Coping with Chaos in the White House ***Important***

Somebody must not have been paying attention in class because otherwise they wouldn't have missed the rather obvious classic case of narcissistic personality disorder we've all had to deal with over the past 8 years in the form of President Barack Obama. There is no better example.

And yet, you couldn't back up your assertion if you tried.

Is Trump a Narcissist? What About Obama? | Michael J. Hurd, Ph.D. | Living Resources Center

President Obama Is a Political Narcissist

Ben Stein Calls Obama "A Super Narcissist" For Staying In D.C. After Presidency

Krauthammer: Obama 'narcissist'

Obama’s Dangerous Narcissism | www.independentsentinel.com

Sheriff David Clarke: "Obama Suffers from Classic Narcissistic Personality Disorder" (VIDEO)

I can post more if ya want.....

10) Whenever possible, do not focus on the narcissist or give him attention.

Threads like this show he already has yours. It's easy, stop making threads about Trump. This just shows how focused you are on him. Alleviate the pain, move on, grow up and live life.

Last edited:
Crooked Hillary folks still coping with the fact their candidate was unfit for the White House I see. :p

Need another reminder that more than 2 million Americans voted for Hillary than they did Trump? Another way of phrasing this is, fewer Americans voted for Trump than Hillary. More Americans wanted Hillary for president. In other words, Trump couldn't even get more votes than crooked Hillary.

Thoughts?

Need a reminder that Hillary LOST? Laaaaoooooozzerrrrr (makes L sign) Whooped, beaten, bitch slapped. That's twice now she lost ahahaha double loser.

Somebody must not have been paying attention in class because otherwise they wouldn't have missed the rather obvious classic case of narcissistic personality disorder we've all had to deal with over the past 8 years in the form of President Barack Obama. There is no better example.

Is Trump a Narcissist? What About Obama? | Michael J. Hurd, Ph.D. | Living Resources Center

Sheriff David Clarke: "Obama Suffers from Classic Narcissistic Personality Disorder" (VIDEO)

Wow, Ben Stein (haven't heard from that loon in a while) and a bunch of other rightists say Obama's a narcissist. Amazing. That's the first time I've ever heard that in the past 8 years. Incredible. But if Ben Stein says it, then it must be true!

Getting back to the amazing write up in the OP, I feel like I'm starting to get a better feel for how Donald works.

I feel like I've known so many guys like this, but I'm not sure why. He reminds me of some bosses I had in my 20's, but Trump is worse. I pick up on the little things Trump does, and I wonder if anyone else picks up on them. He seems to lie for the sake of lying, even when it's not necessary. Ever notice that? Why do that? What benefit does he get for lying for no reason, even about trivial stuff? Personally, I think it's strategic. He does this to keep you off-balance and as a diversion tactic.

Pay attention to the things he tweets, (just don't retweet him.) Whenever he appears riled up (such as when he ends his tweets with "Sad!") you should assume that it's a diversion tactic and he wants the media and the world fixated on those rather than something else actually important, such as appointing white supremacists to his staff.

He does something called "reframing" a lot. In NLP (neuro-linguistic programming, a tool that harnesses language for therapeutic purposes) a frame is the overarching "theme" of a topic or phrase. It's like an "umbrella" over a given subject. But if you're skilled in persuasion, you can 'reframe' subjects and commonly accepted lines of thinking, and by doing so, even affect beliefs. Trump seems to have a natural ability to do this, but for his own gain.

For example, I remember he constantly reframed the subject of our economy saying "it's a disaster," despite all evidence pointing to the contrary. He hammered this over and over and over. He does this a lot. Everything is "a disaster" in his mind. When he does this, he's trying to manipulate your perception. Why? He wanted his supporters to believe that the economy was a "disaster" so that he could position himself as being the one and only man who could fix it. If you believed what Trump was saying about the economy, you likely would also believe he could fix it. After all, he's a "billionaire," right? And "billionaire's" know how to fix the economy. Otherwise, how could they be a billionaire? I'm not saying that's factual, but that's how the unconscious thought process works in the minds of his followers.

He also pummeled fear, over and over. He was constantly poking conservative's fear of ISIS, of terrorist attacks, of brown people. Fear was a major 'hot button' throughout his entire campaign. I was always the most concerned about this element of his campaign, because this is what cult leaders do to gain compliance. There is always an impending catastrophe, evil conspiracy or some horrendous conclusion that he would cultivate though his language and want you to think just might happen. If you can successfully capture, harness and direct fear, you can practically make people do whatever the fuck you want. That's what makes this part so dangerous.

I believe this constant stoking of these fears is what is leading to the numerous incidents of Trump voters threatening others, harassing others, and behaving outrageously badly in public. Their fear and anger has reached a fever pitch, and they're blowing off steam in public.

Also strange how he never apologized for anything. This may or may not be strategic manipulation on his part. It's pretty likely that it's just another symptom of his narcissism.

Last edited:

Wow, Ben Stein (haven't heard from that loon in a while) and a bunch of other rightists say Obama's a narcissist. Amazing. That's the first time I've ever heard that in the past 8 years. Incredible. But if Ben Stein says it, then it must be true!

I dont need those links to see that barry is a narcissistic asshole.
Those are just confirmation of what I see with my own eyes.
Of course with your partisan blinders on you cant see it....or you're just a moron,it's hard to tell sometimes.

Last edited:
This might be one of the most important pieces written since the election. I highly recommend it, perhaps even bookmarking it to come back to when you realize you're getting sucked in by Trump's narcissism, because it's only going to get worse from here on out.

-----------------------------------------
A few days ago, I wrote a post for my Facebook friends about my personal experience with narcissistic personality disorder and how I view the president elect as a result. Unexpectedly, the post traveled widely, and it became clear that many people are struggling with how to understand and deal with this kind of behavior in a position of power. Although several writers, including a few professionals, have publicly offered their thoughts on a diagnosis, I am not a professional and this is not a diagnosis. My post is not intended to persuade anyone or provide a comprehensive description of NPD. I am speaking purely from decades of dealing with NPD and sharing strategies that were helpful for me in coping and predicting behavior. The text below is adapted from my original Facebook post.

I want to talk a little about narcissistic personality disorder. I’ve unfortunately had a great deal of experience with it, and I’m feeling badly for those of you who are trying to grapple with it for the first time because of our president-elect, who almost certainly suffers from it or a similar disorder. If I am correct, it has some very particular implications for the office. Here are a few things to keep in mind:

1) It’s not curable and it’s barely treatable. He is who he is. There is no getting better, or learning, or adapting. He’s not going to “rise to the occasion” for more than maybe a couple hours. So just put that out of your mind.

2) He will say whatever feels most comfortable or good to him at any given time. He will lie a lot, and say totally different things to different people. Stop being surprised by this. While it’s important to pretend “good faith” and remind him of promises, as Bernie Sanders and others are doing, that’s for his supporters, so *they* can see the inconsistency as it comes. He won’t care. So if you’re trying to reconcile or analyze his words, don’t. It’s 100% not worth your time. Only pay attention to and address his actions.

3) You can influence him by making him feel good. There are already people like Bannon who appear ready to use him for their own ends. The GOP is excited to try. Watch them, not him. President Obama, in his wisdom, may be treating him well in hopes of influencing him and averting the worst. If he gets enough accolades for better behavior, he might continue to try it. But don’t count on it.

4) Entitlement is a key aspect of the disorder. As we are already seeing, he will likely not observe traditional boundaries of the office. He has already stated that rules don’t apply to him. This particular attribute has huge implications for the presidency and it will be important for everyone who can to hold him to the same standards as previous presidents.

5) We should expect that he only cares about himself and those he views as extensions of himself, like his children. (People with NPD often can’t understand others as fully human or distinct.) He desires accumulation of wealth and power because it fills a hole. (Melania is probably an acquired item, not an extension.) He will have no qualms *at all* about stealing everything he can from the country, and he’ll be happy to help others do so, if they make him feel good. He won’t view it as stealing but rather as something he’s entitled to do. This is likely the only thing he will intentionally accomplish.

6) It’s very, very confusing for non-disordered people to experience a disordered person with NPD. While often intelligent, charismatic and charming, they do not reliably observe social conventions or demonstrate basic human empathy. It’s very common for non-disordered people to lower their own expectations and try to normalize the behavior. DO NOT DO THIS AND DO NOT ALLOW OTHERS, ESPECIALLY THE MEDIA, TO DO THIS. If you start to feel foggy or unclear about this, step away until you recalibrate.

[Snip]

10) Whenever possible, do not focus on the narcissist or give him attention. Unfortunately we can’t and shouldn’t ignore the president, but don’t circulate his tweets or laugh at him — you are enabling him and getting his word out. (I’ve done this, of course, we all have… just try to be aware.) Pay attention to your own emotions: do you sort of enjoy his clowning? do you enjoy the outrage? is this kind of fun and dramatic, in a sick way? You are adding to his energy. Focus on what you can change and how you can resist, where you are. We are all called to be leaders now, in the absence of leadership.

Read points 7-9 here: Coping with Chaos in the White House

Well hell. How many got sucked in by douchebags Hope and Change?? Not once. But twice??

Grow the fuck up idiot.

Crooked Hillary folks still coping with the fact their candidate was unfit for the White House I see. :p

Need another reminder that more than 2 million Americans voted for Hillary than they did Trump? Another way of phrasing this is, fewer Americans voted for Trump than Hillary. More Americans wanted Hillary for president. In other words, Trump couldn't even get more votes than crooked Hillary.

Thoughts?

Out of fear of Trump. While the rest of the country voted out of fear of Hillary. Thoughts?

Entire elections based on fear?

For three or four years now I've simply viewed Trump as, "there's a guy who thinks his shit doesn't stink". As you can surmise, my opinion isn't one of a trained professional. But I have to say he has impressed me in these few weeks since the election. I was concerned about him being thin-skinned but he has displayed forgiveness. I'm praying for him, I think the Washington media would certainly be enough to drive me to drink.

I feel like I've known so many guys like this, but I'm not sure why.

That would be because you could, with minor thinking, apply those "points" to almost anyone.

2) "He will say whatever feels most comfortable or good at any given time" - Duh?

What "inconsistency"? You folks take everything he says to the most literal extreme in order to support your claims - aka "He's putting in fencing but he promised a wall" It's moronic.

I love how its noted "don't analyze his words" - I guarantee that you've never watched all his TV appearances in an attempt to understand who he has been from the get go. Instead, you watch a 15 second clip provided to you by the DNC controlled MSM and make an uneducated psychological analysis of him. That is why this statement is here, to dissuade folks from exploring the /real/ Trump.

3) "You can influence him by making him feel good" You mean normal feelings! Call the police, my husband was nice to me and /made/ me fall in love with him, so now I do shit for him - it's emotional slavery I tell ya.

This statement completely ignores personal morals, which despite what you'll scream at the screen right now, do exist if you'd bothered to look further than the snippets of his words. To example the whole: renters bullshit brought up as supposed racism - a matter that had absolutely nothing to do with /race/ but rather with running a business (and even property rights as the new buyer.) Had you watched /ANYTHING/ on the case in particular you would know that most of the displeased renters who came forward were in fact WHITE, very white if the truth be told. They were living in rent controlled housing, the previous owner went under, Trump bought the building for it's facade and aesthetics's. The gov had ditched the tax incentives that made such rent controls profitable for such landlords. The argument of the tenants was not so much /race/ but rather /class/ as there was a general opinion in NYC at the time that it was becoming a city for the rich - a matter the middle class was displeased with. They threw everything they could at him in order to maintain a rent control system that was unsustainable as a business. And that is just /one/ example of the misinformation that has been passed out by the MSM and is being relied upon in this article's analysis of him.

4) "Entitlement is a key aspect of the disorder" Sooo basically what you're saying is that all the lefties are Narcissistic, thanks I'll keep that in mind.

5) "He only cares about himself [extensions, kids, possessions]" ... I'm not even sure this is worth responding to. Go ask your psychological analysis exactly how he determined that Trump feels that way about himself, or his family. And again look at all the interviews he's had over the past 40 years instead of relying on the 15s shorts provided to you by Clinton News Network.

10) Sooo basically the solution suggested is to do exactly what point 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6 (just of the ones you posted) are saying are makes, and are the dangers of, Trump being a narcissist? Seriously? The solution to dealing with a narcissist is to become one?

BUHAHAHAHA

Ah, but there is. The best example shown bigly.

Getting back to the amazing write up in the OP, I feel like I'm starting to get a better feel for how Donald works.

I feel like I've known so many guys like this, but I'm not sure why. He reminds me of some bosses I had in my 20's, but Trump is worse. I pick up on the little things Trump does, and I wonder if anyone else picks up on them. He seems to lie for the sake of lying, even when it's not necessary. Ever notice that? Why do that? What benefit does he get for lying for no reason, even about trivial stuff? Personally, I think it's strategic. He does this to keep you off-balance and as a diversion tactic.

Pay attention to the things he tweets, (just don't retweet him.) Whenever he appears riled up (such as when he ends his tweets with "Sad!") you should assume that it's a diversion tactic and he wants the media and the world fixated on those rather than something else actually important, such as appointing white supremacists to his staff.

He does something called "reframing" a lot. In NLP (neuro-linguistic programming, a tool that harnesses language for therapeutic purposes) a frame is the overarching "theme" of a topic or phrase. It's like an "umbrella" over a given subject. But if you're skilled in persuasion, you can 'reframe' subjects and commonly accepted lines of thinking, and by doing so, even affect beliefs. Trump seems to have a natural ability to do this, but for his own gain.

For example, I remember he constantly reframed the subject of our economy saying "it's a disaster," despite all evidence pointing to the contrary. He hammered this over and over and over. He does this a lot. Everything is "a disaster" in his mind. When he does this, he's trying to manipulate your perception. Why? He wanted his supporters to believe that the economy was a "disaster" so that he could position himself as being the one and only man who could fix it. If you believed what Trump was saying about the economy, you likely would also believe he could fix it. After all, he's a "billionaire," right? And "billionaire's" know how to fix the economy. Otherwise, how could they be a billionaire? I'm not saying that's factual, but that's how the unconscious thought process works in the minds of his followers.

He also pummeled fear, over and over. He was constantly poking conservative's fear of ISIS, of terrorist attacks, of brown people. Fear was a major 'hot button' throughout his entire campaign. I was always the most concerned about this element of his campaign, because this is what cult leaders do to gain compliance. There is always an impending catastrophe, evil conspiracy or some horrendous conclusion that he would cultivate though his language and want you to think just might happen. If you can successfully capture, harness and direct fear, you can practically make people do whatever the fuck you want. That's what makes this part so dangerous.

I believe this constant stoking of these fears is what is leading to the numerous incidents of Trump voters threatening others, harassing others, and behaving outrageously badly in public. Their fear and anger has reached a fever pitch, and they're blowing off steam in public.

Also strange how he never apologized for anything. This may or may not be strategic manipulation on his part. It's pretty likely that it's just another symptom of his narcissism.

Everything is "a disaster" in his mind. When he does this, he's trying to manipulate your perception. Why? He wanted his supporters to believe that the economy was a "disaster" so that he could position himself as being the one and only man who could fix it. If you believed what Trump was saying about the economy, you likely would also believe he could fix it. After all, he's a "billionaire," right? And "billionaire's" know how to fix the economy. Otherwise, how could they be a billionaire? I'm not saying that's factual, but that's how the unconscious thought process works in the minds of his followers.

So true. This point is playing out in real time as we see threads on how Trump has accomplished more before being sworn in than Obama. The whole Carrier deal was orchestrated to reinforce this idea.

Barack Obama - Narcissist or Merely Narcissistic?

Oh, the last 8 years haven't been filled by a narcissist? Pull your head out of the sand, fella.

Old right wing talking point. Literally zero evidence that Obama was a narcissist. He actually would score quite low on the narcissism scale for a president.

Oh, c'mon now. Krauthammer is only a Psychiatrist for crying out loud.

The country has had to deal with a narcissist for 8 years...nothing new.

Yep, I think making these post are therapeutic for them. There are different ways that people cope. Some have just disappeared from the board. They are the ones who are dealing with and trying to accept what happened. Others, like this poor sap, can't bring themselves to accept it, so they keep searching for any news that gives them a nugget of hope. He is angry, sad, delusional and more than likely has a substance abuse issue. We will be supporting him soon, if we aren't already.

Forum List

Back