Corona beer suspends production due to coronavirus

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
That's a shame. I liked their beer.

"The brewer of Corona beer has suspended production because of the coronavirus pandemic. The brand of lager - whose unfortunate name has made it a punchline during the health crisis - will not be produced after Mexico deemed it non-essential. Fears of a shortage have prompted panic-buying, with pictures from Mexican shops showing trolleys piled up with beer. The brewery Grupo Modelo said it was scaling down its operations to a 'bare minimum' in line with the Mexican government's orders."

Less killing....tastes great! Less killing....tastes great!
Less killing....tastes great! Less killing...tastes great!

I don't think Miller Lite would mind if Corona brought out a new ad campaign.

"The brewer of Corona beer has suspended production because of the coronavirus pandemic. The brand of lager - whose unfortunate name has made it a punchline during the health crisis - will not be produced after Mexico deemed it non-essential. Fears of a shortage have prompted panic-buying, with pictures from Mexican shops showing trolleys piled up with beer. The brewery Grupo Modelo said it was scaling down its operations to a 'bare minimum' in line with the Mexican government's orders."

Well that should certainly limit the spread!:2up:

I wonder if the US has shut down beer production as "nonessential?" I haven't heard anything.

I wonder if the US has shut down beer production as "nonessential?" I haven't heard anything.
They better have Martial Law ready to roll if they do that!

beer/alcohol production is of the highest essential product,,,,it keeps a lot of people occupied and stops them from killing people that need killing,,,
at least thats been my experience,,,

Often times, things become more desirable when there is a shortage, and they may sell a lot more Corona beer in the long run.
Pretty sure that's how Coors got famous. It was scarce on this end of the country in the beginning because it had to be kept refrigerated.

Often times, things become more desirable when there is a shortage, and they may sell a lot more Corona beer in the long run.
There was a product for dieting called AIDS when HIV first appeared in the 1980's. It was devastated. And that was with a very small percentage of the population affected.

beer/alcohol production is of the highest essential product,,,,it keeps a lot of people occupied and stops them from killing people that need killing,,,
Apparently the government agrees with you. I didn't find any news of US beer production shuttering.

Now that's ENOUGH!

I'll riot gawdammit!

Malt does more than Milton can to justify God's ways toward man.
A.E. Housman
Terence, This is Stupid Stuff

Yeah cause no one's ever gotten ugly, rowdy, obnoxious, unreasonable or pro- rioty after snarfin lots of alcohol!

I would have given you an "agree" if we had such a thing on this dorkfish board but we don't so you get NOTHIN!

Pretty sure that's how Coors got famous. It was scarce on this end of the country in the beginning because it had to be kept refrigerated.

It got famous because there are some fucked up in the head people in this country that'll drink anything if they put a beer lable on it.

There was a product for dieting called AIDS when HIV first appeared in the 1980's. It was devastated. And that was with a very small percentage of the population affected.

I remember that well. It was spelled 'AYDS', and it was a pretty popular diet aid.

Back then I used to watch 'Good Morning America' a lot, and frequently AYDS advertised on their show.
When they would begin to break for a commercial, the GMA announcer would say: "This next segment of Good Morning America is brought to you by...…..AYDS !"

At that time the stigma with Aids was off the charts, and not surprisingly it killed the product.

They briefly tried altering their name to 'Diet Ayds', but their fate was cast in stone, and they soon went bye bye.

Mexico deemed them non-essential thus the shutdown. Says it in the article in the OP.

Forum List

Back