disagree. I'd love to see Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton go away.

But the fastest way to fix that is to fix the underlying problem. Reform the police, reform education, reform the justice system.

Wow, did you actually READ the book? Because it isn't what you are presenting it as.

Now, given you freak out about posters in a store.... you probably still won't like it.
Reform education first. Break the culture of ignorance in the Black community that teaches children to hate cops and education. When all Black people can speak English instead of ghetto trash, the crime program will be solved and there won't need to be police Reform.

Nonsense... Religion is a choice.

It's a free country, you can believe in a sky man or go to a Furry convention or join the Flat Earth Society...

But I don't have to respect your silly beliefs.
So you don't respect the Constitution. We already know that.

Reform education first. Break the culture of ignorance in the Black community that teaches children to hate cops and education. When all Black people can speak English instead of ghetto trash, the crime program will be solved and there won't need to be police Reform.

Um, yeah, you aren't racist at all...

Frankly, the black dialect is an offshoot of the Southern dialect... but I don't see you condemning them for not being able to dun-der speak good English, Cleetus!

IF the cops don't want to be hated, they need to stop shooting people without cause, and stop pulling people over on pretextual stops.

So you don't respect the Constitution. We already know that.
Nothing in the constitution requires me to respect your silly beliefs.

Nonsense... Religion is a choice.

It's a free country, you can believe in a sky man or go to a Furry convention or join the Flat Earth Society...

But I don't have to respect your silly beliefs.
And we certainly don't respect your beliefs, bigot.

Um, yeah, you aren't racist at all...

Frankly, the black dialect is an offshoot of the Southern dialect... but I don't see you condemning them for not being able to dun-der speak good English, Cleetus!

IF the cops don't want to be hated, they need to stop shooting people without cause, and stop pulling people over on pretextual stops.

Nothing in the constitution requires me to respect your silly beliefs.
Bullshit. Have you ever listened to guys like Duke Ellington talk? There's nothing racist about accountability. Ever listen to Dr. Ben Carson talk? How about Justice Clarance Thomas? How about Jackie Robinson? Learn the damn language and get rid of that ghetto jive. The Black community isn't near as educated for the most part as it was in the last century.

It is often said that a picture is worth a thousand words. I recently saw a demonstration of how some people begin to mentally unravel when they come face to face with their own reality - it's called cognitive dissonance.

Cognitive Dissonance occurs when a person holds contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values, and is typically experienced as psychological stress when they participate in an action that goes against one or more of them. According to this theory, when two actions or ideas are not psychologically consistent with each other, people do all in their power to change them until they become consistent. The discomfort is triggered by the person’s belief clashing with new information perceived, wherein they try to find a way to resolve the contradiction to reduce their discomfort,​
Often times, the urge to maintain these beliefs which are grounded in faulty logic and fantasy compels the individual who has been challenged to shut down and/or lash out.
I've additionally seen individuals outright lie about things, make up stories as a deflection and then go on the offensive against the person who introduced the information which caused them to feel the discomfort.

Black people are often "scolded" about an alleged lack of education or an attitude of not valuing education. Having the courage to attend school in such a hostile and dangerous environment may be commendable but doing so places enormous stressors on a child's mental health. Anyone's mental health actually,

View attachment 671739
You need to let go of the past and live in the now. There is nothing positive that results from digging up our ugly racist PAST. You and IM2 just do it to justify the hatred you have for White people which I find very sad.

It's off topic, but I'm not against you because you are a "Semite". The Arabs are more "Semitic" than the European Jews that occupy Palestine.

My issue is the same issue I have with ALL religions, that you use the authority of an imaginary pixie in the sky to rationalize awful behavior.
Your religion is The State.....Just as imaginary an Earth pixie, that you genuflect to with great gusto.

Of course America is a racist country.
Of course, white privilege is going to benefit you, even if you belong to an immigrant group, like let's say, Germans. Or Jews.
Your guilt is your problem....I suggest professional help to deal with it
Take Chicago when I was growing up. It was and still is one of the most segregated cities by design. Do you think this happened by accident?
Of course it didn't happen by accident...Like people want to congregate together.....That's how we got places like Little Italy, the Chinatowns, and Ybor City, which enrich the Murican experience ....Let me guess, all those people who want to be around people like themselves are racists, amiright?

Bullshit. Have you ever listened to guys like Duke Ellington talk? There's nothing racist about accountability. Ever listen to Dr. Ben Carson talk? How about Justice Clarance Thomas? How about Jackie Robinson? Learn the damn language and get rid of that ghetto jive. The Black community isn't near as educated for the most part as it was in the last century.
IKR? These leftists are trying to create a world where blacks are not responsible for their own behavior, no matter how bad it may be, and whites are to blame for every possible thing.

Furthermore, as we see from this forum, black activists are allowed to launch into a tirade, addressing whites as “white boy” and making snarky remarks about “your white ass,” and screaming raaaaaacist! at anyone who objects to the ant-white racism, yet if a white points out that it is not right to pick and choose people based on race, which SHOULD be obvious, she is bullied and harassed for being unwilling to support favoritism based on skin color.

This country is at the lowest level I have ever seen in my adult life.

I'm surprised you didn't throw Candance Owens in there...

We have a lot of local dialects in the US... and few people use grammar properly.

You need to let go of the past and live in the now. There is nothing positive that results from digging up our ugly racist PAST. You and IM2 just do it to justify the hatred you have for White people which I find very sad.

Wow... um... wow. We should just ignore the past then?

Your religion is The State
This is when I have a hard time taking you seriously.

I can pray all day to God, and nothing will happen. Why? God doesn't exist.

On the other hand, "The State" exists. If I ask them for services, there's a reasonably good chance I will get said services. If I go to the courts and ask for relief, if my case is good, I can expect a fair result.

Most of religionism is trying to blame ourselves for random events, that if the World is evil, and God does nothing about Covid or Hurricane Katrina, why, it must be our sin. And if a tornado missed a brothel and levels a Church, then God works in mysterious way.

Of course it didn't happen by accident...Like people want to congregate together.....That's how we got places like Little Italy, the Chinatowns, and Ybor City, which enrich the Murican experience ....Let me guess, all those people who want to be around people like themselves are racists, amiright?

Wow, maybe we should educate you on redlining?

IKR? These leftists are trying to create a world where blacks are not responsible for their own behavior, no matter how bad it may be, and whites are to blame for every possible thing.

So not speaking the way you speak is somehow bad behavior?

Furthermore, as we see from this forum, black activists are allowed to launch into a tirade, addressing whites as “white boy” and making snarky remarks about “your white ass,” and screaming raaaaaacist! at anyone who objects to the ant-white racism, yet if a white points out that it is not right to pick and choose people based on race, which SHOULD be obvious, she is bullied and harassed for being unwilling to support favoritism based on skin color.

Hey, I'm the first one to call an IM2 or a Paul Essein when they go a little off the edge, but I actually do it by addressing their points. The funny thing is, I see you and Paul as opposite sides of the same coin. You both pull out single incidents as "proof" of a larger conspiracy.

This country is at the lowest level I have ever seen in my adult life.
It must be awful to be you.

You're part of the fucking problem, and every bit as bad as joedouche.

You're part of the fucking problem, and every bit as bad as joedouche.

No, buddy, here's the problem. The education establishment does an awful job.

Many of the United States ills are directly related to illiteracy. Here are just a few statistics:

• Literacy is learned. Illiteracy is passed along by parents who cannot read or write.
  • One child in four grows up not knowing how to read.
  • 43% of adults at level I literacy skills live in poverty compared to only 4% of those at level V.
  • Three out of four food stamp recipients perform in the lowest two literacy levels.
  • 90% of welfare recipients are high school dropouts.
  • 16 to 19-year-old girls at the poverty level and below, with below average reading skills, are 6 times more likely to have out – of – wedlock children, who in turn will have below average reading skills or none at all.

We have a lot of local dialects in the US... and few people use grammar properly.

On the other hand, "The State" exists. If I ask them for services, there's a reasonably good chance I will get said services. If I go to the courts and ask for relief, if my case is good, I can expect a fair result.

Most of religionism is trying to blame ourselves for random events, that if the World is evil, and God does nothing about Covid or Hurricane Katrina, why, it must be our sin. And if a tornado missed a brothel and levels a Church, then God works in mysterious way.

Few people can speak English correctly is because of what?

The USA has far fewer dialects than in the past. TV has been the great destroyer of dialects since everyone hears Californian there. By default, Californian has become the American dialect.

Few people can speak English correctly is because of what?

Mostly, just bad grammar, lack of vocabulary, etc.

He’s not making sense. He’s just a liberal bigot, lashing out at people. (Unless they’re black, and then they can do no wrong in his mind.)

Did a black man frighten you once?

Anyone who is 70 or older knows that education has gone down the toilet in this country.

Yes, but then you have to ask WHY is education in trouble? Part of is because we don't fund it adequately, at least in certain communities. So you are going to get a better education in Evanston than Englewood.

I’m younger than that (not by much), and I know it. Kids graduating from high school are at the level 8th graders were in the 1970s.

Are they, though? The test scores would say differently.

1658270563294.png

Here's the problem. Back in the 1970's, if you weren't the sharpest knife in the drawer, there were still plenty of good union jobs you could do. Today, not so much. The union jobs are gone and you need at least community college to get into the trades.

Now, I do see a lot of problems in modern education.
The top one being that we have a two-tiered system- one for well-off white kids in the burbs, and one for disadvantaged youth in the urban areas.
Teachers tend to teach to the test and not necessarily critical thinking skills.
Too many resources are spent on "Special Ed" to the point where kids are being classified as special ed to get more money.

The big problem that isn't there.. that we are teaching kids the uglier parts of American history.

Forum List

Back