Could the Earth be inside a huge black hole?

O'Reilly? Funny, I recall him having issues with Marconi and Hertz. He loved Maxwell. What TF are you smoking?

WTF are YOU smoking?

I think you meant to say 'Oh really,' not 'O'Reilly,' Ace.

https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.DXTDpu21azFRXOo0fQRRJQAAAA?pid=ImgDet&rs=1

Okay, just for you two wisenheimers. Try explaining why this worked: and why you haven't even built one yet?

Seriously? You expect an engineering analysis from an 85 year old 1 minute video? But offhand, it looks like it simply operates off of inertial mass, creating the effect of a high mass continually falling through a short cycle to generate the power of momentum with a small motor required just to replace the losses incurred every cycle to keep the thing running by adding just enough energy back into the system to get the weights back over the top to repeat the cycle of falling again!

Note that the guy had to put energy into the machine (give it a push) just to get it started. Then it continually needs energy added back into it to keep it going.

A huge, expensive goldbergian contraption basically doing nothing more than a parent does in the park everyday giving their kid a little push on the swing. With just a littler push, the parent can keep the 50 pound child wildly swinging back and forth all afternoon. And despite just a little push by the parent, step behind the kid and get hit on the back-swing by him and it can knock you over. That is the work being done.

I won't be building one myself because rather than spend thousands of dollars building some monstrous cage of weights taking up as much room as a Harley just to power a small machine like a lathe, or a refrigerator, or each appliance, each needing their own brobdingnagian gizmo, I can buy a small AC motor for a few dollars to do the job for me much easier, cheaper and compactly.

Seriously? You expect an engineering analysis from an 85 year old 1 minute video? But offhand, it looks like it simply operates off of inertial mass, creating the effect of a high mass continually falling through a short cycle to generate the power of momentum with a small motor required just to replace the losses incurred every cycle to keep the thing running by adding just enough energy back into the system to get the weights back over the top to repeat the cycle of falling again!

Note that the guy had to put energy into the machine (give it a push) just to get it started. Then it continually needs energy added back into it to keep it going.

A huge, expensive goldbergian contraption basically doing nothing more than a parent does in the park everyday giving their kid a little push on the swing. With just a littler push, the parent can keep the 50 pound child wildly swinging back and forth all afternoon. And despite just a little push by the parent, step behind the kid and get hit on the back-swing by him and it can knock you over. That is the work being done.

I won't be building one myself because rather than spend thousands of dollars building some monstrous cage of weights taking up as much room as a Harley just to power a small machine like a lathe, or a refrigerator, or each appliance, each needing their own brobdingnagian gizmo, I can buy a small AC motor for a few dollars to do the job for me much easier, cheaper and compactly.
Incorrect, but none too shabby. Yes, he made a huge production of giving it a little push.. Just one.. and then only powered his personal lathe with it.. because he preferred staying alive to threatening the likes of GE & Westinghouse. Same here and wise decision on your part. Life's short and treacherous enough already.

But why invite such publicity to begin with? Trying to get rich? Nothing better to do than perpetrate perpetual motion hoaxes for attention? Didn't strike me as the type at all. Nope, just doing what he could to help out humanity with what little he had at hand.

And he obviously didn't have to keep walking over to give the thing another push now and then like a parent with their kid on a swing. Then there's always hidden wires, a battery, a big magnet spinning behind a wall? Had to be something, right? Always possible. But what if there wasn't? If it really worked, how?

"offhand, it looks like it simply operates off of inertial mass"
Very close! But not like you think. While the physics involved is actually fairly intuitive, it's formally taught absolutely nowhere. There are many kinds of inertia. Inertia is resistance to change. Saying "inertial mass" is redundant. Mass is always inertial. Mass can be inertial in many ways. Moving or at rest. Sliding, falling, rotating, spinning, orbiting..

The key in this case is stages of elliptically orbiting masses kept deliberately off center but all balanced above and below to help keep the machine content within the barn walls. I picture feeding a top's gyroscopic precession power back into spinning it.

Huh? Our universe continues to get larger. Most here would agree with me. The Earth is getting smaller.
The new universes inside other are smaller than the ones that have the black holes. Think of a box inside another box and so on. Smaller and smaller.

The new universes inside other are smaller than the ones that have the black holes. Think of a box inside another box and so on. Smaller and smaller
No, that's hypothesis. We have Hubble's Law or the Law of the Expanding Universe.

No, that's hypothesis. We have Hubble's Law or the Law of the Expanding Universe.
I’ve seen articles that suggest now that may be not as solid as once thought. But again if our universe is expanding, the one outside our black hole we are in is expanding greater.

Black holes are places in the Universe where gravity is so powerful that it distorts time and surrounding space. Nothing, not even light, can escape from within. However, nothing prevents the Earth itself from being inside a black hole.

AA1cM1GW.img

Gaurav Khanna, a black hole physicist at the University of Rhode Island, explains the hypothesis that Earth could have formed inside a black hole. "A black hole looks a lot like the Big Bang upside down. Mathematics is similar," says Gaurav Khanna. One theory suggests that the Big Bang could have been initially the singularity of a black hole in a larger parent universe. The singularity would have compressed until a phenomenon would have reversed the trend, creating an "explosion" of space and time: the Big Bang. This would then have generated our Universe while remaining inside the black hole.

This theory, known as Schwarzschild cosmology, suggests that our universe is currently developing inside a black hole that is part of a parent universe. This would imply the existence of universes within universes, such as Russian dolls, and that travel through the horizon of a black hole could open up another universe.

Scott Field, an associate professor of mathematics at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, believes that if Earth is inside a black hole, it must be extremely large. If the Earth existed in a "small" black hole, we would notice effects like tidal forces and the slowing down of time.

From inside a black hole large enough, it would be impossible for us to know that there is another parent universe, according to Gaurav Khanna. We would be unaware of its existence.

Link in French

Is there any evidence to support this theory?

Is there any evidence to support this theory?
Just a theory like the big Bang. It's out on the internet and you can do some investigation
I did notice to day on the internet that the found about a trillion gallons times more water than on earth near a quasar just floating around in space. It's interesting in that in the Bible, people before Noah's Flood lived hundreds of years as if the suns rays were being blocked. Then, the flood came. It says from wells underneath the surface. But, also from the heavens. Hmmm...so it is plausible that the flood could have covered the earth from water floating around in space. God is awesome!

Just a theory like the big Bang. It's out on the internet and you can do some investigation
I did notice to day on the internet that the found about a trillion gallons times more water than on earth near a quasar just floating around in space. It's interesting in that in the Bible, people before Noah's Flood lived hundreds of years as if the suns rays were being blocked. Then, the flood came. It says from wells underneath the surface. But, also from the heavens. Hmmm...so it is plausible that the flood could have covered the earth from water floating around in space. God is awesome!

We can test the Big Bang Theory ... how do we test your theory, what hypothesis can we generate and experiment on in the lab? ...

... and we have disproved a rather important part of the Big Bang Theory ... "dark energy" is just inserted until we get a better understanding of what we're seeing out in the universe ... the expansion is speeding up, rather than slowing down due to gravity ... oops ...

There is also the fact that some galaxies do not rotate in the same direction as others a galaxy like NGC1672 does not rotate in the same direction as its neighbors in the Dorado cluster; They compensate each other so that within the cluster there is zero rotation.

How do galaxies rotate in different directions? Everything is relative, do we know which is up and which is down? They might be rotating the same direction, but one is "upside down" compared to the other.

We can test the Big Bang Theory ... how do we test your theory, what hypothesis can we generate and experiment on in the lab? ...

... and we have disproved a rather important part of the Big Bang Theory ... "dark energy" is just inserted until we get a better understanding of what we're seeing out in the universe ... the expansion is speeding up, rather than slowing down due to gravity ... oops ...
The Big Bang Theory has been tested so much that now it’s not working out so well. So, how valuable is testing when we don’t have enough of anything to prove it. Just so you know, there are tests and mathematical work on the theory we are inside a black hole of another universe. And there has been plenty of testing about the flood with some saying it was possible. The finding of large amounts of water in space.

The Big Bang Theory has been tested so much that now it’s not working out so well. So, how valuable is testing when we don’t have enough of anything to prove it.

Without testing, it's not science ... science is a process, not philosophy ...

Just so you know, there are tests and mathematical work on the theory we are inside a black hole of another universe. And there has been plenty of testing about the flood with some saying it was possible. The finding of large amounts of water in space.

Do you have a citation? ... I'd like to look at the math, see how they're handling the great pressures and temperatures ... how do they keep the Earth from collapsing down into neutron-degenerate matter? ...

Without testing, it's not science ... science is a process, not philosophy ...

Do you have a citation? ... I'd like to look at the math, see how they're handling the great pressures and temperatures ... how do they keep the Earth from collapsing down into neutron-degenerate matter? ...
It’s called Google and YouTube. Try it sometime. I get stuff on Facebook too. Science is also for inquisitive people. Apparently you’re not.
Sometimes we don’t have the science yet to test things as well. In the future we might. We are finding out things all the time.

It’s called Google and YouTube. Try it sometime. I get stuff on Facebook too. Science is also for inquisitive people. Apparently you’re not.
Sometimes we don’t have the science yet to test things as well. In the future we might. We are finding out things all the time.

Halliday, David; Resnick, Robert; Fundamentals of Physics; John Wiley & Sons Publishing Co.; 1973 ...

If you think Google, Youtube and Facebook are an adequate substitute for a college education ... then so be it ...

Halliday, David; Resnick, Robert; Fundamentals of Physics; John Wiley & Sons Publishing Co.; 1973 ...

If you think Google, Youtube and Facebook are an adequate substitute for a college education ... then so be it ...
1973? Really? You’re stuck in 1973 Stone Age?
Google and others lead you to up to date science and theories of science.

Forum List

Back