COVID-19 panic buying: Toilet paper, essentials fly off shelves again

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
With COVID-19 cases surging across the US, panic buying is back in vogue — as evidenced by a sea of empty shelves in supermarkets across the nation in scenes reminiscent of earlier this year, according to reports.

The rush on food, toilet paper, sanitizing products and other essentials comes amid a series of new lockdown measures after states reported record daily spikes in cases this month, the Daily Mail reported.

Twenty states have reported all-time highs in deaths as the nation grapples with an average of more than 148,000 new cases a day and 1,120 daily deaths in the past week, according to the outlet.
I went early this morning and bought toilet paper, paper towels, etc. because I was low. I didn't think anything of it. I bought it. It was there.

I go up to Walmart to some grocery shopping and they are out. So, people are back to panic buying.

Shit....maybe if the Orange Savior just took this "hoax" seriously in January of 2020..maybe..we wouldn't have to resort to raking up leaves in our yards...and....
You know this is all his fault??...right? :)

Shit....maybe if the Orange Savior just took this "hoax" seriously in January of 2020..maybe..we wouldn't have to resort to raking up leaves in our yards...and....

There is something wrong with you. I don't think you have a firm grasp of how this all works.

There is something wrong with all of us. But not to worry, we just voted it out.

The weird thing about toilet paper (of all things, REALLY? TOILET PAPER???) is that it all derives from a hoax newspaper clipping from the 1980s. Has no basis in logic. Never did.

There is something wrong with you. I don't think you have a firm grasp of how this all works.

Yes. I do know exactly how this works. Supply chain...direct result of???...nobody at the rudder!

1606020004822.png

What panic?

*****CHUCKLE*****

:cool:

Yes. I do know exactly how this works. Supply chain...direct result of???...nobody at the rudder!

No. It's the states.

There is something wrong with all of us. But not to worry, we just voted it out.

The weird thing about toilet paper (of all things, REALLY? TOILET PAPER???) is that it all derives from a hoax newspaper clipping from the 1980s. Has no basis in logic. Never did.

Well, blaming COVID on Trump indicates that there is something wrong with you.

Tornado season, ice storm coming? Toilet paper, beer, chocolate.

When Venezuela collapsed into communism the first thing to go was toilet paper. There are no real shortages. The people are reacting to the chicom democrat closing down manufacturing and transportation. It's the Chicomcrat's fault. Absolutely. They will put the screws to us until they break the back of the American economy. You knew that, right?

Might try actually reading the post.
On my screen it says, quote,
"maybe if the Orange Savior just took this "hoax" seriously in January of 2020 "

That's a cut-and-paste. It's about negligence. Negligence the rest of us all know about.
You were going to suggest he DID take it seriously? He didn't even claim that, he told Woodward the opposite.

No. It's the states.

No...it's the supply chain. And the fact that our "government" as it were under the spray-tanned Jesus was asleep at the wheel.
Or maybe we're taking bets on how many of our assembly line workers (who run the machines that make and assemble the TP and paper towels)
come down with the virus???

"maybe if the Orange Savior just took this "hoax" seriously in January of 2020 "

That's a cut-and-paste. It's about negligence. Negligence the rest of us all know about.
You were going to suggest he DID take it seriously? He didn't even claim that, he told Woodward the opposite.

Again. It's handled by the states. Further, it's going to come back again and again.

Again. It's handled by the states. Further, it's going to come back again and again.

Going full Rumpbot now? :wtf:
It's handled by governors and local ordinances but the country's leadership comes from the top.
That is, when we have something akin to normal people leading.

When you've got a fascist prick exhorting ProudBoy types to kidnap and execute the governor, that's not leadership. That's sabotage.

If only Biden had been President. Then all of our problems would be solved! Because he would have locked us all down until we flattened the curve to zero. Hooray! Of course we would be in a Depression and would have more people dying of suicide than Covid, but oh well.

No. It's the states.

No...it's the supply chain. And the fact that our "government" as it were under the spray-tanned Jesus was asleep at the wheel.
Or maybe we're taking bets on how many of our assembly line workers (who run the machines that make and assemble the TP and paper towels)
come down with the virus???

No. It's the states. Panic buying comes in with the fear of a shut down and that threat of a civil war. Your fucking government with the spray tanned Jesus and your fucking senile messiah is limited.

You mean like all of Europe that has no Covid at all?

Good thing Trump wasn't there. Or who knows they might have had a second wave and lock downs or something.

Forum List

Back