Criminal who beat man at the Macy's in Michigan....may only get probation. He should be locked up for 5-10 years.

The fact that they wrongly convicted her of murder doesn't bother you...just her skin color.....

Naw, what bothers me is that she gunned down a man in his own home because she was paying more attention to her phone than her surroundings.

This thug who violently attacked this clerk at Macy's did it randomly, unprovoked and without remorse.....he is an ongoing danger to other people around him you dumb ass.....

How so? First, he expressed remorse in court. Secondly, there's no evidence he has a prior criminal record. It wasn't random or unprovoked. He was lied to that the clerk had used a racial slur.

Guyger thought she had a home invader when she shot the guy, and this is backed up by your utter and complete failure to detail the "motive" for murder that you keep claiming she did.........

Still waiting for the motive for the murder sentence....

Here you go, buddy.

Manslaughter charges would have required proof of recklessness, while murder charges require proof that the defendant killed with intent.[22] The prosecutors alleged criminal intent for two reasons: firstly, they said her arrival at the wrong apartment (on the wrong floor) was not caused by tiredness, but rather caused by the conversation she had immediately prior with her lover trying to arrange a meeting that night, and secondly that she did not follow standard police protocol of not entering a building with a potential burglar inside and instead calling for backup from the police station, which was two blocks away.

As long as we are on the subject... Let's take Jason van Dyke. That guy shot a kid 16 times when he was lying on the ground. He lied about it, engaged in a cover up with other officers, and he only got six years, will probably be out in three.

So if that was only worth 3 years... I suspect that just slapping a rude clerk would be worth, oh, probation.

Since when are words, grounds to violently attack someone?

Especially, coming from a third party?

Again.

Fighting words are, as first defined by the Supreme Court (SCOTUS) in Chaplinsky v New Hampshire, 315 U.S. 568 (1942), words which "by their very utterance, inflict injury or tend to incite an immediate breach of the peace. It has been well observed that such utterances are no essential part of any exposition of ideas, and are of such slight social value as a step to truth that any benefit that may be derived from them is clearly outweighed by the social interest in order and morality."

The fact that they wrongly convicted her of murder doesn't bother you...just her skin color.....

Naw, what bothers me is that she gunned down a man in his own home because she was paying more attention to her phone than her surroundings.

This thug who violently attacked this clerk at Macy's did it randomly, unprovoked and without remorse.....he is an ongoing danger to other people around him you dumb ass.....

How so? First, he expressed remorse in court. Secondly, there's no evidence he has a prior criminal record. It wasn't random or unprovoked. He was lied to that the clerk had used a racial slur.

Guyger thought she had a home invader when she shot the guy, and this is backed up by your utter and complete failure to detail the "motive" for murder that you keep claiming she did.........

Still waiting for the motive for the murder sentence....

Here you go, buddy.

Manslaughter charges would have required proof of recklessness, while murder charges require proof that the defendant killed with intent.[22] The prosecutors alleged criminal intent for two reasons: firstly, they said her arrival at the wrong apartment (on the wrong floor) was not caused by tiredness, but rather caused by the conversation she had immediately prior with her lover trying to arrange a meeting that night, and secondly that she did not follow standard police protocol of not entering a building with a potential burglar inside and instead calling for backup from the police station, which was two blocks away.

As long as we are on the subject... Let's take Jason van Dyke. That guy shot a kid 16 times when he was lying on the ground. He lied about it, engaged in a cover up with other officers, and he only got six years, will probably be out in three.

So if that was only worth 3 years... I suspect that just slapping a rude clerk would be worth, oh, probation.

Wow....weak ass excuses for a racially based sentence....neither of which create the actual motive for it to have been considered murder...you dumb ass.

The thug at Macy's attacked an innocent clerk.......then they came up with the excuse to cover his unprovoked attack.....he is a danger to the people around him and we will see him again....

So, if someone calls you something you don't like, you can beat the crap outta him? And, its legal?

In that case, the guy wasn't even called N to his face, he was TOLD someone said it.

If someone says something about me that offends me, I can commit murder?

That's the reasoning, here.

The clerk was smiling and using proper English aka exuding white privlege thus he was asking for it
Lib 101

So, if someone calls you something you don't like, you can beat the crap outta him? And, its legal?

In that case, the guy wasn't even called N to his face, he was TOLD someone said it.

If someone days something about me that offends me, I can commit murder?

Yep....that ends the "Fighting Words," crap the left wingers are trying to use to justify this violent thug attacking an innocent clerk...

Wow....weak ass excuses for a racially based sentence....neither of which create the actual motive for it to have been considered murder...you dumb ass.

It was convincing to a jury and I'm pretty sure it will hold up on appeal. Her negligence and failure to follow procedure made it murder. If she thought there was a burglar in her apartment, she should have called for backup. Instead, she rushed in without even verifying it was her apartment, and shot a man on his couch watching TV.

The thug at Macy's attacked an innocent clerk.......then they came up with the excuse to cover his unprovoked attack.....he is a danger to the people around him and we will see him again....

And when he is, maybe you guys can prove that case.

Part of the problem here is the clerk and the store didn't want to press charges. (Probably because they didn't want that kind of publicity). So it was kind of a just verdict, given that no permanent damage was done.

Real world, people get into physical altercations all the time. Most of the time, they don't make a criminal case out of it.

Real world, people get into physical altercations all the time. Most of the time, they don't make a criminal case out of it.

This wasn't a typical fist fight, this wasn't two guys engaged in mutual combat. This was an attack, because someone was told, someone else said something.

Why do you condone/try to justify violence?

This wasn't a typical fist fight, this wasn't two guys engaged in mutual combat. This was an attack, because someone was told, someone else said something.

I don't condone it.. or justify it. It is what it is, someone lied to him about what the clerk said, and an altercation broke out.

I point out the legal implications of the case, and why the prosecutor thought that probation was the best course of action here.

Let me point something out........they said that the brother told him that.....and it was likely they said that in order to protect the brother after the fact...

This is why we have crime in the U.S.......our criminal justice system refuses to keep violent asshats like this in jail....

Amber Guyger got 10 years for murder. You stated that you think that was too harsh. You have zero credibility.

Oh wait...the assailant was black. That explains it.

Let me guess Candy, you're going to defend this thug!

Let me guess, you can't quote me doing that. Right?

Just pointing out the hypocrisy of the OP.

A person who is CONVICTED OF MURDER (who is white). They should do no time
A black person who is not convicted of anything (who is black)....should do time.

If you don't believe this is an accurate description of the OP's thoughts, ask him. He'll confirm it.

This thread is about a thug that attacked someone, NOT about Amber Guyger.

There's only one reaction you should be having to this story.

He should be arrested, tried, and if convicted, punished severely. But a white woman got 10 years for murder. Since this is several degrees lesser a crime than murder...what do you think the punishment should be?

What does that have to do with this story ?

The length of the sentence the OP wants imposed is in the title and the OP. So, a white female shoots a black guy and gets 10 years. She is tried for murder and convicted of murder. Ten years. Surely you don't think this black guy who assaulted a white guy should get anything close to 10 years....right?

This brings me to my second question:
Does the victim's race or the race of the accused add weight to the crime in Conservistan?

I know you won't answer honestly but I did want to pose the question and see just how dishonest you can be. If your answer is any more than 3 years....the answer is "yes" to the second question.

Why are we comparing sentences ? All across this country there are verdicts and sentences that do not match other verdicts and sentences. OJ got away with murder, in the state next door a non-celebrity received a guilty verdict, and a life in prison sentence for a similiar crime with similiar evidence.
This thread is about this one case.

This is why we have crime in the U.S.......our criminal justice system refuses to keep violent asshats like this in jail....

Amber Guyger got 10 years for murder. You stated that you think that was too harsh. You have zero credibility.

A black person who is not convicted of anything (who is black)....should do time.

If you don't believe this is an accurate description of the OP's thoughts, ask him. He'll confirm it.

He should be arrested, tried, and if convicted, punished severely. But a white woman got 10 years for murder. Since this is several degrees lesser a crime than murder...what do you think the punishment should be?

The length of the sentence the OP wants imposed is in the title and the OP. So, a white female shoots a black guy and gets 10 years. She is tried for murder and convicted of murder. Ten years. Surely you don't think this black guy who assaulted a white guy should get anything close to 10 years....right?

Does the victim's race or the race of the accused add weight to the crime in Conservistan?

I know you won't answer honestly but I did want to pose the question and see just how dishonest you can be. If your answer is any more than 3 years....the answer is "yes" to the second question.

Why are we comparing sentences ? All across this country there are verdicts and sentences that do not match other verdicts and sentences. OJ got away with murder, in the state next door a non-celebrity received a guilty verdict, and a life in prison sentence for a similiar crime with similiar evidence.

Nice dodge. IF you were honest, you may have to admit there is institutional racism when it comes to our judicial system. White girl murders white guy in his own home...she gets 10 years. Black guy assaults white guy and you refuse to say what you think should be the sentence should be.

The sentence is mentioned in the title as well as the OP. What do you think the sentence should be in this one case?

Nice dodge. IF you were honest, you may have to admit there is institutional racism when it comes to our judicial system. White girl murders white guy in his own home...she gets 10 years. Black guy assaults white guy and you refuse to say what you think should be the sentence should be.

The sentence is mentioned in the title as well as the OP. What do you think the sentence should be in this one case?

Actual research into the topic shows there isn't institutional racism in our criminal justice system....but thanks for continuing that lie.

Annotation:
A comprehensive review of existing literature on formal decisions made by criminal justice system personnel concludes that, although individual cases of racial prejudice and discrimination do occur, there is insufficient evidence to support a charge of systematic racism against blacks.
Abstract:
Sharp disagreement exists between blacks and whites over whether the criminal justice system is racist, with almost all blacks believing that the system is racist. This analysis initially explores varying definitions of racism and how the term overlaps with prejudice and discrimination. A review of contrasting perceptions of blacks and whites concludes that both are based on nonscientific evidence and cultural traditions. Difficulties in trying to prove either the discrimination or nondiscrimination thesis are discussed. The book surveys existing research studies, looking for evidence of discrimination by police, prosecutors, judges, and prison and parole officers. Among the specific areas considered are police deployment, use of deadly force, bail decision, plea bargaining, sentencing patterns, inmate classification and discipline, and racism among prison inmates. To demonstrate the lack of conclusive evidence supporting racism, the appendix studies the processing of all felony defendants in California and Pennsylvania from arrest to final disposition. Indexed bibliography of over 700 articles and 450 books.

Yes....you didn't state the facts of the case or the fact that you can't say the motive for why the woman shot the man.........you left out everything important to that case in order to lie about it.....

Actual research into the topic shows there isn't institutional racism in our criminal justice system....but thanks for continuing that lie.

Annotation:
A comprehensive review of existing literature on formal decisions made by criminal justice system personnel concludes that, although individual cases of racial prejudice and discrimination do occur, there is insufficient evidence to support a charge of systematic racism against blacks.
Abstract:
Sharp disagreement exists between blacks and whites over whether the criminal justice system is racist, with almost all blacks believing that the system is racist. This analysis initially explores varying definitions of racism and how the term overlaps with prejudice and discrimination. A review of contrasting perceptions of blacks and whites concludes that both are based on nonscientific evidence and cultural traditions. Difficulties in trying to prove either the discrimination or nondiscrimination thesis are discussed. The book surveys existing research studies, looking for evidence of discrimination by police, prosecutors, judges, and prison and parole officers. Among the specific areas considered are police deployment, use of deadly force, bail decision, plea bargaining, sentencing patterns, inmate classification and discipline, and racism among prison inmates. To demonstrate the lack of conclusive evidence supporting racism, the appendix studies the processing of all felony defendants in California and Pennsylvania from arrest to final disposition. Indexed bibliography of over 700 articles and 450 books.

False. Duke University revealed institutional racism exists.

The Amber Guyger verdict is just another example. 10 years for murder? Really?

Yes....you didn't state the facts of the case or the fact that you can't say the motive for why the woman shot the man.........you left out everything important to that case in order to lie about it.....

I asked him what he thinks the sentence should be. Why not let him answer?

The idea of institutional racism is as always a finger pointing for why some fail so constantly and never make a personal effort to change

Annotation:
Abstract:

False. Duke University revealed institutional racism exists.

The Amber Guyger verdict is just another example. 10 years for murder? Really?

Yes......at yale and harvard, where they discriminate against asians.......

Again, you refuse to detail her case, because you know if you do, the murder conviction doesn't hold up to the facts......but she is white...and that is all you need to know.

Forum List

Back