COVID-19 in Detroit: Horrible

SweetSue92

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2018
USA
And the reason Coronavirus in Detroit is going to be particularly horrible is that the city's residents are unhealthy for all sorts of reasons. Obese, asthmatic, diabetic, suffering from heart disease, COPD, liver and kidney disease--pretty much anything that makes COVID worse, Detroiters have it more than the general population.

Admittedly, although I am hugely skeptical as this virus as a raging pandemic everywhere, it's going to be a huge issue in Detroit, and sooner rather than later.

The growth in coronavirus cases in Detroit has made Wayne County an emerging hot spot for the disease, a grave turn for a population that is more vulnerable to severe cases and even death.

Confirmed cases rose to 851 among Detroiters on Thursday, 11 times the number recorded seven days ago. Wayne County now ranks just behind Washington's King County and among the nation's 10 most infected.

Two out of five Detroiters reported they are obese and 12.5% suffer from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, compared with 8.5% statewide.

Rates of asthma, diabetes and obesity are higher among African Americans, said Dr. Velda Crowder, chair of the health committee for the Washington, D.C.-based Black Women for Positive Change. Those chronic conditions increase the likeliness of serious illness from COVID-19, even among young people, said Crowder, an emergency physician.

The number of cases is related to the density of a community's population and the percentage of the population that is tested, Crowder said. But morbidity and mortality depend on the health of the population, she said. Those who survive serious bouts of the illness can be left with reduced lung capacity that could last a lifetime, she added.

A quick search reveals that Detroit is approximately 11% caucasian.
This thread seems to be gloating about Black people getting sick and dying.

Not nice.
It's not that they are just black...they are inferior people living an inferior lifestyle.....the more of them that die, the better...

Maybe there will only be good people who are left.....and hopefully more whites will come back as well and improve that city...

Not nice.
It's not that they are just black...they are inferior people living an inferior lifestyle.....the more of them that die, the better...

Maybe there will only be good people who are left.....and hopefully more whites will come back as well and improve that city...
Why would anyone with any sense move to a democrat ran hellhole?

Not nice.

Are you serious?
I would like to believe your posts are laced with sarcasm.
Am I wrong?

Not nice.

Why would anyone with any sense move to a democrat ran hellhole?
Well, when all of the bad people die (who are all Democrat) -- the good people will come there and elect conservatives...

There is data that most of the people who die from this were already bad people.....so to look at this virus as a bad thing is a mistake

Most of the population of Detroit left long ago..............run out due to lack of jobs and crime.....

Not nice.

Are you serious?
Am I wrong?
Is it so hard for you to believe that the point of this post is to illustrate the fact that Detroit having the virus is actually a good thing??

The OP is just not brave enough to say it.....but I am

Not nice.

I'm gonna sit right here and wait for you to point out the part where I was "gloating". Go

Most of the population of Detroit left long ago..............run out due to lack of jobs and crime.....

Most of the good people left long ago....the ones who remain are not worthy of our empathy or concern.....i mean if you want to appear to care, that is fine....but deep down, half the population of Detroit can die and it won't matter much

Last edited:

Not nice.

Hey, Jackwad, you think people living in the rural South are exactly the picture of health? You think they also don't have obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure and heart disease? You BET they do. The difference is, they don't live very close together where viruses can spread very easily.

So really shut up and move along

Not nice.

Are you serious?
Am I wrong?
Is it so hard for you to believe that the point of this post is to illustrate the fact that Detroit having the virus is actually a good thing??

The OP is just not brave enough to say it.....but I am

I realize that we have all gone very far from our Christian roots but, unlike you, I am not in the position to judge who is worthy and who is not.

I realize there are many here who are whites hating blacks and blacks hating whites.

Both are repulsive

Not nice.

Are you serious?
Am I wrong?

He could be a troll. Or, he could be serious. People let out some really vile stuff here. And some of it, sadly, is for real.

The hospitals in Detroit are in danger of being overrun and I don't think that's a good thing, and Jackwad extraordinaire, I wasn't "gloating" about it.

And the reason Coronavirus in Detroit is going to be particularly horrible is that the city's residents are unhealthy for all sorts of reasons. Obese, asthmatic, diabetic, suffering from heart disease, COPD, liver and kidney disease--pretty much anything that makes COVID worse, Detroiters have it more than the general population.

Admittedly, although I am hugely skeptical as this virus as a raging pandemic everywhere, it's going to be a huge issue in Detroit, and sooner rather than later.

The growth in coronavirus cases in Detroit has made Wayne County an emerging hot spot for the disease, a grave turn for a population that is more vulnerable to severe cases and even death.

Confirmed cases rose to 851 among Detroiters on Thursday, 11 times the number recorded seven days ago. Wayne County now ranks just behind Washington's King County and among the nation's 10 most infected.

Two out of five Detroiters reported they are obese and 12.5% suffer from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, compared with 8.5% statewide.

Rates of asthma, diabetes and obesity are higher among African Americans, said Dr. Velda Crowder, chair of the health committee for the Washington, D.C.-based Black Women for Positive Change. Those chronic conditions increase the likeliness of serious illness from COVID-19, even among young people, said Crowder, an emergency physician.

The number of cases is related to the density of a community's population and the percentage of the population that is tested, Crowder said. But morbidity and mortality depend on the health of the population, she said. Those who survive serious bouts of the illness can be left with reduced lung capacity that could last a lifetime, she added.

....Americans in general are obese [ and undisciplined ] ....they don't get enough sleep or water --this is the very foundation of health
..Americans have a lot more food and high fat food, yes?
..Germans are known for their healthy habit/sports activities/exercise/disciplined
looks like the US is tops in obesity with comparable/developed nations

Most of the good people left long ago....the ones who remain or not worthy of our empathy or concern.....i mean if you want to appear to care, that is fine....but deep down, half the population of Detroit can die and it won't matter much

Was your granddaddy Heinrich Himmler?
waffen-ss-insignia-vector-7665265.jpg

Forum List

Back