Contact Lost With AirAsia Flight To Singapore

It is a bit suspicious, what with ISIS, NK, Putin,etc. Over on twitter, a few are suspicious.

And am I wrong, but wasn't Obama MIA in Hawaii the last time a flight in Asia wound up missing? His timing sucks.

Don Lemon has the answer.....
don-lemon-black-hole.png

flight370blackhole.jpg

It is a bit suspicious, what with ISIS, NK, Putin,etc. Over on twitter, a few are suspicious.

And am I wrong, but wasn't Obama MIA in Hawaii the last time a flight in Asia wound up missing? His timing sucks.

I cannot remember, Gracie. CTV news is reporting a plane crashed in the vicinity and wreckage was found but the news media in US is not picking up the story. They made clear they had not confirmed it was this plane and I suspect it probably isn't or ABC news or one of the other mainstream media news channels would have mentioned it. This is the latest news I found online: AirAsia Plane With 162 on Board Missing in Indonesia - ABC News

AirAsia, which has a presence in most of Southeast Asia and recently India, has never lost a plane before and has a good safety track record.

"We don't dare to presume what has happened except that it has lost contact." Djoko Murjatmodjo, Indonesia's acting director general of transportation, told reporters. He said the last communication between the pilot and air traffic control was at 6.13 a.m. (2313 GMT Saturday) when the pilot "asked to avoid clouds by turning left and going higher to 34,000 feet."

He said there was no distress signal from the cockpit.

The contact was lost about 42 minutes after the single-aisle, twin-engine jetliner took off from Surabaya airport, Hadi Mustofa, an official of the transportation ministry told Indonesia's MetroTV. It was about an hour before it was scheduled to land in Singapore at 0030gmt.

The plane had two pilots, five cabin crew and 155 passengers, including 16 children and one infant, AirAsia Indonesia said in a statement. Indonesian officials had earlier said there were 161 people on board.

The AirAsia statement said there were six foreigners on board? three South Koreans and one each from Singapore, Malaysia and France. The rest were Indonesians.

It said the captain in command had a total of 6,100 flying hours, a substantial number, and the first officer a total of 2,275 flying hours.

At Surabaya airport, dozens of relatives sat in a room, many of them talking on mobile phones and crying. Some looked dazed. As word spread, more and more family members were arriving at the crisis center to await word.

Murjatmodjo, the Indonesian official, said the plane is believed to have gone missing somewhere over the Java Sea between Tanjung Pandan on Belitung island and Pontianak, on Indonesia's part of Kalimantan island.
Note the Belitung Island is on that course. That is where the plane wreckage has reportedly been found and they claimed a crash was confirmed. Yet they state that they haven't confirmed it is connected to this flight. As they had already been searching quite a few hours for the plane I'm guessing that probably was not the plane. We'll see.

Last edited:
The UK just reported this news report and included an unconfirmed report of plane wreckage found in Belitung Island. CTV had reported a plane crash confirmed and wreckage - could not confirm it was Air Asia plane - Looks like it may factor in after all. Why is the UK always out in front of us for reporting the latest news? Very frustrating!

Massive search and rescue operation underway after AirAsia flight from Indonesia with 162 people on board disappears minutes after pilot asks to increase altitude to avoid bad weather

Daily Mail Online
A flight bound for Singapore from Indonesia has lost contact with air traffic control after flying through bad weather.

An AirAsia flight that departed Surabaya on Sunday at 5.30am (Indonesian local time) was meant to land at Changi Airport at 8.30am (Singapore local time).

It has been reported there were 155 passengers on board - including 138 adults, 16 children and 1 infant, and AirAsia have confirmed there were two pilots, four flight attendants and one engineer on board.

Nationalities of passengers and crew on-board are one Singaporean, one Malaysian, one French, three South Koreans and 156 Indonesians.

There is an unconfirmed report of a wreckage being found east of Belitung Island in the Java Sea.

Read more:
Massive search and rescue operation underway after AirAsia flight from Indonesia with 162 people on board disappears minutes after pilot asks to increase altitude to avoid bad weather Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

As a note, but an unlikely one; there have just been arrests of extremist groups trying to smuggle fighters to Syria via Malaysia.
It's very unlikely to be a terrorist related loss, but it has to be mentioned.
It seems the last contact showed the aircraft attempting to climb, but losing airspeed.
This suggests engine trouble, possibly caused by hailstones in the thunderstorm.

Isn't Indonesia mostly muslim?

Yes, and so were nearly all of the passengers, and Malaysia is also nearly all Muslim.

Some of the passenger list has been on TV here.
Many of the names are clearly Christian, many Muslims as well.
Much as terrorism can't be ruled out, it's very unlikely when you consider the information available at this time.

Didn't take long for the conspiracy theories to start I see.

Idiots are all over the internet.
One bunch of morons are posting a picture of a volcano in Papua, suggesting it to be the flight crashing.
This forum has a good share of daft twats, willing to post total shit in some daft attempt to push their hate agenda.

It'll be dark in about 30 minutes, making any search extremely difficult until the morning.

It appears I am not the only person that suspects the possibility of foul play here. Note several of the most recent comments - 1 hour or go or less...

NBC News - A pilot asked for permission to change course... Facebook

Let's hope that is not what is happening here.
CNN showed the weather map in this area, the weather wasn't great. For a pilot to ask to change course to avoid the thunder heads isn't unreasonable. It's too early in the investigation to conclude terrorism especially when there are other reasonable possibilities. Shit does happen.

This one sounds like a weather casualty.

I agree with you.

Why would Islamic terrorists go all the way for that.

Doesn't make sense....no gain there

Terrorists tend to do stupid things, but they claim their part very quickly.
No claim from any of the idiot groups suggests other causes.

That is true, Fred, however no one has ever taken responsibility for the missing Malaysian jumbo jet - which disappeared without a trace. Now this one has gone missing. You have my sympathy for this awful situation. I was up late into the morning reading the news articles and it is clear to see the anguish on the faces of these people awaiting any news. Truly tragic.

Forum List

Back