Coronavirus Is Not Decreasing

Why would it go away? Our actions are not doing anything to eradicate the virus? By keeping everyone at home all we are doing is dragging out the pain by delaying herd immunity which is what we need to fight this until a vaccine can be created, IF it can be created.
So as many people as possible should get it.

Because then a vaccine will be very helpful!

fail-boat39s-baby-cousin

Why would it go away? Our actions are not doing anything to eradicate the virus? By keeping everyone at home all we are doing is dragging out the pain by delaying herd immunity which is what we need to fight this until a vaccine can be created, IF it can be created.

fail-boat39s-baby-cousin

How long do we keep society largely shut down? Give me a date, please.

fail-boat39s-baby-cousin

How long do we keep society largely shut down? Give me a date, please.
How many deaths are acceptable? Give me a number, please.

How many deaths are acceptable? Give me a number, please.

70 million is less than 1% and statistically insignificant ... just as long as it's not me that dies ...

Does anyone know how long Coronaviruses have been around? ... perhaps longer than humans? ... this particular strain, even if we eradicate it today, can always re-evolve in the future ... indeed this is the second SARS outbreak in the past twenty years ...

Herd immunity may not be available ... our bodies "remember" some viruses (like chicken pox) such that once we get it and fight it off, we never get it again ... our bodies "forget" other viruses and we can be reinfected months or years later (like tetanus) ... we don't know about this SARS-CoV-2 virus yet ... but other viruses closely related don't provide herd immunity, we can get reinfected within 6 months ...

It may take a couple of years to get a safe and effective vaccine to market ... and it will be an annual affair perhaps mixed in with the annual flu shots folks get ... hopefully a better vax than the flu one, but even 50% effectiveness is better than today ...

My apologies for all the "mays" and "mights" and "perhapses" ... weasel words all ... we just don't know, this strain has only been known to science since last December ... best we can do is compare to the first SARS outbreak ...

Moving forward, we need to take a good long look at the commercial airline industry ... is this so important to our survival that we should endure these kinds of lock downs every couple of decades? ... do we need a better plan for when the next contagion spreads across the globe? ...

Maybe a half billion dead is acceptable if y'all are that anxious to get back to work paying my fair share of the tax load ...

My apologies for all the "mays" and "mights" and "perhapses" ... weasel words all ...
Maybe that's true in a persuasive essay. But when talking about a complicated scientific topic, those are accurate words, not weasel words. So no apologies necessary.

But at the same time, that herd immunity builds up, more and more people die. Herd immunity may be a good thing when it arrives, but what a terrible thing coming along with it.

I'd be in favor of doing as much social distancing as possible, for as long as possible, all the while that scientists are working hard developing a cure and vaccine.
Do they have a cure for the common cold yet? Pneumonia? AIDs? They may NEVER come up with a vaccine for this. They might at best come up with a shot that helps reduce the effects but we get a new flu every year.

I'm at a point where I want the fucking disease to wipe out massive amounts of democrook voting populations. These pieces of shit are parasites and live mostly in dense populations like the sheep they are. Lets be rid of them so that when the next flu season hits we can live our lives and die if it's our time, and still not have to worry about vacuous lemmings electing a sociopath hag like hitlery.

I'm at a point where I want the fucking disease to wipe out massive amounts of democrook voting populations.
Welp, i hate to break it to you, but it's you dumbass trump cult hillbillies that are defying all the recommendations and passing it around your shallow gene pools.

Democrats are trying to create the myth that unless democrats are given absolute power the chinese virus will sterilize the planet of humanity.

I'm at a point where I want the fucking disease to wipe out massive amounts of democrook voting populations.
Welp, i hate to break it to you, but it's you dumbass trump cult hillbillies that are defying all the recommendations and passing it around your shallow gene pools.
And it's the true blue states that are doing the dying. That's why we aren't too worried.

Yet it's wiping out genetic garbage like you in urban areas. I just wish I could see the medieval piles of burning corpses you bed wetters pretend exist just so you can keep the economy in the toilet.

You sociopaths are nothing more than a malignancy.

And it's the true blue states that are doing the dying. That's why we aren't too worried.
By "we", you must mean you and your herpes. And really, it's you bitter old idiots dying off at a rapid pace. Soon we will be rid of almost the entire Trump cult. Thank goodness for my kids and grandkids.

But at the same time, that herd immunity builds up, more and more people die. Herd immunity may be a good thing when it arrives, but what a terrible thing coming along with it.

I'd be in favor of doing as much social distancing as possible, for as long as possible, all the while that scientists are working hard developing a cure and vaccine.
Do they have a cure for the common cold yet? Pneumonia? AIDs? They may NEVER come up with a vaccine for this. They might at best come up with a shot that helps reduce the effects but we get a new flu every year.

I'm at a point where I want the fucking disease to wipe out massive amounts of democrook voting populations. These pieces of shit are parasites and live mostly in dense populations like the sheep they are. Lets be rid of them so that when the next flu season hits we can live our lives and die if it's our time, and still not have to worry about vacuous lemmings electing a sociopath hag like hitlery.
Hard to argue with any of this. So I won't. Especially the Hitlery part.

By "we", you must mean you and your herpes. And really, it's you bitter old idiots dying off at a rapid pace. Soon we will be rid of almost the entire Trump cult. Thank goodness for my kids and grandkids.
Actually the Trumpies are increasing proportionatlely, as most US deaths are in Blue State New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Illinois, Colorado, and the Pacific coast, and other high population density cities, strongholds of Democrats.

20978.jpeg

Last edited:
EXACTLY. That's why I've been saying I want to see case numbers level off but NOT go away. We need to make hay this Summer and get our immunity numbers up.

Actually, urban areas are where the most educated and most successful people flock. Look around your trailer park. You will see what I mean (in reverse).
Conservatives would call that MISeducated. As for "success", there are different definitions of that too.

I know a lot of people would love 2 or more years of LockDown status for this. The idea of using drones, and bossing the common people around, making work a privilege than people have to earn just gives liberals a hard on.

Everyone wants to be Kim Jong Fucking Un I guess.

But I don't see it happening like that at all. I see forward-thinking Jurisdictions like Mississippi and Georgia opening up their economies and encouraging people to work in spite of threats of doom. And when nothing terrible happens, the hands of ultraliberals like Cuomo and Wolf and Newsom and Inslee will be forced. I guess they could try to maintain a state of Universal house arrest, but if the people won't go for it willingly, it will collapse.
I'll go with the reports of the doctors mentioned in the OP. Keep social distancing as much as possible.

Me too. Science over politics and economics. The spike in Covid-19 cases and deaths will be much higher now than before states decided to ease the shelter at home direction. Some of these states are already reporting increased cases and deaths. But due to the long incubation period of Corona virus, the real catastrophe will not be seen for a couple of weeks - and then it will be too late.

Sad many are not listening to the scientists like mentioned in OP.

There is wisdom in this Proverb:

Proverbs 22:3
The shrewd one sees the danger and conceals himself,
But the inexperienced keep right on going and suffer the consequences.*

Forum List

Back