Cornel West Announces Run For President As Third-Party Candidate

if you live in a swing state and you vote for Cornel West, you're helping Donald Trump become president. period. end of discussion.

27NOHRHUQRKA7FUMINYCOAGVZU.jpg

Political activist and academic Cornel West announced on Monday that he is running for president as a third-party candidate.

“In these bleak times, I have decided to run for truth and justice, which takes the form of running for president of the United States as a candidate for the People’s Party,” West said in a video on Twitter. “I enter in the quest for truth, I enter in the quest for justice, and the presidency is just one vehicle to pursue that truth and justice – what I’ve been trying to do all of my life.”

West, 70, is the latest Black candidate to enter the 2024 presidential race, after Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.) launched his campaign last month and California radio host Larry Elder joined the GOP race in April. The author was a professor of the practice of public philosophy at Harvard University, and focuses much of his social criticism on race, gender and class in American society.

“We’re not talking about hating anybody, we’re talking about loving, we’re talking about affirming, we’re talking about empowering those who have been pushed to the margins,” West said in his video. “Because neither political party wants to tell the truth about Wall Street, about Ukraine, about the Pentagon, about Big Tech.”

The video also included a clip of West complaining to media figure Bill Maher about how the two options voters have are “neofascists like brother Trump or milquetoast neoliberals like brother Biden.”

More at the link below...

Interesting. What do you think?
Looks like he could steal some wacko votes.

if you live in a swing state and you vote for Cornel West, you're helping Donald Trump become president. period. end of discussion.
I think this is the basic idea. Third Party candidates know they can't win, but they can be spoilers. So this threat of spoiling the results is supposed to move the candidate closer the spoiler side to take votes from the spoiler.

I think this is the basic idea. Third Party candidates know they can't win, but they can be spoilers. So this threat of spoiling the results is supposed to move the candidate closer the spoiler side to take votes from the spoiler.
The basic idea is that you're supporting duopoly control when you vote for duopoly candidates. "Spoiler" is a word used by spoiled crybabies who can never take responsibility for their own losses.

The basic idea is that you're supporting duopoly control when you vote for duopoly candidates. "Spoiler" is a word used by spoiled crybabies who can never take responsibility for their own losses.
You're deluded if you think a third party candidate will become President.

You're deluded if you think a third party candidate will become President.
Did you intend to ask me if I thought a third party candidate could become President?

Did you intend to ask me if I thought a third party candidate could become President?
I didn't intend to. But if you do think so then you're deluded.

Those who run the parties will never learn.

One Democratic campaign strategist said Biden should include West in conversations about the direction of the party as a way to keep him and fellow progressives on board.

“Get them in a f—ing room and ask what they want and include it in the platform,” the strategist said, adding progressives love West’s run. “I think they’ll be happy if he moves Biden[’s] rhetoric left.”

That's what the (D)'s tried to do for Hillary but it didn't work. Biden will have had nearly 4 years and years and years in Congress, if he isn't there by now, he is never going to be. They think simply stating something they know they have no intentions of actually doing will be enough. It will not.

As of right now, I'm leaning towards West. The arguments about the repercussions mean absolutely nothing to me. Just the same as the empty promises of the politicians mean to them.

He is better than the two main ones in the running right now, even though he is a statist.
Yep.

Now that he has switched to the Green party?

He stands to be an even bigger draw for folks that are disgusted with how things are run. If the DNC still nominates Biden, they are fool, at this point, IMO.

EXCLUSIVE: Jill Stein Explains Why She Thinks Cornel West Is ‘The Right Person For America’ In 2024​

Last edited:
Stein served as the Green Party presidential nominee most recently in 2016, and earned the ire of Democrats, who accused her of swiping some votes that contributed to Hillary Clinton’s loss. In several states, Jill Stein's vote share exceeded the difference between a Clinton loss and victory. Seven years later, does Stein believe she bears responsibility for the former secretary of state’s defeat?

“Absolutely not,” she emphatically tells Forbes Newsroom. “I think voters really resent being told how they have to vote ... Everybody has to earn our votes — nobody owns our votes. That’s just antithetical to the basic idea of democracy.”

The two parties still do NOT understand this. They do not own the vote of the people.

27NOHRHUQRKA7FUMINYCOAGVZU.jpg

Political activist and academic Cornel West announced on Monday that he is running for president as a third-party candidate.

“In these bleak times, I have decided to run for truth and justice, which takes the form of running for president of the United States as a candidate for the People’s Party,” West said in a video on Twitter. “I enter in the quest for truth, I enter in the quest for justice, and the presidency is just one vehicle to pursue that truth and justice – what I’ve been trying to do all of my life.”

West, 70, is the latest Black candidate to enter the 2024 presidential race, after Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.) launched his campaign last month and California radio host Larry Elder joined the GOP race in April. The author was a professor of the practice of public philosophy at Harvard University, and focuses much of his social criticism on race, gender and class in American society.

“We’re not talking about hating anybody, we’re talking about loving, we’re talking about affirming, we’re talking about empowering those who have been pushed to the margins,” West said in his video. “Because neither political party wants to tell the truth about Wall Street, about Ukraine, about the Pentagon, about Big Tech.”

The video also included a clip of West complaining to media figure Bill Maher about how the two options voters have are “neofascists like brother Trump or milquetoast neoliberals like brother Biden.”

More at the link below...

Interesting. What do you think?
That we need him to siphon as many democrat votes from Quid Pro Joe as possible.

Forum List

Back