Consumer Spending Slowing and Lay-Offs?

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
I'm hearing quite the rumble on other boards about consumer spending slowing and even lay-offs in certain "luxury" areas as manufacturing orders have tailed-off or stopped.

I'm pretty insulated from that world now being retired but I have backed-off a bit myself.

I was thinking of buying a new lawn tractor but for one that was close to the 2002 model I have it is over 3K.

Fuck that, so I just took it down to get it up to snuff and noticed a bunch of new mowers sitting. Usually this time of year they would have hardly any name brand ones left.....Maybe a Murray or two.

Anyone else hearing of the same?

It's really too early to tell. It's not an official recession until there are two quarters (6months) of substantially reduced GDP growth.

Just trying to gauge if it's going to be gradual of if we are going to hit a brick wall all of a sudden.
I would not be looking for a crash because nothing unexpected is happening. The economy got too hot and there was bound to be a correction after they raised interest rates and fuel prices remained high. As long as no one panics we should be alright.

I would not be looking for a crash because nothing unexpected is happening. The economy got too hot and there was bound to be a correction after they raised interest rates and fuel prices remained high. As long as no one panics we should be alright.
My reasons a purely mercenary as I'm sitting on some cash I have ear-marked for home improvements and thinking that I should wait a bit before getting started.

My reasons a purely mercenary as I'm sitting on some cash I have ear-marked for home improvements and thinking that I should wait a bit before getting started.
The next quarter will be a disaster, that is from the stock reports I've read thru.

That sort of thing is not going to get any cheaper any time soon. You will only make it more expensive waiting around.

Do those home improvements yourself. You learn alot by diving in. People here are paying $80 per hour for painters.

People are going to starve to death because of the Lunatic Left.
This has happened over and over again throughout history.
When will people learn?

Forum List

Back