Completely Reckless, Completely Irresponsible

If it's not meaningful reform then why they hell are they passing it?

If it's just a giveaway to the insurance companies then why the hell are they passing it?

Because the U.S. Senate is controlled by corporate lobbyists.

This isn't true. The US Congress is controlled by just two idiots - Pelosi and Reid. They in turn are controlled by their "Master" who is a clown named Obama.

No, the lobbyists control the Senate.

That is why the only leadership on reform is coming from the Democrats in the House.

Because the U.S. Senate is controlled by corporate lobbyists.

This isn't true. The US Congress is controlled by just two idiots - Pelosi and Reid. They in turn are controlled by their "Master" who is a clown named Obama.

That is why the only leadership on reform is coming from the Democrats in the House.

You call voting for a Bill on Monday that isn't even written yet on Friday leadership? Oh hell I need to be a Senator. They would all bow in wonder at my leadership abilities.

You call voting for a Bill on Monday that isn't even written yet on Friday leadership? Oh hell I need to be a Senator. They would all bow in wonder at my leadership abilities.

No, I call voting for a public option leadership.

I call what the Republicans are doing, destructive to America.

Republicans have nothing to do with it. It's all on the democrats.....They rule the earth, ask them.

Republicans have nothing to do with it. It's all on the democrats.....They rule the earth, ask them.

No, they need to use reconciliation and pass a public option.

Senator Mitch McConnell - Press Releases

Thursday, December 17, 2009

‘And here’s the most outrageous part: at the end of this rush, they want us to vote on a bill that no one outside the Majority Leader’s conference room has even seen. That’s right. The final bill we’ll vote on isn’t even the one we’ve had on the floor. It’s the deal Democrat leaders have been trying to work out in private’

WASHINGTON, D.C. - U.S. Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell made the following remarks on the Senate floor Thursday regarding the importance of getting it right on health care reform:

“Senators on both sides acknowledge that the health care bill we’re considering is among the most significant pieces of legislation any of us will ever consider.

“So it stands to reason that we’d devote significant time and attention to it.

“Indeed, some would argue that we should spend more time and attention on this bill than most — if not every — previous bill we’ve considered.

“The Majority disagrees.

“Why? Because this bill has become a political nightmare for them.

How do we know if the bill they're voting on is the same one they were discussing behind the closed door? Only way to find out is to read it at the Senate floor.

Democrats are cutting all kind of deals in between themselves, while excluding Republicans from any debate, and then complain how Republicans won’t vote on it. They could pass anything without a single Republican vote and yet, they still blame Republicans for failure on passing it. Did ever occur to anyone that Democrats are those who are stripping provisions in the bill just to please each other, which is by the way, an impossible mission.

And at the end, all they come up with is a mandate to buy insurance while increasing taxes, increasing deficit, not covering all Americans, stealing money from the Medicare. Is that the best they could do?

This bill is proposed, designed and negotiated without any Republican input so its normal that there wont be any Republican support for it. Democrats knows that, but they still blame Republicans for not passing it, even they don’t need their votes. It was Democrats like Nelson and Lieberman who are demanding certain provisions to be removed from the bill, not Republicans. But hey, whatever bad is happening, liberals claim “it’s all Republican fault”. Is it? Even liberal dirtbags from AP are telling otherwise…

It's now Democrat vs. Democrat on health care

From the article:

SEIU president Andy Stern scolded Obama, saying the president should remember his campaign promise to bring change to America.

Should president remember all the promises he gave? Nah, just those given to unions and special interests. Right?

Schools projects, foreign language classes, Job Corp and other training programs, medical research, community centers and parks, research of lobster and fisheries, our food source, performing art and theater, and a host of other projects are not pork. Most of this spending will put people back to work, benefit the less fortunate, small town America and not the elite. Not an old senile SOBs (McCain) who never worked a day in his life. Got by riding on the back of his father and wife. He have absolutely no credentials or authority to decide what is pork and what is not. Never did anything productive in his miserable elite life. Not at school are war
McCain. Being stupid make him a hero.

Not sure where you are going with this strange rant...but I can tell you this. As it relates to the Healthcare industry in the way of employee benefits and jobs. So far on the manufacturing and distribution side of things they have seen 2 rounds of layoffs...starting with temp agency help (which they supported enormously every year...with a temp to hire program). Then graduating to include non customer service related jobs and management. Further layoffs could come down the road. Employer participation in 401K's has also been cut back from 5% to 3% (with the possibility of declining even further in the future) as well as other insurance related employee benefits. Employee overtime and hiring freezes are also now in place. All of this in anticipation of the Healthcare reform to come...which will cost them millions.

As it relates to charitable organizations. The Healthcare industry in my state spends hundreds of thousands every year funding programs such as The United Way and The Roadrunner Food Bank (to name two) with employee fund raising,donations,volunteering and a 100% company match policy. This is also in decline due to the cut backs and layoffs the employees are seeing right now. Not sure how small town America is benefitting in this exactly....but then I don't exactly understand what the heck you are talking about either.

Edited to add..the company I work for not only employs folks nationwide, but also overseas. They are one of the three largest maufacturing/distributing Co's in the nation.

Last edited:
This Bill which we have not yet seen is obviously another Bill that we the people are not meant to see. It is another attack against us. I heard something about a new Political group I think I'm going to look into.

GOOOH

Get Out Of Our House.

Sounds like a winner........I refuse to vote for anyone who has voted for any bill that was not read and understood first. I don't believe that is too much to ask.

No, they need to use reconciliation and pass a public option.

How can you lay all of the horse hockey on the Republicans? The Democrats control both houses of Congress. If a single Republican never voted for any of this, the Democrats could still pass anything they wanted to pass. Try to remember some of the stuff from your high school civics classes. The Democrats are responsible for all of this mess. Folks like you who try to pass this nonsense on to others crack me up. It's all just typical liberal chit chat and not worth the paper it's written on.

The Republicans, the Blue Dog Democrats, and their corporate masters have killed any meaningful reform.

The bill will end up being a giveaway to the insurance companies.

The right are complete idiots.

Criss--Republicans didn't write this bill--democrats did. We don't even know what it consists of. We know nothing about this bill because it was done behind closed doors--& hasn't even been debated on the floor.

If Howard Dean is stating to scrap this bill--because it is just a give-a-way to insurance companies--remember--it's the people you voted for who did it.

The Republicans, the Blue Dog Democrats, and their corporate masters have killed any meaningful reform.

Criss--Republicans didn't write this bill--democrats did. We don't even know what it consists of. We know nothing about this bill because it was done behind closed doors--& hasn't even been debated on the floor.

If Howard Dean is stating to scrap this bill--because it is just a give-a-way to insurance companies--remember--it's the people you voted for who did it.

PUBLIC NOTICE!

Please refrain from pestering Chrissy with actual facts when he's on one of his frequent irrational factually challenged hyperbole-ridden overly partisan rants!

No, I didn't vote for Joe Lieberman or Senator Nelson.

PUBLIC NOTICE!

Please refrain from pestering Chrissy with actual facts when he's on one of his frequent irrational factually challenged hyperbole-ridden overly partisan rants!

You just described yourself.

PUBLIC NOTICE!

You just described yourself.

A classic Chrissy hissy fitty lame-ass "comeback." There was no underlying truth to Chrissy's lowly effort, of course; but, then, truth is never one of Chrissy's concerns!

‘And here’s the most outrageous part: at the end of this rush, they want us to vote on a bill that no one outside the Majority Leader’s conference room has even seen. That’s right. The final bill we’ll vote on isn’t even the one we’ve had on the floor. It’s the deal Democrat leaders have been trying to work out in private’

That's how the Politburo rolls

That's how the Politburo rolls

You say that like there's something wrong with being required to "vote on [on a bill that] isn’t even the one we’ve had on the floor."

Pfft. Reading the contents of a piece of proposed legislation before voting on it is so early 2009.

Forum List

Back