Court's affirmative action decision

Supposn

Gold Member
Jul 26, 2009
Court's affirmative action decision's consequences

If Colleges and other public and/or semi-public organizations are to recruit or favor persons based upon merit, our legislator could, but unfortunately for many more years are unlikely to pass new legislation which in effects would evade and/or override the current U.S. Supreme Court's decision against affirmative discrimination.

We must, we should, and we do accept Supreme Court's decisions. Acceptance is preferable to seditiously attacking our government.

I've read suggestions, to the extents of applicants striving to overcome adversities, (with lesser regard if they may not have entirely succeeded to do so), colleges who favorably judge applicants' achievements relative to such adversities, are or would in effect legally judging upon merit of character and achievement rather than upon family heritages or skin colors.

Due to considering adversities, individual Gypsies, Asians, and Africans wouldn't be favored or disfavored due to their birth certificates. Respectfully, Supposn

Court's affirmative action decision's consequences

If Colleges and other public and/or semi-public organizations are to recruit or favor persons based upon merit, our legislator could, but unfortunately for many more years are unlikely to pass new legislation which in effects would evade and/or override the current U.S. Supreme Court's decision against affirmative discrimination.

We must, we should, and we do accept Supreme Court's decisions. Acceptance is preferable to seditiously attacking our government.

I've read suggestions, to the extents of applicants striving to overcome adversities, (with lesser regard if they may not have entirely succeeded to do so), colleges who favorably judge applicants' achievements relative to such adversities, are or would in effect legally judging upon merit of character and achievement rather than upon family heritages or skin colors.

Due to considering adversities, individual Gypsies, Asians, and Africans wouldn't be favored or disfavored due to their birth certificates. Respectfully, Supposn
The decision was just the court removing systemic-racism that has been rampant in our society.
Simple as that.

The decision was just the court removing systemic-racism that has been rampant in our society.
Simple as that.

Mudwhistle, I understand and I'm comfortable with the court's determination that public and semi-public entities favoring individuals on the bases of their birth or national national origin is contrary to constitution. It's unfortunate that the decision better enables entities to, (as you word it), practice “systemic-racism” while pretending that's not what they're doing.
The point of my original post is, within the bounds of our constitution, the courts' decision no less enables “colleges who favorably judge applicants' achievements relative to such adversities, are or would in effect [be] legally judging upon merit of character and achievement rather than upon family heritages or skin colors”.

Such a policy better serves those colleges and our nation. Respectfully. Supposn

Forum List

Back