Compulsory National Service. Would You Serve?

I don't think that I have the kind of intellect that I would be able to do stuff serving the government, but if I did then I would say give me liberty or give me death because there's no way I want to do anything like that underneath the current one that we have.

The US has learned we are very good at battles. Rarely have we met adversaries that can match us.
What we have found is the difficult part is occupying territory where you are not welcome. Over time, we grow tired of the attrition, the public grows tired and we withdraw
No Navy or Air-force has shown the capabilities of the US
Our Navy is especially short staffed...the sailors aren't getting rotated stateside on a regular basis. Boats and fleets are extremely expensive but the problem currently is that we are having issues with staffing what we currently have.

Any protracted conflict will deplete what troops we have and those capable of training recruits. Which is why I'm even mentioning this.
Currently the Navy offers the most $$ in incentives and signing bonuses....because the deployments out at sea are 9 months or longer anymore. Not the 3 months promised. 12-16 hr shifts on board aren't such an issue because there's not much else to do while out at sea. And the work isn't extremely physically demanding. Stressful at times but that's military life in general. Each missile runs like half to a full million dollars each....but that's not the whole of what the Navy does.

I'm just saying that if we end up in a protracted war or conflict of some sort on two fronts...we will see the draft re-instituted and military service being compulsory. And the Navy does have a brig aboard every ship. Even submarines.

I don't think that I have the kind of intellect that I would be able to do stuff serving the government, but if I did then I would say give me liberty or give me death because there's no way I want to do anything like that underneath the current one that we have.
You are also a girl. Women currently don't have to serve in a draft type situation.

However, if the Government decides to extend equal rights to women of draft age...you can be conscripted to a job of janitorial services or working at a plant making howitzer shells (pushing buttons) or putting together "new hire" packets....lots of jobs that are non-combat related.

You are also a girl. Women currently don't have to serve in a draft type situation.

However, if the Government decides to extend equal rights to women of draft age..

I think that I'm WAY past the drafting age lol as I'm about to be 34 next month. Isn't it like 21 or something?

I think that I'm WAY past the drafting age lol as I'm about to be 34 next month. Isn't it like 21 or something?
Nope....up to 60's before they stop. Used to be 50's....but then they upped Social Security to 62.5. There's that little clause in the constitution called "equal protection" that means that they can conscript anyone up to retirement age.

Our Navy is especially short staffed...the sailors aren't getting rotated stateside on a regular basis. Boats and fleets are extremely expensive but the problem currently is that we are having issues with staffing what we currently have.

Any protracted conflict will deplete what troops we have and those capable of training recruits. Which is why I'm even mentioning this.
Currently the Navy offers the most $$ in incentives and signing bonuses....because the deployments out at sea are 9 months or longer anymore. Not the 3 months promised. 12-16 hr shifts on board aren't such an issue because there's not much else to do while out at sea. And the work isn't extremely physically demanding. Stressful at times but that's military life in general. Each missile runs like half to a full million dollars each....but that's not the whole of what the Navy does.

I'm just saying that if we end up in a protracted war or conflict of some sort on two fronts...we will see the draft re-instituted and military service being compulsory. And the Navy does have a brig aboard every ship. Even submarines.
OK
Name a Navy that is even close to ours in capabilities

Nope....up to 60's before they stop. Used to be 50's....but then they upped Social Security to 62.5. There's that little clause in the constitution called "equal protection" that means that they can conscript anyone up to retirement age.

Well, it would also have to be jobs that I could handle then.

OK
Say for example we end up in two conventional wars....one with China defending Taiwan and another off the African coast dealing with Iran.

Both of these are extremely dependent upon Naval assets AND personnel.
Yes these fleets are capable but only with the people on board the boats.

You can't fly the troops into both conflict zones...you have to ship them in by boat to get the numbers and equipment they require. Flights are horribly expensive and subject to all sorts of dangers while moving smaller numbers into the theater. And it doesn't move enough equipment either. That's why we have a navy....to move men and equipment en masse.

However....terms and conditions can be changed by POLITICIANS....a label synonymous with corruption, liar, cheater....

There's no telling what will happen in the future. Especially with the current state of affairs in DC. They would rather kill thousands of soldiers just to prove the other party wrong rather than save lives and find a solution of compromise in some way.

OK
It can be a matter of missiles that travel fast and hit the ships. There are defenses. Are they enough? They are not expensive for foreign governments to design and build as compared to what we do. Hell, we do not know where many trillions of dollars went over some years in defense alone.

It can be a matter of missiles that travel fast and hit the ships. There are defenses. Are they enough? They are not expensive for foreign governments to design and build as compared to what we do. Hell, we do not know where many trillions of dollars went over some years in defense alone.
Yeah....we could lose battleships, carriers, submarines....and need to replace them as well as their crews.

Which is why I'm mentioning Draft, compulsory service, and etc....it can easily get to that. Russia already has been drafting a LOT of people already. More on the way if they win Ukraine. They love enslaving Ukrainians into their military.

Forum List

Back