Could the Earth be inside a huge black hole?

They can be large, as you have already pointed out elsewhere here at USMB.
Bonjour mon ami, yes I have created threads about black holes which is in my opinion the great mystery of the universe.

Bonjour mon ami, yes I have created threads about black holes which is in my opinion the great mystery of the universe.
Well, the.universe.is amazing. The great mystery is "who made all of this"? Why is there ANYTHING? Wrap your mind aeound that question

Black holes are places in the Universe where gravity is so powerful that it distorts time and surrounding space. Nothing, not even light, can escape from within. However, nothing prevents the Earth itself from being inside a black hole.

AA1cM1GW.img

Gaurav Khanna, a black hole physicist at the University of Rhode Island, explains the hypothesis that Earth could have formed inside a black hole. "A black hole looks a lot like the Big Bang upside down. Mathematics is similar," says Gaurav Khanna. One theory suggests that the Big Bang could have been initially the singularity of a black hole in a larger parent universe. The singularity would have compressed until a phenomenon would have reversed the trend, creating an "explosion" of space and time: the Big Bang. This would then have generated our Universe while remaining inside the black hole.

This theory, known as Schwarzschild cosmology, suggests that our universe is currently developing inside a black hole that is part of a parent universe. This would imply the existence of universes within universes, such as Russian dolls, and that travel through the horizon of a black hole could open up another universe.

Scott Field, an associate professor of mathematics at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, believes that if Earth is inside a black hole, it must be extremely large. If the Earth existed in a "small" black hole, we would notice effects like tidal forces and the slowing down of time.

From inside a black hole large enough, it would be impossible for us to know that there is another parent universe, according to Gaurav Khanna. We would be unaware of its existence.

Link in French

The idea that the Earth could have formed inside a black hole is an intriguing concept to explore, but it goes against our current understanding of the formation of planets and the nature of black holes. Black holes are regions of spacetime with extremely strong gravitational forces, formed by the collapse of massive stars.

They have a singularity at the center, which is believed to be a point of infinite density. The intense gravitational pull near the singularity is what characterizes a black hole.On the other hand, planets like Earth are believed to form through a process called accretion in protoplanetary disks.

These disks consist of gas and dust surrounding young stars. Over time, the material in these disks clumps together due to gravity and forms planetary bodies.The environment inside a black hole is vastly different from the conditions necessary for planet formation.

The extreme gravitational forces of a black hole would tear apart any material trying to form a planet, preventing the accumulation of matter required for planetary growth. Moreover, the physics operating within a black hole, especially near the singularity, is not yet fully understood.

The laws of physics as we know them break down inside a black hole, making it difficult to speculate about the processes that could potentially take place within.While it is fascinating to contemplate the idea of a planet forming inside a black hole, current knowledge suggests that it is highly unlikely.

Few will likely see a connection here, but I found this video thought provoking and related:

Skip to the 16 minute mark if you're in a hurry to get to the beef. Does nature do math or is nature driven by math? I believe mass (matter) gets sucked into a black hole and combines with energy to form a dense, swirling plasma from which matter is both accreted centripetally and blasted out axially.

Forum List

Back