Congressman Paul Gosar Grills FBI Director Wray on Who Executed Ashli Babbitt?

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
Arizona Republican Congressman Paul Gosar grilled beleaguered FBI director Christopher Wray Tuesday in a hearing, pressing Wray on why the name of the law enforcement officer who executed unarmed Capitol protester Ashli Babbitt has not been released to the public. Wray dodged Gosar’s pointed questions.

“Do you approve of lethal force against unarmed citizens, particularly a 110-pound woman with no warning, no use of non-lethal force prior, while lying in wait?” Gosar asked Wray. When Wray smugly replied “Not gonna try to answer a hypothetical, especially one based on a case that I just said I-” Gosar snapped back “That actually wasn’t a hypothetical, that’s actually what happened.”

Ashli Babbitt’s widowed husband appeared on Tucker Carlson Tonight on Monday night with an attorney to demand the name of the officer who shot and killed his wife.

NATIONAL FILE REPORTED IN APRIL: As the Department of Justice continues to hide the identity of the officer who shot and killed Ashli Babbitt, the Biden administration has arrested a journalist who recorded her murder.

Ashli Babbitt, the unarmed election integrity protestor and USAF veteran, was gunned down by a Capitol Police officer on January 6th, during the protests at the US Capitol in Washington DC. On Wednesday, the Department of Justice announced that they would not pursue charges against the officer responsible, claiming that there was “insufficient evidence” to determine whether her civil rights had been violated.

(Excerpt) Read more at nationalfile.com ...

Her husband had gotten no closure from his wife’s shooting.
He wants to know who is responsible, partly, perhaps so that he will know if his own life is also in jeoprady. Rumors, but no clear answers.....and NO ONE in government is saying his name even though it has SUPPOSEDLY been leaked with NO FOUNDATION OR COOBORATION!!!!!

Whoever killed Babbitt is a good cop who was doing his job.

Protesters had invaded the capital - perhaps legally, perhaps righteously. But, in any case, the Capital Police had moved Congress into the inner portions of the Capital. Then comes a group of protesters, breaking the window, crawling through into the area where the Capital Police had their protectorates. I'd have plugged her right in the top of her head as she came through that window. The cop did his job.

Protesters had invaded the capital - perhaps legally, perhaps righteously. But, in any case, the Capital Police had moved Congress into the inner portions of the Capital. Then comes a group of protesters, breaking the window, crawling through into the area where the Capital Police had their protectorates. I'd have plugged her right in the top of her head as she came through that window. The cop did his job.
And if cops killed thousands of Antifa trying to burn down federal buildings and police buildings, which they have not, that would be justified?

And if cops killed thousands of Antifa trying to burn down federal buildings and police buildings, which they have not, that would be justified?
There were certainly cases where it would be justified. Looting, rioting, arson, all should have been stopped using whatever means necessary. Probably, though, shooting wouldn't have been necessary had they allowed the cops to do their jobs, especially in the very first (and would have been the last) riots.

Don't misunderstand my post as to indicate that I'm a leftist or anarchist. I'm far more conservative than you are, very likely at least as conservative as the most conservative here, possibly even being the most conservative here. But when those police who are charged with defending and protecting Congress see an invading force actually breaching not just the building but the protected zone where their protectorates were, they had no choice but to shoot and thank God they did it.

There are non provisions in our Constitution for updating, refreshing, replacing government through force. Peaceful protest, as called for by President Trump, was appropriate. Breaking through barriers was not.

We're learning now that the FBI had actual employed agents and non-employee but paid informants in literally every "right wing" attack in the past years; the FBI planned, armed, supplied, and helped bring the attacks to the point that the arrests could be made. These were not right-wing attacks but some right-wing idiots fell into the trap and paid the price. Blame the idiots. Blame the FBI. But don't blame the police who did their job and protected the Congress.

I want the cop executed for capitol murder (pun intended). Firing squad.
And had the protesters in the June riots invaded the Whitehouse (they nearly did) you wouldn't have wanted the Secret Police to shoot them?

In the Capital, they didn't shoot when the protesters or rioters broke into the Capital or entered through doors opened by Congress or the Capital Police; they just moved Congress into interior spaces, away from the incoming crowds. When the crowd invaded the interior protected zone, they fired.

In the Whitehouse, had the crowd breached the building, I would have wanted them shot immediately, probably even just for breaching the grounds. The equivalent to the Capital instance, though, would have been to allow the rioters to access the Whitehouse, get to the basement, and only shoot if they penetrated the bunker.

So, to be consistent, you'd have to say that the crowd in July could have invaded the Whitehouse without getting shot, right?

Arizona Republican Congressman Paul Gosar grilled beleaguered FBI director Christopher Wray Tuesday in a hearing, pressing Wray on why the name of the law enforcement officer who executed unarmed Capitol protester Ashli Babbitt has not been released to the public. Wray dodged Gosar’s pointed questions.

“Do you approve of lethal force against unarmed citizens, particularly a 110-pound woman with no warning, no use of non-lethal force prior, while lying in wait?” Gosar asked Wray. When Wray smugly replied “Not gonna try to answer a hypothetical, especially one based on a case that I just said I-” Gosar snapped back “That actually wasn’t a hypothetical, that’s actually what happened.”

Ashli Babbitt’s widowed husband appeared on Tucker Carlson Tonight on Monday night with an attorney to demand the name of the officer who shot and killed his wife.

NATIONAL FILE REPORTED IN APRIL: As the Department of Justice continues to hide the identity of the officer who shot and killed Ashli Babbitt, the Biden administration has arrested a journalist who recorded her murder.

Ashli Babbitt, the unarmed election integrity protestor and USAF veteran, was gunned down by a Capitol Police officer on January 6th, during the protests at the US Capitol in Washington DC. On Wednesday, the Department of Justice announced that they would not pursue charges against the officer responsible, claiming that there was “insufficient evidence” to determine whether her civil rights had been violated.

He wants to know who is responsible, partly, perhaps so that he will know if his own life is also in jeoprady. Rumors, but no clear answers.....and NO ONE in government is saying his name even though it has SUPPOSEDLY been leaked with NO FOUNDATION OR COOBORATION!!!!!
Lying in wait? That's priceless...not to mention ridiculous. Lying in wait is a special circumstance which leads to greater legal jeopardy for a person who faces a murder charge.

An example of lying in wait would be a person who hides under a dark stair well late at night while waiting for his intended murder victim to come home from work (as an example). And when the intended unsuspecting victim parks his or her car, and then walks up a poorly lit walkway while everyone else in an apartment complex is either asleep or getting ready for bed, the assailant comes out unseen from underneath a dark stairwell and shoots his intended victim a couple of times and then runs away.

Lying in wait? That's priceless...not to mention ridiculous. Lying in wait is a special circumstance which leads to greater legal jeopardy for a person who faces a murder charge.

An example of lying in wait would be a person who hides under a dark stair well late at night while waiting for his intended murder victim to come home from work (as an example). And when the intended unsuspecting victim parks his or her car, and then walks up a poorly lit walkway while everyone else in an apartment complex is either asleep or getting ready for bed, the assailant comes out unseen from underneath a dark stairwell and shoots his intended victim a couple of times and then runs away.

Are the Secret Service lying in wait when they're guarding the President?

Are the Secret Service lying in wait when they're guarding the President?
Of course not.

I'm just tired of all this rhetorical nonsense which seems to serve no other purpose then to unnecessarily inflame passions. It's like throwing gasoline on a fire.

People can certainly argue that the shooting of Babbitt was not necessary, but she was not some hapless victim like a tourist walking through the halls of Congress simply minding her own business. She was in the act of committing a crime, and the officer who shot her certainly wasn't like some guy hiding behind a large untrimmed set of bushes in front of a house with the porch light off who shoots his victim and then runs into the woods a short distance away.

That's not going to happen. However, I strongly suspect that the Capitol officer in question will genuinely have to fear for his life if and when his name is released because the RW media is almost certainly going to start a nonstop media campaign against him that will make the one currently going on to vilify Dr. Fauci look like a love fest in comparison. And everyone knows what the likely outcome of that will be.

They'll end up being a REAL life lying in wait murder as the officer will probably be gunned down unsuspectingly, and it will be a replay of what happened in 2009 when Bill O'Reilly repeatedly condemned Dr. Tiller who was eventually gunned down in Wichita, KS. O'Reilly repeatedly referred to the doctor as Dr. Tiller, the baby killer.

After Tiller's murder, O'Reilly offered the most pathetic defense I've ever heard in my life when he said that "he never called Dr. George Tiller a baby killer, as liberal groups charge, but was merely reporting what "some prolifers branded him."

What an asshole he was, and still is, I'm sure. It was his arrogance that led to his downfall at FOX. He simply thought he was too big and too important to ever have to worry about being held to account for all of the sexual harassment comments (and actions) he directed at female staff members. He found out different. Frankly, I never understood his popularity because he came off as such a sanctimonious blowhard on the air. I bet he was a real prick in real life, and he probably still is.

Last edited:
That's not going to happen. However, I strongly suspect that the Capitol officer in question will genuinely have to fear for his life if and when his name is released because the RW media is almost certainly going to start a nonstop media campaign against him that will make the one currently going on to vilify Dr. Fauci look like a love fest in comparison. And everyone knows what the likely outcome of that will be.

They'll end up being a REAL life lying in wait murder as the officer will probably be gunned down unsuspectingly, and it will be a replay of what happened in 2009 when Bill O'Reilly repeatedly condemned Dr. Tiller who was eventually gunned down in Wichita, KS. O'Reilly repeatedly referred to the doctors as Dr. Tiller, the baby killer.

After Tiller's murder, O'Reilly offered the most pathetic defense I've ever heard in my life when he said that "he never called Dr. George Tiller a baby killer, as liberal groups charge, but was merely reporting what "some prolifers branded him."

As the most conservative conservative on this forum, it just really irks me when others who claim to be conservative make me have to agree with, and like the posts of avowed Marxist/Leninists - oh, wait; I just caught your spelling. I'm a Lennonist - for the music, not the politics. And a Marxist, as well. Which was your favorite movie?

Gower himself is in it up to his neck for his own conduct. The dead person chose to smash her way into the chamber while Congress was carrying out its duties under the Constitution.

I saw in real time furniture being piled against the chamber doors and, as I described to the relative with whom I was on the phone at the time, guys in suits leaning on that furniture with guns drawn. They would shoot anyone who attempted to force their way in. This babbitt chose to do so. She chose to be there doing what she was doing. She got killed. So be it.

They'll end up being a REAL life lying in wait murder as the officer will probably be gunned down unsuspectingly, and it will be a replay of what happened in 2009 when Bill O'Reilly repeatedly condemned Dr. Tiller who was eventually gunned down in Wichita, KS. O'Reilly repeatedly referred to the doctors as Dr. Tiller, the baby killer.

As the most conservative conservative on this forum, it just really irks me when others who claim to be conservative make me have to agree with, and like the posts of avowed Marxist/Leninists - oh, wait; I just caught your spelling. I'm a Lennonist - for the music, not the politics. And a Marxist, as well. Which was your favorite movie?
It's hard to remember since I haven't seen any of the movies in such a long time. Maybe 'Horse Feathers' which featured the song, "Whatever it is, I'm against it."

But you are against that same approach when actual lifelong thugs are trying to murder police, only when people armed with flags approach one of your libber goofs.

But you are against that same approach when actual lifelong thugs are trying to murder police, only when people armed with flags approach one of your libber goofs.

Really? Have you ever seen me post a defense for rioters or Antifa? I'm almost always on the side of the police - whether it is Antifa breaking the law or so-called, self-proclaimed, conservatives.

When someone gets in a fight with a cop, they need to be shot dead, in every case. Cops are armed or assumed to be armed. Anyone getting into a physical altercation with the cops should be assumed to be after the cop's weapon and must, at all costs, be stopped.

On the other hand, the Supreme Court has, correctly, asserted that you have the right to fight against unlawful arrest - to the point of killing the officer if need be - see Plummer or John Bad Elk. All I can say is, you'd better be damn sure you're right, that you can prove you're right, and that you can win the fight.

One more point; between you and I, it is only you who are taking a double standard in police defending themselves and doing their job. You have one stance against Antifa and another against threats by so-called conservatives. I, on the other hand, take the same stance on both.

Forum List

Back