Congress cuts deal on $13.6 billion for Ukraine aid in funding bill

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
I'm slowly moving closer to becoming an anarchist. We have people in this country working two, sometimes three jobs, doing side hustles, anything else they can to get by and these elitists in D.C. just dip their hands into the pot and ship the money we worked for and they forcibly confiscated via taxation off to fund someone else's war. Pretty sure I haven't seen that anywhere in the Constitution.

This is the kind of stuff that should be infuriating Americans across the board and yet, crickets from the public. God forbid, though, someone doesn't stand for a song or mistreats a piece of fabric or kneels during a football game.

Correct. When politicians say "the deficit is high" what they mean is we don't want to spend money on the poor or minorities.

As you just pointed out, when white people in some place over in Europe are in trouble, suddenly within 2 weeks we have $14 billion to send to them no problem.

HMMM go figure.

I'm slowly moving closer to becoming an anarchist. We have people in this country working two, sometimes three jobs, doing side hustles, anything else they can to get by and these elitists in D.C. just dip their hands into the pot and ship the money we worked for and they forcibly confiscated via taxation off to fund someone else's war. Pretty sure I haven't seen that anywhere in the Constitution.
Glad to see you are beginning to notice that.

This is the kind of stuff that should be infuriating Americans across the board

Congress cuts deal on $13.6 billion for Ukraine aid in funding bill​

If memory serves, that is just about the same amount of money the democrats told Trump they just never could afford to build the wall! And now Nancy is going to just GIVE IT AWAY to a little country on the other side of the world that for all intents and purposes, really does not concern us.

BUT THIS INVOLVES LIVES!--- the democrats will tell you! So do the millions of lives of dead children and raped women, not to mention everything else pouring over our border due to drug cartels and illegal trafficking.

It's mind boggling how in 1 year the government seems more worried about other than countries than it is its own country.

They are obsessed with always supporting the wrong people. It's always trannies and gays over straight people, blacks over whites, illegals over citizens, Ukraine over America, restrictions over freedom, the few over the majority, hate for America over love of America, the weak over the strong, the dumb over the smart, and so on.

Conservatives used to adore Churchill and say if they were around in 1938 they would have stood up to Hitler with Churchill.

WRONG.

If this were 1938 and the same cast of characters were in place many conservatives would be agreeing with Neville Chamberlain.

As I said I am opposed to boots on the ground in the Ukraine. I do however wholeheartedly support the Russian sanctions and arming and aiding the Ukraine freedom forces.

If you think that if we bend over for Putin and do nothing that he will stop at the Ukraine, you are sadly mistaken. Putin has already indicated he wants to reconstitute the Soviet Empire and that means Eastern Europe and the Baltic nations are next.

Last edited:
Conservatives used to adore Churchill and say if they were around in 1938 they would have stood up to Hitler with Churchill.

WRONG.

If this were 1938 and the same cast of characters were in place many conservatives would be agreeing with Neville Chamberlain.

As I said I am opposed to boots on the ground in the Ukraine. I do however wholeheartedly support the Russian sanctions and arming and aiding the Ukraine freedom forces.

If you think that if we bend over for Putin and do nothing that he will stop at the Ukraine, you are sadly mistaken. Putin has already indicated he wants to reconstitute the Soviet Empire and that means Eastern Europe and the Baltic nations are next.

There are 44 countries in Europe. They can provide aid and arm Ukraine. It's their continent. Let them deal with their own mess. This has NOTHING to do with American security and everything to do with the political class protecting their overseas investments.

There are 44 countries in Europe. They can provide aid and arm Ukraine. It's their continent. Let them deal with their own mess. This has NOTHING to do with American security and everything to do with the political class protecting their overseas investments.
I might agree with you, except that a wider war in Europe would draw us in. It would be inevitable. Authoritarians like Putin only understand strength. If he smells weakness he will only grow more bold. As I said the US and NATO should not get directly militarily involved. That is why I support aid to the Ukraine now. Aid now may avoid a wider conflict later.

You sound just like Charles Lindbergh. And just as stupid.

lindbergh-america-first.jpg

Was it paid for? If not it shouldn't have passed.
When Trump approved the sale on anti-armor weapons to Ukraine like very expensive Barret .50 caliber sniper rifles and Ratheon Javelin anti-tank missiles, they were sold to Ukraine, not given to Ukraine. Ukraine had to pay for them, not the American taxpayers.

Last edited:
Correct. When politicians say "the deficit is high" what they mean is we don't want to spend money on the poor or minorities.

As you just pointed out, when white people in some place over in Europe are in trouble, suddenly within 2 weeks we have $14 billion to send to them no problem.

HMMM go figure.
Are you under the impression that the US doesnt spend 10 times more on minority nations? Do you know how much money we send to Africa every year? :cuckoo:

I might agree with you, except that a wider war in Europe would draw us in. It would be inevitable. Authoritarians like Putin only understand strength. If he smells weakness he will only grow more bold. As I said the US and NATO should not get directly militarily involved. That is why I support aid to the Ukraine now. Aid now may avoid a wider conflict later.

Russia is struggling to take Ukraine, which is one country and nowhere near the cream of the crop when it comes to its military on the world stage. There is no reason to believe the EU and non-EU European countries working together couldn't best the Russians without our help.

Russia is struggling to take Ukraine, which is one country and nowhere near the cream of the crop when it comes to its military on the world stage. There is no reason to believe the EU and non-EU European countries working together couldn't best the Russians without our help.
There is not a single word you write that I disagree with. However, the US does have treaty obligations not to mention tens of thousands of soldiers already stationed in Europe. So, a Russian attack on Western Europe will involve us. I don't think Putin is that deranged though rationality has been in short supply with the Russians lately.

When Trump approved the sale on anti-armor weapons to Ukraine like very expensive Barret .50 caliber sniper rifles and Ratheon Javelin anti-tank missiles, they were sold to Ukraine, not given to Ukraine. Ukraine had to pay for them, not the American taxpayers.

Maybe so but he still got us into $8 trillion in new debt.

Forum List

Back