Could the Earth be inside a huge black hole?

1973? Really? You’re stuck in 1973 Stone Age?
Google and others lead you to up to date science and theories of science.

Classical Physics was laid out by Sir Issac Newton by 1700 ... Modern Physics by 1920 ... where ya been? ... Linus Pauling's textbook on chemical bonding from 1929 is still in print, and still being used as a textbook ...

I'm asking for a scientific citation ... from a scientific journal, preferably refereed ... if it's not in Wikipedia, then it's not noteworthy ...

Classical Physics was laid out by Sir Issac Newton by 1700 ... Modern Physics by 1920 ... where ya been? ... Linus Pauling's textbook on chemical bonding from 1929 is still in print, and still being used as a textbook ...

I'm asking for a scientific citation ... from a scientific journal, preferably refereed ... if it's not in Wikipedia, then it's not noteworthy ...
Google it and you will find what you want rather than me guessing what’s not between your ears. You really seem clueless how to use the internet to find journals and information writings. And you do know a lot more has been found about physics since Newton :laughing0301:

Google it and you will find what you want rather than me guessing what’s not between your ears. You really seem clueless how to use the internet to find journals and information writings. And you do know a lot more has been found about physics since Newton :laughing0301:

Thank you for the ad hominem attacks ... you admit my claims are unassailable and you have nothing but my person to insult ...

Thank you for the ad hominem attacks ... you admit my claims are unassailable and you have nothing but my person to insult ...
I have only insults because you are responding as a child still living in 1973. Have your grandchildren show you how to use technology.

I found this on Facebook that the universe may be twice as old as we have thought for decades:
Reference:

R Gupta. JWST early Universe observations and ΛCDM cosmology. Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, 2023; DOI: 10.1093/mnras/stad2032

You might want to try expanding your understanding with technology.

Okay - but Black holes suck and don't blow. So us being in a Black hole would automatically result into other stars being drawn towards us, and that simply isn't the case.
Even if you equate it with earth being in the eye of the hurricane - the storm would still rage outside.
This is critical thinking, i.e. separating what makes sense from the seemingly endless nonsense, always chasing its own tales. We have a galaxy. Our galaxy has a black hole in its center. We have pictures of it. Seeing is believing, right? Right. Good start.

Our galaxy is reportedly not expanding. How about our cluster?
The Milky Way, Andromeda, the Triangulum Galaxy, and a few dozen hangers-on form the Local Group, a gravitationally bound clump about 10 million light-years across.

The Next Big Thing down the way is the Virgo Cluster, the Downtown of our local patch of universe: More than 1,300 galaxies packed into a dense clump only 65 million light-years away. The Virgo Cluster is gravitationally bound, too, which means about what you think it would mean: Its member galaxies tend to hang out near each other, tied up by their mutual gravity.

Going bigger than that

This is critical thinking, i.e. separating what makes sense from the seemingly endless nonsense, always chasing its own tales. We have a galaxy. Our galaxy has a black hole in its center. We have pictures of it. Seeing is believing, right? Right. Good start.

Our galaxy is reportedly not expanding. How about our cluster?

We have pictures of the center of our galaxy?

new evidence from NASA’s IXPE (Imaging X-ray Polarimetry Explorer) telescope suggests the ancient sleeping giant woke recently – about 200 years ago – to devour gas and other cosmic detritus within its reach.

Sagittarius A* is more than 25,000 light years from Earth – our nearest supermassive black hole, with an estimated mass millions of times that of our Sun. Often abbreviated by researchers to Sgr A* (pronounced "Sagittarius A star"), it sits in the constellation of Sagittarius at the very heart of the Milky Way.
Given Sag A* is "more than 25,000 light years from Earth" how could we know what's happened there only "about 200 years ago"?

It's all still "possibility" Stated. Fuzzy Word. We saw a flare, not a black hole. Anyways, I assume there is something like a black hole at the center. Why wouldn't there be? It's probably the hole to the universe we are inside of.

apparently, there's absolute nothing in Telsa's writings to indicate he even understood James Maxwell
For your elucidation:
“There appears to be in the minds of these (supposed) eminent men, some prejudice, or a priori object against the hypothesis of a medium (the Ether) in which the phenomena of light, electrical actions at a distance take place...the existence of a medium in which light is propagated. But in all these theories (the insane Atomistic ones) the question naturally occurs: If something is transmitted from one particle to another at distance, what is the condition of it after it has left one particle and before it reaches another? If this something is the potential energy of the two particles, as in Neumann’s theory, how are we to conceive of this energy existing in a point of space, coinciding with neither one particle nor the other? In fact, whenever energy is transmitted from one body to another in time, there must be a medium or substance in which the energy exists after it leaves one body before it reaches the other, for energy, as Torricelli remarked, is a ‘quintessence of so subtle a nature that it cannot be contained in ANY vessel except in the inmost substance of a thing (counterspace/ dielectricity, the Ether)’...” – J.C. Maxwell Treatise on Electricity and Magnetism vol. II
“Light is a longitudinal disturbance in the Ether...Light is a ‘sound wave’ in the Ether”- Nikola Tesla

Black holes are places in the Universe where gravity is so powerful that it distorts time and surrounding space. Nothing, not even light, can escape from within. However, nothing prevents the Earth itself from being inside a black hole.

AA1cM1GW.img

Gaurav Khanna, a black hole physicist at the University of Rhode Island, explains the hypothesis that Earth could have formed inside a black hole. "A black hole looks a lot like the Big Bang upside down. Mathematics is similar," says Gaurav Khanna. One theory suggests that the Big Bang could have been initially the singularity of a black hole in a larger parent universe. The singularity would have compressed until a phenomenon would have reversed the trend, creating an "explosion" of space and time: the Big Bang. This would then have generated our Universe while remaining inside the black hole.

This theory, known as Schwarzschild cosmology, suggests that our universe is currently developing inside a black hole that is part of a parent universe. This would imply the existence of universes within universes, such as Russian dolls, and that travel through the horizon of a black hole could open up another universe.

Scott Field, an associate professor of mathematics at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, believes that if Earth is inside a black hole, it must be extremely large. If the Earth existed in a "small" black hole, we would notice effects like tidal forces and the slowing down of time.

From inside a black hole large enough, it would be impossible for us to know that there is another parent universe, according to Gaurav Khanna. We would be unaware of its existence.

Link in French

The theory is worth developing. Having recently written to Dr. Kolb (Handbook of Astrobiology) mentioning Hans Deeg's search for habitable planets (Canary Islands), Kolb would be interested in Khanna's theory. Controversial studies are emerging that question textbooks such as Kolb's and link to origins of planets:

Scientists Say Textbooks Are Wrong About the Origin of Life

In the link it says that it is the entire universe: One theory suggests that the Big Bang could have initially been the singularity of a black hole in a larger parent universe. The singularity would have compressed until a phenomenon would have reversed the trend, creating an "explosion" of space and time: the Big Bang. This would then have generated our Universe while remaining inside the black hole.
They can be large, as you have already pointed out elsewhere here at USMB.

It did say possibility. Can’t read or hear?
It says:
“The polarization angle acts like a compass, pointing us toward the mysterious, long-gone source of illumination,” said Riccardo Ferrazzoli, astrophysicist at the Italian National Institute of Astrophysics in Rome. “And what lies in that direction? None other than Sgr A*.”

Analyzing the data, the team figured out that the X-rays from the giant molecular clouds were reflected light from an intense, short-lived flare produced at or near Sgr A*, possibly caused by the black hole abruptly consuming nearby material.
Now sheddup, moron.

If black holes can swallow suns, they could be large enough to swallow galaxies.

29 Jan 2022 Post #29

I would say possibly and possibility in this context is the same, moron.
"this context is":

Milky Way’s Central Black Hole Woke Up 200 Years Ago, NASA’s IXPE Finds

{...} the supermassive black hole at the center of the Milky Way galaxy
{...} our galaxy’s central black hole
You, like a moron, arguing with NASA's unambiguously reported observations and findings of fact:
It's all still "possibility" Stated. Fuzzy Word. We saw a flare, not a black hole.
"We saw"? I, for one, saw nothing :dunno:. Who TF do you think you are? NASA?
Shedddddddddup!!

"this context is":

You, like a moron, arguing with NASA's unambiguously reported observations and findings of fact:

"We saw"? I, for one, saw nothing :dunno:. Who TF do you think you are? NASA?
Shedddddddddup!!
All we saw was a flare. That’s what NASA said. Try comprehending better.

Forum List

Back