Conservative identification question

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
Just curious. Of the conservatives here:

Who considers themselves a Republican, and who considers themselves a Tea Partier?

Thinking back, I see a lot of posts defending the Tea Party but I don't remember seeing anyone actually say they are Tea Partiers.

Yes, I realize that the Tea Party is not an actual party. But do you think of yourself as one?

Last edited:
I don't think of myself as anything but a conservative. I'm not registered as a Republican but vote for them or don't vote. I agree with most everything about what the TEA party people believe in.

How somebody labels me isn't particularly meaningful.

I'm just a conservative, not a republican or Tea Party but I do agree with a lot of what the Tea Party stands for. Lately I associate republican with RINO and that bothers me

They were all republicans until that name became an embarrassment, and then they were tea party.....same thing happened. Now they use a wide range of names to identify themselves. The fact is, if you put them all in a sack and shook them up, it would be impossible to separate them into their chosen groups. They are all the same, no matter what they want you to call them.

Lately I associate republican with RINO and that bothers me

I completely agree and I believe Boehner and McConnell both need to go along with many of the Republicans. The Tea Party candidates were elected for a reason were quickly minimized by Republican leaders for not toeing the line. And now Trump is leading the pack with Carson hot on his trail and the Republican establishment can't figure out why.

They were all republicans until that name became an embarrassment, and then they were tea party.....same thing happened. Now they use a wide range of names to identify themselves. The fact is, if you put them all in a sack and shook them up, it would be impossible to separate them into their chosen groups. They are all the same, no matter what they want you to call them.
...and this is why I could never be a liberal. Stupid, hateful, intolerant and thinks his opinion really matters. With all the garbage from the Democrats this one thinks Republicans are an embarrassment? There are how many Republicans running for president alone and this retard can't tell one from the other.

One of the reasons I ask this question is that I'm getting the feeling - tell me if I'm wrong - that some conservatives who would identify as Tea Partiers avoid doing so out loud, and I'm wondering if they feel the term has become some kind of negative.

Yes? No?

One of the reasons I ask this question is that I'm getting the feeling - tell me if I'm wrong - that some conservatives who would identify as Tea Partiers avoid doing so out loud, and I'm wondering if they feel the term has become some kind of negative.

Yes? No?
I have no idea except for the fact that it isn't a political party you officially join. It's a movement. Sorta like saying you belong to the conservative party. People will say "huh"?

Yes? No?

Part of the problem is the media and the left has made the Tea Party out to be something it isn't. I've been to a couple of the Tea Party rallies and I never saw any racism or terrorist type thing. They were people that just want this nation back on track.

...and this is why I could never be a liberal. Stupid, hateful, intolerant and thinks his opinion really matters. With all the garbage from the Democrats this one thinks Republicans are an embarrassment? There are how many Republicans running for president alone and this retard can't tell one from the other.
Kinda amazing really

If be embarrassed to be you. You support baby killing.

Just curious. Of the conservatives here:

Who considers themselves a Republican, and who considers themselves a Tea Partier?

Thinking back, I see a lot of posts defending the Tea Party but I don't remember seeing anyone actually say they are Tea Partiers.

Yes, I realize that the Tea Party is not an actual party. But do you think of yourself as one?

leftists feel a strong need to label others

Lately I associate republican with RINO and that bothers me

I completely agree and I believe Boehner and McConnell both need to go along with many of the Republicans. The Tea Party candidates were elected for a reason were quickly minimized by Republican leaders for not toeing the line. And now Trump is leading the pack with Carson hot on his trail and the Republican establishment can't figure out why.

and the Republican establishment can't figure out why

they are about to get left in the dustbin of history

About 5 years ago I registered as an independent. I find todays republican party to be a bunch of disgusting, gutless, establisment, sell out, worthless assholes.

I consider myself to be a conservative/Christian/veteran. Evidently there really isn't a party for that. I have to vote for whoever best matches my opinions.

Forum List

Back