Court Backs Terrorist Surveillance Program

Maybe the Washington Post and LA Times beat the NY Times to them

I guess I wasn't clear. The MSM has been leaking for years, but escalating their losses in recent years, with the counter escalation being gained in internet and talk radio. The MSM is losing an audience they 'controlled.' Not so anymore. Like the worst of the talk radio crowd, the MSM is left with the non-thinkers. The parrots or sheep if you will.

I guess I wasn't clear. The MSM has been leaking for years, but escalating in recent years, with the counter escalation of internet and talk radio. The MSM is losing an audience they 'controlled.' Not so anymore. Like the worst of the talk radio crowd, the MSM is left with the non-thinkers. The parrots or sheep if you will.

Perhaps it would be a good idea for terrorists training camps to have a satellite dish and tune into the networks, CNN, and MSNBC - so they can learn even more about covert government programs

Yes, the liberal media has made the job of protecting Amercia from terrorists much harder.

Perhaps it would be a good idea for terrorists training camps to have a satellite dish and tune into the networks, CNN, and MSNBC - so they can learn even more about covert government programs

Yes, the liberal media has made the job of protecting Amercia from terrorists much harder.

With all the leaking, all of them are losing subscribers. Yet, for some reason, they refuse to look at themselves. Very weird for an industry that is supposed to be based on objectivity.

During the same timeframe, talk radio has surged, but not nearly to the extent of bloggers, video sites, etc. The new media which shouldn't be replacing them, is making giant inroads to doing just that.

With all the leaking, all of them are losing subscribers. Yet, for some reason, they refuse to look at themselves. Very weird for an industry that is supposed to be based on objectivity.

During the same timeframe, talk radio has surged, but not nearly to the extent of bloggers, video sites, etc. The new media which shouldn't be replacing them, is making giant inroads to doing just that.

I wonder if that is why the left wants to bring back the "Fairness Doctrine"?

I dont give a dam if the government monitors every phone call in america, to foreign countries, and within america, as long as they catch, prosecute, and jail forever, the terrorist basterds plotting to kill us. I'd rather sacrifice a bit of privacy, so ackmed, doesnt slit my throat, and youre not on a prayer rug. Obviously, some common sense to make sure innocent people dont go to jail, duh!!!!

<blockquote>Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. - Benjamin Franklin</blockquote>

'Nuf said.

<blockquote>Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. - Benjamin Franklin</blockquote>

'Nuf said.

So if the terrorists hit us again will you not whine how the government failed to prevent the attack? Given how you seem to oppose all the methods they want to use to prevent future attacks

I dont give a dam if the government monitors every phone call in america, to foreign countries, and within america, as long as they catch, prosecute, and jail forever, the terrorist basterds plotting to kill us. I'd rather sacrifice a bit of privacy, so ackmed, doesnt slit my throat, and youre not on a prayer rug. Obviously, some common sense to make sure innocent people dont go to jail, duh!!!!

I dont give a dam if the government monitors every phone call in america, to foreign countries, and within america,

I do. Our founders, and generations of americans didn't fight and spill blood, to allow our government to become big brother and monitor every aspect of our privacy.

We were able to defeat the fascists, the imperialists, and the communists, without resorting to totalitarian government.

I don't want some government schmuck listening to my phone calls and reading my mail.

I find it more and more among libs - even adult ones

That is one difference between conservatives and liberals

WE made it out of adolescence

Your lack of moral and cognitive development as demonstrated in your posts say otherwise. I would place you as still being locked in early adolescence. As for your moral development, I would place you somewhere between stages 3 and 4 on Lawrence Kohlberg's scale of moral development, but closer to 3. Cognitively, I would place at the concrete operational stage of Piaget's model for cognitive development.

I dont give a dam if the government monitors every phone call in america, to foreign countries, and within america,

I do. Our founders, and generations of americans didn't fight and spill blood, to allow our government to become big brother and monitor every aspect of our privacy.

We were able to defeat the fascists, the imperialists, and the communists, without resorting to totalitarian government.

I don't want some government schmuck listening to my phone calls and reading my mail.

FDR shut down newspapers, censored every letter from the troops, and executed Nazi spies durin WWII

FDR shut down newspapers, censored every letter from the troops, and executed Nazi spies durin WWII

Sounds like you want big government to listen to all of your phone calls, and read your mail.

That makes you anti-american. And a big government fascist.

Sounds like you want big government to listen to all of your phone calls, and read your mail.

That makes you anti-american. And a big government fascist.

I want the government to do what is needed to win this war, libs on the other hand.............

Your lack of moral and cognitive development as demonstrated in your posts say otherwise. I would place you as still being locked in early adolescence. As for your moral development, I would place you somewhere between stages 3 and 4 on Lawrence Kohlberg's scale of moral development, but closer to 3. Cognitively, I would place at the concrete operational stage of Piaget's model for cognitive development.

Spoken like a true lib - void of facts and reality

FDR shut down newspapers,

Give me a credible link, or admit you lied.

censored every letter from the troops,

"Troops" aren't protected by the bill of rights. Military operations and secrecy are not pre-empted by the first amendment,

and executed Nazi spies durin WWII

Nazi spies aren't protected by the bill of rights. Treason and spying are capital offenses.

So if the terrorists hit us again will you not whine how the government failed to prevent the attack? Given how you seem to oppose all the methods they want to use to prevent future attacks

As we have seen, repeatedly, since 9/11, terrorist attacks have been prevented, not by engaging in fishing expeditions through illegal wire-taps, not by illegally monitoring e-mails of US citizens, but by solid police work and the sharing of legally obtained intelligence amongst law enforcement and intelligence agencies as well as by an observant citizenry. The government can use any method it wishes son long as those methods pass Constitutional and legal muster.

It's only the sniveling cravens, such as yourself and your fellow travelers, who would throw away everything out forefathers fought and died for to bring this nation into being and preserve the liberties guaranteed us by the Constitution. And in doing so, you show that you are utterly lacking ANY understanding OR appreciation for the rule of law or the Constitution, which is the law of the land.

You are a coward, both moral and intellectual. You would no sooner fight to preserve the Constitution than I would dash a babies brains out against a wall. So why don't you take your Potemkin village patriotism shove it up your ass and crawl back under the rock you crawled from beneath.

Still Waiting................

Originally Posted by red states rule:

FDR shut down newspapers,

Give me a credible link, or admit you lied.

censored every letter from the troops,

"Troops" aren't protected by the bill of rights. Military operations and secrecy are not pre-empted by the first amendment,

and executed Nazi spies durin WWII

Nazi spies aren't protected by the bill of rights. Treason and spying are capital offenses.

NBC Uniquely Reports Liberal Ruling Overturned, Olbermann Continues Impeachment Talk
Posted by Brad Wilmouth on July 7, 2007 - 23:09.
Among Friday's broadcast evening newscasts, NBC Nightly News uniquely reported a federal appeals court ruling, tagged by anchor Lester Holt as a "victory for the Bush administration," regarding the controversial NSA spying program that involves warrantless monitoring of international phone calls when one participant is a terrorist suspect. Friday's court action overruled an August 2006 court decision against the program by a liberal judge and Carter appointee.

As documented by the MRC's Rich Noyes, all three broadcast evening newscasts had trumpeted the earlier ruling against the administration on August 17 of last year. ABC's Charles Gibson had labeled it a "major legal defeat" while ABC's Martha Raddatz had called it a "significant blow" to the administration. But neither ABC's World News with Charles Gibson nor the CBS Evening News mentioned Friday's ruling. But even on NBC, while Holt read news of the ruling, the words "Domestic Spying" appeared on screen, thus not conveying to the audience the international nature of the calls. Those words had similarly appeared during the NBC Nightly News coverage of the August 17 ruling. (Transcripts follow)

MSNBC's Keith Olbermann also ignored Friday's ruling on his Countdown show, while last August he had trumpeted that day's anti-Bush court decision by interviewing liberal law professor Jonathan Turley, who maintained that Bush "could well have committed a federal crime not once, but 30 times." Olbermann had called the August ruling a "judicial smackdown" and a "stunning ruling" against the program, and had repeatedly referred to the NSA program as monitoring "our" phone calls or "our" emails. But in light of Friday's ruling that did not go the MSNBC host's way, there was silence on the issue.

But the Countdown host did introduce Friday's show relaying comments by former Reagan administration NSA director William Odom about the possibility of impeaching President Bush. Olbermann: "The top National Security officer from the Reagan administration insisting that the only way to protect the troops in Iraq is to get the Bush administration to bring them home, and the only way to do that may be to threaten the President directly with impeachment."

http://newsbusters.org/node/13952

Forum List

Back