Condiments

Tarter sauce packets tend to be larger too. It is probably because they need a minimum weight to mass produce the packets and run them through machinery efficiently. Tarter sauce and mayo have a lot of air whipped into them so the packets would be lighter than the other condiments by volume. That is my guess as to why this tends to happen.

No, weight is irrelevant to the machinery. These packets are a strip of foil held in machinery and filled. The size of the packet is determined by two things: need and cost. Mayonnaise is used up faster when you spread it around taking more to get a taste, plus more importantly the fact that the packets are sold by unit cost. Each probably represents 1¢ worth of condiment fill or whatever so they know what to charge retailers who buy the stuff.

Last edited:
Tarter sauce packets tend to be larger too. It is probably because they need a minimum weight to mass produce the packets and run them through machinery efficiently. Tarter sauce and mayo have a lot of air whipped into them so the packets would be lighter than the other condiments by volume. That is my guess as to why this tends to happen.
That's a good point....

My sister works at a mass-produced food factory. She says the ability to machine a product at scale has been their biggest bane over the years. They will come up with brilliant new recipes that test off the charts that they should be able to produce in large quantities, but when they go to do it, the product just does not play well with the big machinery. She is on the "team" that tries to sort this out from time to time. Sometimes they are successful and often times they are not. They offer big bonuses to employees who can figure out how to make some of the items machinable they see so much market potential in the product. I joked with her that they should start making pot brownie dough and she said the only reason they don't do brownies of any type is because they just cannot figure out how to get their cookie dough machinery to produce raw brownie dough. The brownie dough just gums up/clogs up everything and the end product is a disaster. They would have to expand the building and add a whole new line of brownie-specific machinery to make it happen.
Gobs of federal and state inspections at a food factory, more than handling nuclear weapons.

She says it is not too bad as far as Uncle Sam. The big thing for them is whichever group that goes around and does the Kosher approval for their products. Said they are like Nazis. They do not make food marketed as kosher but the corporate board room likes their products to be as politically correct as possible. The other thing is that they are transitioning to certified organic everything they can and that can cause issues itself as machines fine tuned to run off the product of one supplier may not play well with the same product from another supplier.

I get mine at the yellow and red condiments matters store.

condimints1.jpg

I was Navy so the Army never gave out the "salt pills". according to you. How did you keep awake day and night in a Combat Zone?
I take it that reading comprehension isn't your strong point.
I stated that our Army medics handed out buku (a lot) of salt tablets to us.
As to your question:, Didn't need any pep pills, because adrenaline will keep you awake night and day for a long time. ... :cool:

Last edited:
I was Navy so the Army never gave out the "salt pills". according to you. How did you keep awake day and night in a Combat Zone?
I take it that reading comprehension isn't your strong point.
I stated that our Army medics handed out buku (a lot) of salt tablets to us.
As to your question:, Didn't need any pep pills, because adrenaline will keep you awake night and day for a ling time. ... :cool:
[/QU
What's wrong with my hat I told the XO, XO said you came in my office with your hat cocked at me. I said intentional.

Forum List

Back