Professional golfer Grayson Murray, 30, dies by suicide after withdrawing from Charles Schwab Challenge

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
Earlier today, thinking about his death, something said to me, he may have killed himself.

Sadly, his parents report that he did commit suicide.

May God have Mercy on his soul. 🙏

A day after Murray's death rocked the larger sporting world, his parents announced in a statement through the PGA Tour that he died by suicide.

"We would like to thank the PGA Tour and the entire world of golf for the outpouring of support," Eric and Terry Murray said. "Life wasn't always easy for Grayson, and although he took his own life, we know he rests peacefully now."

What, in his life, could be so bad?

Got everything in the world going for him.

Unfortunately, this story reminds me of the Dave Chappelle joke about suicide.

Condolences to his family.

SMH

"Murray had been open about having struggled with alcoholism and mental health.

Murray also shared that he struggled with anxiety and depression, which he said “stemmed a lot from alcohol use,” and that he suffered from self-esteem issues. But his life changed, he said, when he stopped “trying to fight it alone” and decided to ask for help."

RIP Grayson Murray.

1716761514344.png

Golf is an infuriating mistress. Professionals have an incredible conundrum in having to take it seriously, but not too seriously.

I enjoy golfing, but I refuse to play for money, except silly prizes like longest putt and things like that.

Golf is an infuriating mistress. Professionals have an incredible conundrum in having to take it seriously, but not too seriously.

I enjoy golfing, but I refuse to play for money, except silly prizes like longest putt and things like that.
It was once observed that, "Golf is an activity whose purpose is to place a small ball into a distant hole using instruments totally unsuitable for the task."

He had an illness, just like cancer, diabetes, it is mental illness and it kills. Suicidal thoughts probably ran through his mind daily, tough way to live, may his family find solace in he is not suffering anymore.

Forum List

Back