Corrective Eye Surgery

so we now know you you get women....you go after the nearly blind ones?

o my my sunni
Marrying a woman who is blind would take a lot of work.

But marrying a woman who is mute sounds like a match made in heaven for any husband.:eusa_angel:

That's just not nice.... Granted its understandable within some relationships... It seems most men I know NEED the extra voice. ;)

The sun hurts my eyes most it seems. But sunglasses (and especially 3D glasses) make me so dizzy at times I get sick to my stomach.

Do you have blue eyes? I do and I've often heard (and from personal experience it seems to be true) that blue-eyed people are more sensitive to the sun. I've worn prescription sunglasses forever. Best decision. I wear them exclusively for driving (well not at night!) even on overcast days because it helps cut glare.

Are your sunglasses prescription? Is the prescription correct? I'd do a lot more investigating before resorting to surgery. If you do go the surgery route do your homework to make sure the surgeon has tons of experience under their belt.

so we now know you you get women....you go after the nearly blind ones?

o my my sunni

But marrying a woman who is mute sounds like a match made in heaven for any husband.:eusa_angel:

That's just not nice.... Granted its understandable within some relationships... It seems most men I know NEED the extra voice. ;)

What happens when us guys get old and deaf?

Ok, 'old' is a relative term....

You get taken care of by the women you invest in and by those you have helped to preserve, obviously.

The sun hurts my eyes most it seems. But sunglasses (and especially 3D glasses) make me so dizzy at times I get sick to my stomach.

Do you have blue eyes? I do and I've often heard (and from personal experience it seems to be true) that blue-eyed people are more sensitive to the sun. I've worn prescription sunglasses forever. Best decision. I wear them exclusively for driving (well not at night!) even on overcast days because it helps cut glare.

Are your sunglasses prescription? Is the prescription correct? I'd do a lot more investigating before resorting to surgery. If you do go the surgery route do your homework to make sure the surgeon has tons of experience under their belt.

Yep.... I do... :)
But no and no. :-/

You get taken care of by the women you invest in and by those you have helped to preserve, obviously.

Yep.... I do... :)
But no and no. :-/

OH! You might want to get your eyes re-examined, making sure the prescription is correct (I had problems with that that led to months of headaches and 'off' vision when wearing my glasses) and try prescription sunglasses. I can't even drive without them anymore. They really seem to make a big difference in the glare/brightness of things. My brother originally talked me into getting them years and years ago. I thought he was nuts and that it was just a luxury type thing. I was wrong.

I am sincerely hoping to be able to afford transitional lenses.

My son has transitional lenses. They get dark but as bones mentioned, not quite dark enough. Prescription sunglasses are better, imo. But you have to pay for and carry two pair of glasses. Up and down sides to everything. Good luck!

Thank you. :) I am certain I won't be able to invest in any surgical procedures until children are much older... and contacts have really done a number on my eyes recently so I suppose the best conclusion to come to, considering..., is to invest in a better pair of glasses. I do not usually like the frames that tend to go on sale and I don't necessarily need the darkness of sunglasses, as I had mentioned, some shades of sunglasses give me queezy headaches.

Thank you. :) I am certain I won't be able to invest in any surgical procedures until children are much older... and contacts have really done a number on my eyes recently so I suppose the best conclusion to come to, considering..., is to invest in a better pair of glasses. I do not usually like the frames that tend to go on sale and I don't necessarily need the darkness of sunglasses, as I had mentioned, some shades of sunglasses give me queezy headaches.

The transition lenses run in the 'gray' family of tones, where as prescription sunglasses can be gray or brown or even tinted blue or rose or something.

Due to going to a new eye doc that screwed up my prescription . . long story about glasses/lenses and all. . . but I ended up with an extra pair of lenses that fit the new frames I bought. I had to get a new rx from a new doc and used those frames for that rx. Anyway, what to do? I searched all over the internet and found the exact frames that the optician place charged $230 for and bought them for $40. I wanted black but all they had was a tan/brown color. That's ok . . I keep them in the car and use them at night or if I ever forget my other glasses. Saved a ton of $$ and got a second pair of glasses much cheaper.

If you find a frame you like at the store write down all the info on it and see if you can find it cheaper online. Even with insurance frames are ridiculous. I don't know about places like Lenscrafters or Sears, they might be less expensive. But check out the web too.

We acquire a certain (and selective) protective "deafness", that's what!:lol: On a more serious note, I had lasik on my one good eye some years back, with excellent results. I do need a corrective lens for reading, but at my age, who doesn't?

We acquire a certain (and selective) protective "deafness", that's what!:lol: On a more serious note, I had lasik on my one good eye some years back, with excellent results. I do need a corrective lens for reading, but at my age, who doesn't?

Acquire? Men are born that way! :D

Has there been any one within the board that has had any personal experiences that they would like to share? I am seriously considering this because I have had the most frustrating headaches and difficulty with stressed, tired, and sensitive eyes. I was once told I was a good candidate to be considered for such regardless of all the issues I've had with my eyes.

When I realized that I couldn't see well enough to drive at night I went to an eye doctor and cataract surgery solved the problem. No offense but it seems like frustrating headaches and stress might indicate problems that eye surgery can't deal with. Find a doctor, or don't.

Good question... and I don't, honestly. I have always been sensitive toward harsh sunlight/bright winters but my eyes have not always been the primary issue. This season, almost immediately, they have come to be a problem with the dip in temps and eye allergies. Contacts had always been quite tolerable and even preferable over my glasses for years until this.

As for 3D... it's most likely lack of familiarity, as I am not much of a movie goer. Sunglasses, as Zoom-boing mentioned, come in the different shades and it seems that only certain shades give me headaches.

I was asking for personal Lasik experiences because of all the cataract surgeries that have been within my family there have been no complaints other the cataracts redeveloping. The surgeries seem very similar, but I may be mistaken.

Gene therapy to prevent blindness...
:cool:
Gene therapy used in a bid to save a man's sight
27 October 2011 - Researchers in Oxford have treated a man with an advanced gene therapy technique to prevent him from losing his sight.
It is the first time that anyone has tried to correct a genetic defect in the light-sensing cells that line the back of the eye. The president of the Academy of Medical Sciences said the widespread use of gene therapy of this treatment will be soon be possible. The operation was carried out on 63-year-old Jonathan Wyatt, an arbitration lawyer based in Bristol. Mr Wyatt was able to see normally until about the age of 19 when he began having problems seeing in the dark. He was told by doctors that his vision would get progressively worse and he would eventually go blind.

The gradual deterioration in his vision didn't stop Mr Wyatt from qualifying as a barrister. But 10 years ago he found he was having difficulty reading statements in dimly-lit courts. "The worst occasion was when I was reading out a statement to the court and I made a mistake. The judge turned to me and snapped 'Can't you read Mr Wyatt?!' I then decided it was time to put my wig down and leave advocacy." Geneticist Dan Lipinski, from the University of Oxford, explains the gene therapy process

Mr Wyatt is able to see well enough to work from home and hopes that the operation will enable him to continue his profession. Without treatment he would be blind within a few years and would be unable to work in the way that he is doing so now. "I'd like things to get a little better," he says.

Devastating diagnosis

Surgery is specially treatment of direct and at a time reducing disease. There are various types of surgery which uses in different criteria. Eye is one of most attractive part of human body which necessary for live life happy.

If it wasn't so expensive and if there wasn't the issue of insurance, I would have already had it done. The price has come down, granted, but I have four young children yet and though my husband is a miner, I do not work enough to pay for the surgery myself. That matters. :) I suppose as they get older and things become more aligned, I will make it happen. I plan to also look into becoming a bone marrow doner this coming spring. I have always wanted to do so but have just recently started retaining enough weight that I can donate blood consistently.

2012 is going to be a most marvelous year, for sure! :D

Several years ago I worked for a very large company that had thousands of employees. Our insurance package one year came out and said that it would play for correcting eye surgery for employees and their families. I personally knew dozens of fellow co-workers and their spouses who had the surgery done. I never knew anyone who had a negative experience with the surgery.

My ex-wife was one of the people who had the surgery. She was severely near sighted and had to wear thick glasses to see beyond 10 feet. After the surgery she was 20/20 vision and never had any problems.

I just thought of something while reading your posts.

women wear burkas so the men cant get all sex riled by seeing their forms and want another mans wife.

Why dont we just fix all the eyes of muslim men so they cant see more than a few feet?

Then women would not have to bear the burden of men being unable to control their thoughts.

Its the mans sin you are trying to prevetn right?

Then lets make the men bare the burden of their own sin instead of the ladies having to bear the burden of anothers sin.

Forum List

Back