Constitutional Carry, no permit to carry a gun.

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
In the United States, the term constitutional carry, also called permitless carry, refers to the legal carrying of a handgun, either openly or concealed, without a license or permit.[1][2][3] The phrase does not typically refer to the unrestricted carrying of a long gun, a knife, or other weapons. The scope and applicability of constitutional carry may vary by state.

Constitutional carry - Wikipedia

---------------------------------------------------
States with green (12 I count) do not even need a permit to carry.

Constitutional Carry and Permitless Carry In Depth Overview

-------------------------------------------------------------

I never knew some states didn't even need a permit, so any drug addicted, robber and nutcase can buy a gun.

We know carrying firearms was often controlled in the "wild west" towns. It was common sense that drunk cowboys have a little of their second amendment 'rights' reduced when their 'right' to drink too much was being exercised. Common sense is all that many of us want. Concealed carry could reasonably be a matter of safety training and evaluation without undue restriction of other 'rights'. After all, for people, for the community, there are 'rights' as well. The 'right' to a minimum of safety is not a lot to ask for.

Last edited:
That is exactly what the second Amendment allows for.

Glad to see some states taking our Constitution seriously.

Actually no, it doesn't.

The right to bear arms is the right to be in the militia.

There's no point in having a right to carry arms around, it serves no purpose that would have got it into the Bill of Rights.

Actually no, it doesn't.

There's no point in having a right to carry arms around, it serves no purpose that would have got it into the Bill of Rights.

It's hard to believe people are still stuck on the militia idiocy.

really...like a buncha redneck farmboys are going to 'militsh' a d*mn thing......~S~

“Constitutional carry” is an ignorant, ridiculous term.

Requiring a license or permit to carry a concealed weapon is just as Constitutional and consistent with the Second Amendment.

In the United States, the term constitutional carry, also called permitless carry, refers to the legal carrying of a handgun, either openly or concealed, without a license or permit.[1][2][3] The phrase does not typically refer to the unrestricted carrying of a long gun, a knife, or other weapons. The scope and applicability of constitutional carry may vary by state.

I never knew some states didn't even need a permit, so any drug addicted, robber and nutcase can buy a gun.
Not necessarily.

The permit requirement is unrelated to obtaining a firearm.

States with no carry permit or license requirement are still subject to Federal firearm laws.

Actually no, it doesn't.

It's hard to believe that someone will reply to a post without knowing what the fuck they're talking about....

But happens all the time, doesn't it? And you've just added to the huge pile of shitty posts.

Though, here's the difference between you and me, I can back my argument up with lots of evidence, you can't.

Oh, well.

The permit to carry has nothing to do with the ability to purchase a gun

Actually no, it doesn't.

Keep and bear arms

Own and carry arms

no militia service required

We have Permitless Carry in Maine. You still have to have a background check to buy a gun, though.

Wrong.

Again, requiring a permit or license to carry a concealed weapon is perfectly consistent with the Second Amendment.

States that regulate the carrying of concealed firearms are taking the Constitution seriously.
Maine has concealed carry. If people are going to tote a gun around, I'd just as soon they have it under their jacket, tbh. Some guy walked into the local diner one morning with a handgun holstered on his hip. What a tard. Only time I saw such around here. He still comes in regularly, but the gun has gone *poof*. Must have gotten mocked too much.

Actually no, it doesn't.

Keep and bear arms

Own and carry arms

Why does the sentence include the word militia?

Actually no, it doesn't.

It's hard to believe that someone will reply to a post without knowing what the fuck they're talking about....

But happens all the time, doesn't it? And you've just added to the huge pile of shitty posts.

Though, here's the difference between you and me, I can back my argument up with lots of evidence, you can't.

Oh, well.

So the second actually reads, the right of the militia to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed?

I’d check the bill of rights again, it ain’t there

Actually no, it doesn't.

Keep and bear arms

Own and carry arms

Why does the sentence include the word militia?

Why doesn’t the sentence give the right to the militia? Why is the second included in the first place?

The Right to Bear Arms

A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

(people shall bear arms for a well regulated militia) it was to fight off the British, and even other states as we seen in the civil war and to keep the slaves in order.

Actually no, it doesn't.

It's part of the 2nd Amendment. It's hard to believe people pretend it isn't.

Forum List

Back