Completed my first very small project in Python. Feels good.

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Nothing to brag about, but I share with the other nerds on here. Just a very simple mini race game, something a new coder would try, but I'm happy with my progress. I was going to try something more ambitious, but since I've done so many coding problems online, I didn't want to be bogged down with something too challenging/time consuming, preferring to juggle new information learning with new "doing", even if minor so I won't get discouraged.

This was less than 200 lines and it was a "structured" project, meaning, I could work through the coding and get hints and ideas to solve them. I used google alot, Stack Overflow and other resources to find answers and had the synapse working by first trying to solve it myself based on theory I had seen. Others had already posted (common syntax errors etc) online so it was never a unique problem that only I experienced.

Been consuming python courses constantly. It's just my nature to absorb something almost compulsively once I get interested in a subject. Completed some free course online in record time, watched probably 150 youtube videos, read through and/or skimmed through maybe a dozen books.

Used Atom, Eclipse and Pycharm IDE's to try a broad array of programs with 3.6. Probably going to explore Machine Learning more in depth (been on the peripheral so far) and also data science, since I've had a small taste of SQL and a reasonable understanding of server/storage hardware.

Anyone have recommendations on best steps to get into Machine Learning? Courses, (preferably free), or books? I know it's a niche area, but I've already thought of a couple of angles I haven't seen covered in anything I've read. Probably because it's not possible, hah.
I have Tensor FLow library installed, but don't know how to really maximize its use.

Thanks for your time and any advise. Cheers.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back