Cons, please explain Trump's grocery stores comment

The explanation is self-evident, Trump is out of touch with working people and does not care who he hurts.

High end grocery stores deliver the comestibles to domestic staff, who have called the order in, in advance. The bills are paid monthly.

In this scenario, the grocery stores could easily grant a month's leeway.

But for people who spend their time in the checkout lines, I don't see any easy way for the grocers to accommodate this short-term "crisis."

OTOH, workers in the Real World who earn salaries on the order of magnitude of Federal GS employees, have either savings or other debt resources that can cover this inconvenience. Don't forget, the average wage for a Fed is nearing six digits, and like all Americans, the vast majority of Fed households have two (2) incomes.

While there is no doubt that some of them are put at hardship by this, they are in a small minority, and the Media seeks out for coverage those who are most dramatically affected, in their continuing campaign to reverse the results of the 2016 election.

The explanation is self-evident, Trump is out of touch with working people and does not care who he hurts.
This is true.

Funny how he fits the description of EVERY OTHER POLITICIAN, but for some reason, everyone ignores this attribute in all other politicians.

Somebody explain the phenom to me.

High end grocery stores deliver the comestibles to domestic staff, who have called the order in, in advance. The bills are paid monthly.

But for people who spend their time in the checkout lines, I don't see any easy way for the grocers to accommodate this short-term "crisis."

OTOH, workers in the Real World who earn salaries on the order of magnitude of Federal GS employees, have either savings or other debt resources that can cover this inconvenience. Don't forget, the average wage for a Fed is nearing six digits, and like all Americans, the vast majority of Fed households have two (2) incomes.

While there is no doubt that some of them are put at hardship by this, they are in a small minority, and the Media seeks out for coverage those who are most dramatically affected, in their continuing campaign to reverse the results of the 2016 election.
The average wage for a Fed employee is not helpful in this scenario. The high-ranking mucky mucks skew the average. I would definitely guess that most of the workers on furlough are nowhere near making that much. If they were, we would not be hearing about all the fund raising potluck suppers and loans being floated, etc. I know the Coast Guard folks around here are hurting.

This is true.

Funny how he fits the description of EVERY OTHER POLITICIAN, but for some reason, everyone ignores this attribute in all other politicians.

Maybe someone could then explain how we are told all the time that Trump is not a politician, even though he has all of their attributes.

80% of the country lives paycheck to paycheck, even those making 6 figures.

In some places, six figures is considered low income.

This is true.

Maybe someone could then explain how we are told all the time that Trump is not a politician, even though he has all of their attributes.

you mean like LYING with every other word that comes out of his mouth?

Well if democrats cared, we wouldn't be in this situation.
51016054_10157059836812372_5761472617814949888_n.jpg

Pelosi is poor too.

Pelosi is poor too.

No, she isn't. And she'd be the first person to tell you she isn't. What does Nancy Pelosi have to do with the fact that in three California counties, six figures is considered low income? Because one of the counties is hers?

The reason people live paycheck to paycheck is because of the massive interest we pay in our indebted society. If discipline is used people could stop this. The thing is if working class it won't make you rich, just debt free or near it and a lot more comfortable. The money lenders are not nice. They lie and fleece us all. I took out a loan expressing if I pay the automobile off that I could do it faster and was told if I did I would get interest money back. It did not happen. You must verify and get certification when you get loans. Even if you pay a little more for it. Credit Unions may be better then Banks. Especially for homes. Remember you may be able to get loans where you could pay off a couple more months at a time taking more principal then interest. You may have to continue each month also without skipping by the agreement. A Federal Reserve Note is not positive money. It is negative money. It tells you on the note. It is for all debts. Under the Federal Reserve Act when you see your monthly bills as an example....You paid 20 dollars in principle and 80 dollars in interest. The 20 dollars is wiped from the system. The interest goes to the greedy bastards who gave you the loan. They are mafia loan sharks, only legal!

rea

read about the guy just adding to his multi million dollar homes with a 238 million dollar purchase of a condo in Manhattan?

Yesterday Donald Trump said that banks and grocery stores would "work along" with furloughed federal workers.
Trump: Local businesses such as grocery stores will 'work along' with feds during shutdown
I understand the bank part. Maybe they will give workers low interest loans.
But can you explain what grocery stores will do?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

When I was a child, before supermarkets existed, we bought our groceries at a small family owned store in our neighbourhood. After my father died, and my mother just had a small widow's pension for income, the owner would run an account for my mother, and she would pay him when her cheque came in. Trump thinks this is the 1950's and we buy our groceries from small neighbour family owned stores.

I'll be 70 this year. That grocery store closed when I was teenager. Trump is totally out of touch.

Forum List

Back