Crime in NYC soars

Gun violence exploded across the city after the NYPD disbanded its anti-crime unit of plainclothes cops on June 15, with three times as many shootings in the last two weeks of the month over the same period in 2019, police stats show.

For the 2021 fiscal year, the $1 billion reduction in the NYPD's operating budget includes $484 million in cuts to the department; shifting the command of school officers to the Department of Education; eliminating two of the four NYPD training classes this year, which reduced headcount by 1,163 uniform officers; and reducing overtime spending by $352 million, according to the city council.

Shootings soar 205 percent after NYPD disbands anti-crime unit

Getting dicey up there to say the least. My literary agent wants us to come on up to Midtown Manhattan for another "get to know you" with a few interested publishers. My wife emphatically said no . . . it can either wait, or my agent can do the manuscript auction without the meet and greet. While I realize it's a highly personal and perhaps somewhat vain dream, I have been fantasizing much of my entire life the feel of holding my own published book in my hands. And I could care less if it sells less than one hundred copies. Myself? I'm prepared to do whatever it takes to make that dream come true. However, I'm married and thus not alone in this world, not the lone wolf I still sometimes envision myself to be. So I've got no choice but to defer to my better half and hope a publisher still picks up the book without my in person pitch. Again with my vanity but I mean come on! I finally come this close to becoming a published author and, of course, the fucking world decides to come apart at the same time. I've already decided that if my manuscript is published I will visit bookstores everywhere and stealthily sign random copies. I'm hoping COVID and domestic terrorism doesn't kill that secret dream as well . . .

Congrats on the book. At one time it was my dream. I wanted to be a poet. Not a great poet, but fun, like Thomas Hardy. Then after I died, I wanted high school kids to be forced to read my work.

If Toronto would do the same, we'd be in a much better economic position, and, our crime would go DOWN, because there wouldn't be undercovers to "manufacture threats".

A gang in Toronto might be 10 people in some poor neighbourhood. 4-5 Meatheats and 5-6 undercover cops...
Probably the same in NYC. I wouldn’t doubt that some of this increase in crime is from cops pissed off at the budget cuts. A false flag so to speak.

Gun violence exploded across the city after the NYPD disbanded its anti-crime unit of plainclothes cops on June 15, with three times as many shootings in the last two weeks of the month over the same period in 2019, police stats show.

For the 2021 fiscal year, the $1 billion reduction in the NYPD's operating budget includes $484 million in cuts to the department; shifting the command of school officers to the Department of Education; eliminating two of the four NYPD training classes this year, which reduced headcount by 1,163 uniform officers; and reducing overtime spending by $352 million, according to the city council.

Getting dicey up there to say the least. My literary agent wants us to come on up to Midtown Manhattan for another "get to know you" with a few interested publishers. My wife emphatically said no . . . it can either wait, or my agent can do the manuscript auction without the meet and greet. While I realize it's a highly personal and perhaps somewhat vain dream, I have been fantasizing much of my entire life the feel of holding my own published book in my hands. And I could care less if it sells less than one hundred copies. Myself? I'm prepared to do whatever it takes to make that dream come true. However, I'm married and thus not alone in this world, not the lone wolf I still sometimes envision myself to be. So I've got no choice but to defer to my better half and hope a publisher still picks up the book without my in person pitch. Again with my vanity but I mean come on! I finally come this close to becoming a published author and, of course, the fucking world decides to come apart at the same time. I've already decided that if my manuscript is published I will visit bookstores everywhere and stealthily sign random copies. I'm hoping COVID and domestic terrorism doesn't kill that secret dream as well . . .
That's awesome, good luck with your book! What genre is your book, if I may ask?

That's awesome, good luck with your book! What genre is your book, if I may ask?

Cyberpunk of all things.

Forum List

Back