Congress approval rating is 14%, Trump is 35%....Trump is 2 1/2 times more popular than CONGRESS...

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
...yet congress has a 94% REELECTION rate...

How does one explain Congress having a 14% approval rating, but a 94% reelection rate?

About 947,000 results (0.70 seconds)

Search Results

upload_2017-12-22_10-8-24.jpeg
(The most recent Gallup numbers from 2014 show 54% of Americans approved of their own representative in Congress, even though Congress overall had just a 14% approval rating.) The Quinnipiac University poll of 1,125 registered voters was conducted from July 27 to August 1.Aug 3, 2017
Even Republicans don't like Congress anymore - CNNPolitics
www.cnn.com/2017/08/03/politics/republicans-congress-approval-drops/index.html

Feedback
About this result
RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Congressional Job Approval
RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Congressional Job Approval.
Congress and the Public | Gallup Historical Trends - Gallup News
news.gallup.com/poll/1600/congress-public.aspx
Do you approve or disapprove of the way [ROTATED -- The Republicans in Congress/The Democrats inCongress] are handling their job? Do you approve or disapprove of the way Congress is handling its job?
Congress | Gallup Topic - Gallup News
news.gallup.com/topic/congress.aspx
President Trump's budget proposal calls for trillions of dollars in government cuts, but Americans' real priority is for Congress first to fix the way it… operates and then to debate government funding. Politics. May 10, 2017. Americans' Approval of Congress Unchanged in May · Politics. Apr 26, 2017. Less Than a Third Have ...
Congress Approval Rating Hits Lowest Point of Trump Era - Newsweek
www.newsweek.com/congress-approval-rating-hits-lowest-point-trump-era-664144
Sep 13, 2017 - Historically, parties that control Congress tend to get popularity boosts from their supporters. This hasn't been the case for Republicans, who have an approval rating of 18 percent, according to Gallup.
Aug 3, 2017 - (The most recent Gallup numbers from 2014 show 54% of Americans approved of their own representative in Congress, even though Congress overall had just a 14% approval rating.) The Quinnipiac University poll of 1,125 registered voters was conducted from July 27 to August 1.
Congressional Performance - Rasmussen Reports™
www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/.../congressional_performance
Nov 30, 2017 - The Republican-led Congress earns its lowest job approval marks this year, perhaps in part because of its failure to pass any major legislation. Most voters are .... For those who are really into the numbers, Platinum Members can review demographic crosstabs and a full history of our data. To learn more ...
Dems' approval is as bad as Trump's; Congressional GOP's even ...
abcnews.go.com/Politics/dems-approval-bad-trumps-congressional-gops.../story?id...
Sep 25, 2017 - Republicans in Congress have managed approval ratings lower than their current 22 percent just three times previously -- in late 2011, early 2012 and late 2014 -- in 40 ABC/Post polls to ask the question dating back 23 years. The GOP also is well below its average approval rating, 31 percent, in the same ...
Congress Job Approval - Polls - HuffPost Pollster
Polls and chart for Congress Job Approval. See the latest estimates and poll results at HuffPost Pollster.
Gallup: Congress Approval Rating is 13% - CNS News
https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/michael.../gallup-congress-approval-rating-13
Nov 2, 2017 - This was down from 16% approval in September 2017. Approval was at 28% in February of this year, after the new administration and new Congress started. (Screenshot YouTube). Even along political lines, the numbers were low. Only 18% of Republican Americans said they approved ofCongress' job ...
Congress' approval rating drops to 11 percent - CBS News
Congress' approval rating drops to 11 percent
Nov 11, 2015 - The latest rating is just above the all-time low Gallup recorded after the 2013 government shutdown.

Last edited:
I notice that MSM don't point out this fact. Trump is unpopular because his (and the Democratic opposition) government is unpopular. Why do they think he won in the first place?

Trump is extremely popular with GOP voters, which is a huge deal for his chances of re-election.

It's funny the media obsess about Trump's 35%, but really not much about Pelosi/Schumer/McConnell and Ryan and their pals at 14%.

Seriously, can anyone explain how Congress has a 14% approval rating, but a 94% reelection rate?

...yet congress has a 94% REELECTION rate...

How does one explain Congress having a 14% approval rating, but a 94% reelection rate?

About 947,000 results (0.70 seconds)

Search Results

View attachment 167472
(The most recent Gallup numbers from 2014 show 54% of Americans approved of their own representative in Congress, even though Congress overall had just a 14% approval rating.) The Quinnipiac University poll of 1,125 registered voters was conducted from July 27 to August 1.Aug 3, 2017

Feedback
About this result
RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Congressional Job Approval.
Congress and the Public | Gallup Historical Trends - Gallup News
news.gallup.com/poll/1600/congress-public.aspx
Do you approve or disapprove of the way [ROTATED -- The Republicans in Congress/The Democrats inCongress] are handling their job? Do you approve or disapprove of the way Congress is handling its job?
Congress | Gallup Topic - Gallup News
news.gallup.com/topic/congress.aspx
President Trump's budget proposal calls for trillions of dollars in government cuts, but Americans' real priority is for Congress first to fix the way it… operates and then to debate government funding. Politics. May 10, 2017. Americans' Approval of Congress Unchanged in May · Politics. Apr 26, 2017. Less Than a Third Have ...
Congress Approval Rating Hits Lowest Point of Trump Era - Newsweek
www.newsweek.com/congress-approval-rating-hits-lowest-point-trump-era-664144
Sep 13, 2017 - Historically, parties that control Congress tend to get popularity boosts from their supporters. This hasn't been the case for Republicans, who have an approval rating of 18 percent, according to Gallup.
Aug 3, 2017 - (The most recent Gallup numbers from 2014 show 54% of Americans approved of their own representative in Congress, even though Congress overall had just a 14% approval rating.) The Quinnipiac University poll of 1,125 registered voters was conducted from July 27 to August 1.
Congressional Performance - Rasmussen Reports™
www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/.../congressional_performance
Nov 30, 2017 - The Republican-led Congress earns its lowest job approval marks this year, perhaps in part because of its failure to pass any major legislation. Most voters are .... For those who are really into the numbers, Platinum Members can review demographic crosstabs and a full history of our data. To learn more ...
Dems' approval is as bad as Trump's; Congressional GOP's even ...
abcnews.go.com/Politics/dems-approval-bad-trumps-congressional-gops.../story?id...
Sep 25, 2017 - Republicans in Congress have managed approval ratings lower than their current 22 percent just three times previously -- in late 2011, early 2012 and late 2014 -- in 40 ABC/Post polls to ask the question dating back 23 years. The GOP also is well below its average approval rating, 31 percent, in the same ...
Polls and chart for Congress Job Approval. See the latest estimates and poll results at HuffPost Pollster.
Gallup: Congress Approval Rating is 13% - CNS News
https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/michael.../gallup-congress-approval-rating-13
Nov 2, 2017 - This was down from 16% approval in September 2017. Approval was at 28% in February of this year, after the new administration and new Congress started. (Screenshot YouTube). Even along political lines, the numbers were low. Only 18% of Republican Americans said they approved ofCongress' job ...
Congress' approval rating drops to 11 percent - CBS News
Congress' approval rating drops to 11 percent
Nov 11, 2015 - The latest rating is just above the all-time low Gallup recorded after the 2013 government shutdown.

People rating Congress as a whole is a BULLSHIT metric. Congress consists of each persons own representatives PLUS everyone else's representatives. I have 2 senators representing me, but the Senate has another 98 senators that don't represent me, so of course I rate the senate as a whole very poorly.

The same principal applies to the House of Representatives. I have 1 representative, but there are 434 that don't represent me.

The metric that would count is if people rated their own representatives only. I rate my 3 representatives very highly. You would probably rate them very poorly, but they're not your representatives.

On the other hand, the President represents us all (supposedly), so we all get a say in his rating.

I notice that MSM don't point out this fact. Trump is unpopular because his (and the Democratic opposition) government is unpopular. Why do they think he won in the first place?

Trump is extremely popular with GOP voters, which is a huge deal for his chances of re-election.

You'd better hope that the Dems nominate someone considerably worse than Clinton or Trump will be toast in 2020.

Hell, I doubt he'll make it much past 2018.

Darn and I thought I made detailed posts, hah. I will be through all this data in time for Christmas :)

Darn and I thought I made detailed posts, hah. I will be through all this data in time for Christmas :)

Liberals hate facts. If they post some stupid shit,you post the facts, and the conversation ends. They are strictly emotional, like a postpartum woman. When you show them facts, they just shut down and then maybe personally attack you.

THEY CANNOT DEBATE ON FACTS.

Congress DOES NOT always have bad approval ratings, historically.

Congress is at 14%, Trump is at 35%.

Those are facts.

It's funny the media obsess about Trump's 35%, but really not much about Pelosi/Schumer/McConnell and Ryan and their pals at 14%.

Seriously, can anyone explain how Congress has a 14% approval rating, but a 94% reelection rate?
Congress is a joke!!! All they care about is re-election not governing. Not all of that 95% is gerrymandering, but most of it is. They go there and do nothing, they never stick thier neck out on a vote. We have been in how many wars in the past 30,40,50 years. Yet no war was ever declared, just policing actions! Why, because congress does not have the balls to do it's job and declare war. Never actually pass anything and you can not be held accountable for the failures. Send those fucks home and save the salaries!

To hell with Congress. Trump has a pen and a phone. Isn't that what Dem-Bots boasted about the previous 8yrs? I'm truly rootin for Trump to kick some Swamp Creature ass. But it won't be easy. I'll continue to pray for the man.

Democrat government?

God you delusional righties just bend . Congress has been gop controlled for YEARS! The gop sucks and that’s why people hate congress . They’ve done nothing for years .

To hell with Congress. Trump has a pen and a phone. Isn't that what Dem-Bots boasted about the previous 8yrs? I'm truly rootin for Trump to kick some Swamp Creature ass. But it won't be easy. I'll continue to pray for the man.

the economy is going to CRUSH it in 2018, and the Dems are fucked.

The SNOWFLAKE/PROG/LIBERAL concern was NEVER that Trump's policies would fail...it's that they would succeed.

Democrat government?

God you delusional righties just bend . Congress has been gop controlled for YEARS! The gop sucks and that’s why people hate congress . They’ve done nothing for years .
geezus timmy the democrats sure stuck a flag in your ass.....

Democrat government?

Sorry if I live in reality .

“People hate congress because of the democratic minority ...”. That’s so fucking stupid .

Democrat government?

“People hate congress because of the democratic minority ...”. That’s so fucking stupid .
We hate congress because they do not do their fucking jobs.

Democrat government?

timmy,if you think only republicans suck and the democrats are just so wonderful,that makes you part of the problem....congress has had shitty ratings far longer than fucking trump....now thats reality....

Forum List

Back