....conspiracy? obstruction of official proceedings? cooridination?

Chillicothe

Platinum Member
Feb 14, 2021
This morning I saw a really intersting article in my 'Lawfare' newsfeed.
It is a treatment of what is known on the "insurrection"-aspect of the January 6th breaching of the Capitol of the United States.

And frankly, I found it traction-ful because it seemingly supported my own view that January 6th was not a mere 'Tourist Gone Wild' event. It was more than a spontaneous protest that got out of hand. I've long felt....and said so on this venue.....that there seemed to be some guiding hands involved. And if so, to what end? And by whom?

Anyway, Lawfare offers us their view on that. I am offering a taster below. And becaue Lawfare has no paywall I've offered the link if you want to read the whole enchilada. But, I'm gonna break this OP into three posts. As the information is thick with names and actions, and covers several aspects of the events.
You can read it in its entirety in this link: The Conspirators: The Proud Boys and Oath Keepers on Jan. 6

"A week before the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection, Enrique Tarrio, the chairman of the Proud Boys, issued an unusual message to his crew.
In a Dec. 29, 2020, post on Parler, Tarrio called on gang members to “turn out in record numbers” on Jan. 6, but this time “with a twist.” He continued: “We will not be wearing our traditional Black and Yellow. We will be incognito and we will be spread across downtown DC in smaller teams.”

That same day, the head of a Florida Proud Boys chapter, Joe Biggs, issued his own Parler post highlighting the importance of “blending in” on Jan. 6. “You won’t see us,” he wrote. ........ Jan 6th is gonna be epic.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"By then, another far-right, extremist group, the Oath Keepers, was also preparing for Jan. 6. Two days before the riot, the group’s founder and leader, Stewart Rhodes, posted a statement on the Oath Keeper’s website. It read in part: "[W]e will also have well armed and equipped QRF [quick reaction force] teams on standby, outside DC, in the event of a worst case scenario, where the President calls us up as part of the militia to assist him inside DC."

"“I’ll keep working on overall contact between Natl/congress team and stop the steal team for scheduling etc.,” Oath Keeper Kelly Meggs wrote, for instance, in an encrypted Oath Keeper chat channel on Signal on Jan. 4. "

--------------------------------------------------------------

More follows in the next post.

The third aspect I reference above will be a separate thread ...(about Roger Stone)....because, for me, that was new information. And it does offer a remarkable insight into Stone's thoughts, and actions, vis-a-vis January 6th.

Last edited:
Next in the Lawfare piece:

• "There is strong evidence that Proud Boy leaders planned and executed an attack on the Capitol.

• Though the Proud Boys made up a tiny percentage of the crowd, there is strong evidence that they played an extraordinarily important role in fomenting and executing the attack.

• There is strong evidence that Oath Keepers prepared in advance for violence on Jan. 6 and hoped that President Trump would “call them up” to impose something like martial law—probably by “invoking the Insurrection Act.”

• In contrast to the Proud Boys, however, it’s unclear if the Oath Keepers specifically set out to breach the Capitol that day. It’s not even clear whether they would have breached the Capitol had not the mob, spearheaded by Proud Boys, already done so first.

• Though there are individuals outside the Proud Boys and Oath Keeper organizations who obviously played crucial roles in setting the stage for the violence that these groups allegedly effectuated on Jan. 6–including Alex Jones, Roger Stone and Donald Trump—the Oath Keeper and Proud Boy prosecutions do not seem likely, in themselves, to present evidence that will criminally implicate those individuals."

For 90% of the protestors who were there, it was a protest that got out of hand and became a riot.

For the remaining 10%, they had a lot more sinister intentions. They were going to force Pence into disqualifying the certification. And if they found Nancy Pelosi, God help her.

This was the only "insurrection" that took place there...

1641663874505.png

Your boys at the FBI say differently...
This was the only "insurrection" that took place there...
OP, you had your ilk had your day
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, really.....good posters, after you read all of the Lawfare article (in the link)........what did you think of the argument and the facts that Lawfare described?

Personally, for me I saw new information, and I saw an articulate presentation of what is known at this time.

I didn't post it as a polemic. But rather with the intention of being informative.

So, did it inform you of aspects you unaware of ?

Or did you already know about the role of the Proud Boys and the Oathkeepers?

If so, can you share with the forum your souces so we an get more views of the details that Lawfare offered?

-----------------------------------------------

Ps....don't miss the nearby thread on Roger Stone (also from the same Lawfare article).

What Lawfare revealed was new to me.

New to you too?

For 90% of the protestors who were there, it was a protest that got out of hand and became a riot.

For the remaining 10%, they had a lot more sinister intentions. They were going to force Pence into disqualifying the certification. And if they found Nancy Pelosi, God help her.
Most important for them succeeding on any agenda, they needed leadership and Trump left them flatfooted. Had Trump did what he promised and accompanied them to the Capitol, it would have been a real attempted coup.

If he had done that, he would have been shot dead in his tracks, most likely by a military or police official in place to guard against the possibility.

But of course, Trump was quite content with the show being put on and the maintaining of a threat that stopped short of him being in serious trouble.

Suggesting that Trump may have stopped just short of committing a crime that is punishable by law?

Some may wonder, did the theater put on by Trump and his supporters serve him well? Or did it hurt his cause?

Your boys at the FBI say differently...

i tend to trust the fbi here, especially when it’s run by Garland and Xiden. they would want nothing more the. to prosecute trump etc, but they can’t find the actual evidence to support it…so dem it cultist ignore that reality and instead follow propagandist like the bloggers at Lawfare

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, really.....good posters, after you read all of the Lawfare article (in the link)........what did you think of the argument and the facts that Lawfare described?

Personally, for me I saw new information, and I saw an articulate presentation of what is known at this time.

I didn't post it as a polemic. But rather with the intention of being informative.

If so, can you share with the forum your souces so we an get more views of the details that Lawfare offered?

Ps....don't miss the nearby thread on Roger Stone (also from the same Lawfare article).

New to you too?
There was NO PLANNING of the "insurrection", outside of that of the the FBI and it's agents/lackeys like Stewart Rhodes, Ray Epps, Scaffold Commander, et. al.

Lawfare is afitprop disinformation, tailored for State worshiping bootlickers who need to reassure themselves that The State is their friend, and all who oppose it are the worst people to ever draw a breath....Little wonder you find them "informative".

Last edited:
i tend to trust the fbi here, especially when it’s run by Garland and Xiden. they would want nothing more the. to prosecute trump etc, but they can’t find the actual evidence to support it…so dem it cultist ignore that reality and instead follow propagandist like the bloggers at Lawfare
Their denial that there was planning by Oath Keepers, Proud Boys, etcetera, is a left-handed distraction attempt, to take your attention away from their role in the faked Michigan "kidnapping", and that the Section Chief for Michigan was suddenly transferred to the DC section prior to the fake "insurrection".

The OP is actively peddling more of this disinformation.

Definition of an insurrection:

It is a violent revolt against an oppressive authority. Insurrection is different from riots and offenses connected with mob violence. In insurrection there is an organized and armed uprising against authority or operations of government whereas riots and offenses connected with mob violence are simply unlawful acts in disturbance of the peace which do not threaten the stability of the government or the existence of political society.

The following is a case law defining Insurrection:

Insurrection means “a violent uprising by a group or movement acting for the specific purpose of overthrowing the constituted government and seizing its powers. An insurrection occurs where a movement acts to overthrow the constituted government and to take possession of its inherent powers.”

I do not believe the Jan 6th incident was an intentional attempt overthrow the gov't and seize it's powers. That is a bunch of crap with no basis in fact. One could make the argument that those people were trying to disrupt or delay the vote to validate Biden's election, but it's quite a reach to say that equates to overthrowing the gov't. It wasn't all that violent and it was not an armed uprising. I see that act as mob violence are simply unlawful acts in disturbance of the peace which do not threaten the stability of the government or the existence of political society. I do not believe the stability of the federal gov't was threatened.

Further, I believe the democrats are pushing this insurrection charge as long and hard as they can, purely for political purposes. And they are trying to paint all conservatives as insurrectionists, which of course is bullshit. When the FBI, under the auspices of the Biden DOJ comes out and says there is no evidence of an organized and planned attack and that there was no evidence of Trump's involvement then by definition that oughta be it enough to conclude there was no insurrection.

New to you too?
I'm always amazed when something appears out of thin air.

abra cadabra

Jan.6th. was political theater that was carefully arranged by legal minds to stop just short of legal action against Trump being justifiable. But of course that called for the sacrifice of his lieutenants having to pay for more minor crimes than guilt on a coup attempt.

But new laws and new interpretations of the law can be created to suit the political climate of the situation. It can go either way, for or against Trump, Stone, and the leaders, but the momentum is still very much in Trump's favour.

However, all of minor importance compared to the support or lack of, by the military when the time comes for Trump in 24.

There was NO PLANNING of the "insurrection", outside of that of the the FBI and it's agents/lackeys like Stewart Rhodes, Ray Epps, Scaffold Commander, et. al.

Lawfare is afitprop disinformation, tailored for State worshiping bootlickers who need to reassure themselves that The State is their friend, and all who oppose it are the worst people to ever draw a breath....Little wonder you find them "informative".

~~~~~~
If there was any planning it would have been as seen Ray Epps, who the FBI refuses to investigate. or arrest.

~~~~~~
If there was any planning it would have been as seen Ray Epps, who the FBI refuses to investigate. or arrest.

As well as the supposed bombs they found at both the Democratic and Republican headquarters in DC.

Not a word from the FBI about those little false flag ops.

As well as the supposed bombs they found at both the Democratic and Republican headquarters in DC.

Not a word from the FBI about those little false flag ops.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Folks, you seem to be whining about the above.....'no investigation'.......'no word' on an investigation. It is not a good look for your chosen avatars.

So folks, and I offer this as well-meaning advice: Quit whining. And do something about it.

Call your local FBI office and ask for a face2face meeting with the head of the office, or settle for a duty-agent. Lay out your concerns. You could even do that with your local Congressional Representative. Call the office, ask for a face2face meeting with your Rep, or even his chief of staff.
Tell them of your concerns. Be earnest. Be sincere. Be calm and articulate.

And, if you would, good posters Doc & Galt, ......please come back to the forum and describe your experience.
It may serve as guidance and a game plan if we decide to complain about such stuff ourselves.

Thanks in advance.

Forum List

Back