Constitutional Right To Peacefully Assemble Latest 'Victim' of Govt COVID-19 Crackdown

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
Govt flexes muscle to show citizens / Constitution / Founding Fathers who's 'Boss'....

One Arrested as Raleigh, NC Police Suspend First Amendment; Declare Coronavirus Lockdown Protest “Non-Essential Activity”

'Raleigh, North Carolina police suspended the First Amendment Tuesday, dispersing a protest against the COVID-19 Chinese coronavirus lockdown and arresting one protester for failing to disperse. The police issued a statement declaring “Protesting is a non-essential activity” that was in violation of an executive order by Governor Roy Cooper (D) prohibiting mass gatherings.'

What is considered 'non-essential activity' by the government is a right protected by the Constitution from a government who seeks to quell all peaceful assemblies...

Add this one to the list of Constitutional Rights - like exercise of religious freedom - being trampled in the name of 'preventing the spread of CPVID-19'.

1586962193487.png

Govt flexes muscle to show citizens / Constitution / Founding Fathers who's 'Boss'....

One Arrested as Raleigh, NC Police Suspend First Amendment; Declare Coronavirus Lockdown Protest “Non-Essential Activity”

'Raleigh, North Carolina police suspended the First Amendment Tuesday, dispersing a protest against the COVID-19 Chinese coronavirus lockdown and arresting one protester for failing to disperse. The police issued a statement declaring “Protesting is a non-essential activity” that was in violation of an executive order by Governor Roy Cooper (D) prohibiting mass gatherings.'

What is considered 'non-essential activity' by the government is a right protected by the Constitution from a government who seeks to quell all peaceful assemblies...

Add this one to the list of Constitutional Rights - like exercise of religious freedom - being trampled in the name of 'preventing the spread of CPVID-19'.

Here's what y'all infectophiles keep missing.

-- What's the adverb before the word "assemble"? "Peaceably".

Therefore an assembly of, say, a lynch mob would be an assembly but not a "peaceable" one, agreed?

Whelp, same for a congregation that huddles together despite a known contagious infection going around. One uses a rope, the other uses a virus.

Think about it.

Last edited:

-- What's the adverb before the word "assemble"? "Peacefully".

Therefore an assembly of, say, a lynch mob would be an assembly but not a "peaceful" one, agreed?

Whelp, same for a congregation that huddles together despite a known contagious infection going around. One uses a rope, the other uses a virus.

Think about it.

I thought about it...and it's stupid.

I did not ignore the word 'peacefully' at all.

You are trying to compare a racist lynch mob with Americans being forced to stay at home, denied their rights to exercise their freedom of religion, and denied their right to peacefully assemble.

Therefore an assembly of, say, a lynch mob would be an assembly but not a "peaceful" one, agreed?

Think about it.

You are trying to compare a racist lynch mob with Americans being forced to stay at home, denied their rights to exercise their freedom of religion, and denied their right to peacefully assemble.
Yeah, I am pretty sure Pogo knows what a false equivalency is, he is just being retarded to push a political agenda.

false-equivalence-jesus-and-hitler.jpg

Think about it.

Yeah, I am pretty sure Pogo knows what a false equivalency is, he is just being retarded to push a political agenda.

his only political agenda i've ever seen is feed his own ego regardless of the stupid shit it makes him say and contradictions it makes him create.

Think about it.

his only political agenda i've ever seen is feed his own ego regardless of the stupid shit it makes him say and contradictions it makes him create.
That's true. I hadn't actually thought of it that way. I have seen him do some pretty damn silly equivocating b/c of it at times.

Never once have I seen him ever learn anything or admit to being wrong though.

Think about it.

That's true. I hadn't actually thought of it that way. I have seen him do some pretty damn silly equivocating b/c of it at times.

hell when i first got here, i even told him yes, i was wrong in how i said something and i rephrased it. he kept on attacking and telling me how wrong i was.

it was one of the top 10 stupidest conversations i've ever had in my life.

-- What's the adverb before the word "assemble"? "Peaceably".

Therefore an assembly of, say, a lynch mob would be an assembly but not a "peaceable" one, agreed?

Think about it.

The BASIS of a hypothetical lynch mob (and I didn't say it was racial, did I) is irrelevant here just as the basis of the hypothetical congregation, but apparently you're saying that a lynch mob has the right to peaceably assemble then? Because in either case the outcome is death. The main difference is in the latter it's potentially many more deaths and they're indiscriminate, whereas the lynch mob has its specific target.

So the question we're STILL down to is, whether an assembly that results in death as a direct consequence of that assembly, can be called "peaceable".

Think about it.

Intellectual sloth. My favourite thing.

Read post 11 and try to refute it. The OP can't do it; all he can come up with is nervous laughter.

Last edited:

Think about it.

hell when i first got here, i even told him yes, i was wrong in how i said something and i rephrased it. he kept on attacking and telling me how wrong i was.

it was one of the top 10 stupidest conversations i've ever had in my life.

Linkydinky?

Think about it.

Read post 11 and try to refute it.
I don't have to "try."

It was already addressed by Thoreau and James Corbett in Post #3, before you made a fool and a petty tyrant of yourself.

If you had bothered to watch the video, you could have more specifically answered the question HE posed to you at the end of his video now, couldn't ya?

I am beginning to think you aren't an American at all, but an agent of the Crown, this is becoming clear.

Think about it.

Well good, why don't you go down to the homeless camp and bring Jesus to all of the poor folk there. They could use a good meal, and most of the "Come to Jesus" groups can get a crowd of hundreds singing "Bringing in the Sheaves", if there's a hot dog and a soda at the end of the hymn. The really popular preachers in Moss Park bring ice cream.

The public's health takes precedence over the Constitution for now. A bunch of far right wing extremists complaining does not impress me at all. Many churches are streaming their services so people can still attend services online.

I don't think Corbett is saying we need to use violence, all he is saying is non-compliance, en masse, is enough to foil the plans of the global elites.

This is the whole reason for this hyped up state of affairs in the first place. This is, after all, an extension of Agenda 2030. Folks were not going along with the carbon tax agenda in a timely enough manner for the global bureacracy, that was a plan for some time, it kept getting pushed back.

Now this. If folks treated this, with the same way they treated AGW, in regards to their liberty? It would go nowhere in regards to ceding their civil rights and civil liberties.

Think about it.

Well good, why don't you go down to the homeless camp and bring Jesus to all of the poor folk there. They could use a good meal, and most of the "Come to Jesus" groups can get a crowd of hundreds singing "Bringing in the Sheaves", if there's a hot dog and a soda at the end of the hymn. The really popular preachers in Moss Park bring ice cream.

Bwuhahahahaha......so still no link to that 'Anymnity' afforded to whistle blowers law, huh?!

:p

The public's health takes precedence over the Constitution for now.

The things Democrats and snowflakes declare take precedence over the US Constitution.....because they say so....is amazing.

:p

Think about it.

Read post 11 and try to refute it.
I don't have to "try."

It was already addressed by Thoreau and James Corbett in Post #3, before you made a fool and a petty tyrant of yourself.

If you had bothered to watch the video, you could have more specifically answered the question HE posed to you at the end of his video now, couldn't ya?

I am beginning to think you aren't an American at all, but an agent of the Crown, this is becoming clear.

I wasn't responding to your post downthread; I responded directly to the OP. Which isn't even yours.

THAT''S KIND OF WHY IT'S QUOTED IN THE POST, isn't it. DAMN, fulla yourself much??

Having now burned eight minutes and fourteen seconds I'll never get back of your hair-on-fire tinfoil conspiracy cry-the-blooze-and-hey-looka-me Chicken Little egomaniac video it's irrelevant to my point.

And it's bullshitting a strawman too --- nobody is "locked in their own homes", so even if it were relevant to the point it would be fallaciously tilted. "Corbett Report", holy shit what an ego.

I give you St. Louis and Philadelphia in the 1918 pandemic. One isolated, one didn't. And the latter paid a hefty price. One had more personal freedoms, and also WAY more dead. Essplain to the class what personal freedoms are enjoyed by the dead.

Forum List

Back