Conservative Host Has Brilliant Solution For Poor School Kids - Call CPS

Put them in Foster Care? The system is already overcrowded.

And you do know that foster parents are paid per child. While it isn't much, considering what they do (or should do), it is far more than the cost of school lunches.

I wonder how kids ate, before FDR enacted Social Welfare programs? Oh yeah, those kids had to help their parents on the farm or other ways to make income. I went out and mowed laws for a few extra bucks a week. And peanut butter and jelly sandwiches kept me from starving......
My dad was forced out of school in sixth grade to work for his room and board. He grew up functionally illiterate and that ensured that we grew up in want. Kids having to work for the sake of survival is a theft from their education and future prosperity.

Not every case is the same
You are correct that not every situation is the same. However, far too often I encounter these families who need “assistance “ but have a 69” flatscreen tv, a new smartphone for every family member and other luxury items. A large part of the problem appears to me to be a lack of priorities in many of these families.

But they get the sadism element they so desperately crave. Conservatives have always favored punishing poverty.
It used to be when you fail, you get up and try again, if you fail again, you try again. "If at first you dont succeed, try, try again." Now with Uncle Sugar out there telling everyone who isnt white, male, heterosexual and Christian, that they are all victims, then of course those victims cannot succeed. Even though the brown turn Obammy and Camel Toe Harris, both reached the highest they ever thought they would get. Poverty is for those that listened to the Marxists, and their victimhood speeches...

You are correct that not every situation is the same. However, far too often I encounter these families who need “assistance “ but have a 69” flatscreen tv, a new smartphone for every family member and other luxury items. A large part of the problem appears to me to be a lack of priorities in many of these families.

I think you encounter the scammers, not the poor. I have known too many people struggling at the edge.

My dad was forced out of school in sixth grade to work for his room and board. He grew up functionally illiterate and that ensured that we grew up in want. Kids having to work for the sake of survival is a theft from their education and future prosperity.
That explains a lot.

"After a far-right Republican state lawmaker claimed there are no hungry people in Minnesota because he hasn't met any, then voted against a free school lunch program, extremely conservative pundit Ben Shapiro, considered a right wing “thought leader,” weighed in, declaring Child Protective Services – not free school lunches – is the solution. school lunches are not going to solve the problem of child hunger at any serious level. Appearing to be reading a question from a supporter [about school lunch] - Shapiro said" Well, If there is a problem of children actually starving that is a child endangerment scenario to which CPS needs to be called - the truth is it does not take that much money to feed a child. I know I have three of them," he added.

Michael O’Brien, MD, a pediatrician, responded to the video of Shapiro and wrote: "The same pundits and activists targeting the LGBTQ community, drag queens, and books — in the name of ‘protecting kids’ — don’t give a damn about childhood hunger."

Now it makes sense....if a child Is having to rely on school lunch....maybe CPS needs to be called and the child removed..that is basically child abuse and if a parent has to rely on government to feed their kid, that child needs to be removed and placed in foster care. Truth of the matter is, no child in this country is hungry, therefore no child in this country needs to have a school provide them with free breakfast or lunch. I believe the Dems are trying to force these lunches on these kids; and using the GMO's in the food to turn these kids into gay CRT transgender Antifa woke mob soldiers.
odd thing to say that he doesn’t care about child hunger when he is literally saying call CPS if you see a starving child

In many cases they are. Acknowledging that does not feed a kid. Calling CPS is also not a real solution as everyone knows those calling for that would never pick up the tab for what that costs, would they?
Good points. Our notion of civilization is the primary culprit. Amazon tribes don’t have this problem, Chabad does not have this problem, the Japanese do not have this problem; any group of People dedicated to looking out for each other already have the answer. It’s a direct consequence of trying to remove G-d from our lives

Maybe yall dont. I dont vote for any of these corporatists.
Ummm calling CPS on parents that neglect a child is letting them fail? lol ok i guess.

It matters none to a kid what you say you do. We aren't going to fund massive wharehouses for kids.

If a parent cant feed their kids, those kids have many more problems than just hunger.
Kids can get fat, develop onset diabetes on the SNAP allowance alone, never mind free meals at school.

Lazy, stupid parents = hungry kids.

Good points. Our notion of civilization is the primary culprit. Amazon tribes don’t have this problem, Chabad does not have this problem, the Japanese do not have this problem; any group of People dedicated to looking out for each other already have the answer. It’s a direct consequence of trying to remove G-d from our lives

I don't believe those you mentioned are big supporters of "God".

Forum List

Back