Congressman Mondaire Jones Trailing in District Biden Carried by Ten Points

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
The newly redrawn 17th Congressional District in New York is a district Biden would have carried by ten points. It covers much of Westchester County and the lower Hudson Valley. Mondaire Jones' internal polling shows him trailing in the general election. If the environment has gotten so bad for Democrats that they are in danger of losing D+10 seats then November is going to be a massacre.

Equally concerning, perhaps, was Jones’s reaction. The freshman member of Congress told allies that he wasn’t necessarily concerned about losing a primary to Maloney, as Jones is popular in the district with primary voters and would have had the full support of the party’s progressive wing. But his polling, he told multiple people late in the week, showed him narrowly trailing in the general election in what is shaping up to be a brutal election year. “That’s his concern, but we’re screwed if we lose Biden plus-10 seats,” said one Democratic member of Congress who spoke to Jones.

But how is he polling among the identity group whose incredibly enthusiastic support for Biden propelled him to victory?

Without knowing how he polls among Departed-Americans, how can anybody know his true chances for victory?

1653187772425.png

If the environment has gotten so bad for Democrats that they are in danger of losing D+10 seats then November is going to be a massacre.
I cannot imagine why any but the most diehard partisans would vote Democrat this year. The tribalism has become vicious and dangerous for the nation but even voters who normally favor Democrats, are suffering real pain now and the rhetoric coming from the MSM isn't likely to get the job done this time.

I sincerely hope that the party leadership resorts to the old-fashioned response of accepting the thrashing, analyzing why it occurred, and implementing positive changes that would benefit all of us. The alternative that is possible, and that I fear, is that Biden, Pelosi, Warren, Schumer, et.al. will make accusations that their voters had their vote illegally suppressed and therefore the election is illegitimate.

I think you are going to see a rejection of a lot of radical black caucus congress critters in a lot of mostly white blue-burb areas both in the primaries and general.....Same with state elections. Everyone is tired of their shit.

I don't think those dried-up, vile, and mean-spirited white women dems are going to fare much better. I see a huge shift against radical dems building-up.

Forum List

Back