Companies Who Donated to Co-Sponsors of Texas Abortion Bill Revealed

In a statement to Insider, Union Pacific said it "has a history of giving to political candidates on both sides of the aisle in compliance with national and state rules."

This is likely true. As long as we allow companies to give this kind of money they are going to do so.
“Allow”?

I left AT&T a couple years ago after being with them since the 90s.

They didn't cover a rural area I own a vacation house. I can't risk needing to call 9-11 on a system that doesn't give me service there. I spent years asking them to put a tower in that area so people could have service but they didn't do it. So after years of asking I gave up and changed carriers.

My cable and internet are with Comcast. I'm on a contract until next spring. When it expires I will get my internet from another company. I have choices here so I'm going to exercise those choices. I have never liked Comcast anyway.

The only other one on that list I do business with is Chevron. I'm not going to change the gas I use. If you've ever had clogged fuel injectors you will know why I changed to Chevron gas and won't stop using that gas.

I've never been to a chick fil a either. I've never shopped at walmart or hobby lobby and some other businesses. I've never eaten Goya products, in fact had never heard of them until trump illegally promoted them last year. I've never been to a CVS pharmacy either. We have a ton of different pharmacies here. I usually go to either Costco or Bartells.

I think that people should start using the power of our dollars to get companies to stop financially supporting politicians who so flagrantly take rights away from Americans.

What you "think" really isn't worth shit.

I never went to Chick-Fil-A or bought Goya before you fuckers went postal.

Now, I regularly buy from both.

There's your power of the dollar and why they don't give a shit what you say.

Be hilarious if this is one of these times that it backfires (like naming the diner that didn't want Biden supporters as customers or the bakeries that refuse to bake cakes for gay weddings) and the lunatics, instead of putting the businesses out of business, makes them stronger and more popular.

That's what usually happens. However, these are all billion dollar corporations and don't give a fuck what the baby-killers think.

Have been talking to USAA, lots blowing up their Facebook page. Waiting for them to explain themselves.

They are on that list?

I didn't see them on that list I will look at that list again more closely.

I have my insurance through USAA.

Have been talking to USAA, lots blowing up their Facebook page. Waiting for them to explain themselves.

I looked for an article about them donating to politicians who co sponsored this bill.

I couldn't find any.

I did find articles about USAA donating to candidates who voted to overturn the 2020 election.

Is that what you are talking about?

I am going to look into changing who I get my insurance from. I don't want to do business that gives money to politicians who don't believe in democracy.

I find it insulting that a company that covers people in our military, I was in the Air National Guard, would give money to politicians who voted to over turn our election. That's not democracy and what people in our military fight for.

What you stopped buying from Goya, I buy twice as much.

Never heard of them until the attempted boycott.

I now buy and give away to friends.
Ditto.

Tried Goya products and found two in particular I really like so I buy them regularly.

I also, when liberal neighbors celebrate birthdays, bring them small gift-packs of Goya products. When they tell me they tried them I ask now much the liked them most say they'd never heard of them but would buy more of the kinds they particularly like.

I don't tell them then.

I wait until they have bought more.

Then I tell them.

And suddenly their tastes change.

But since they won't eat them anymore you might think they'd maybe donate them to a local food bank. But they burn them in some sort of pagan ritual.

Doncha just love the madness of liberaldom?

They are on that list?

I didn't see them on that list I will look at that list again more closely.

I have my insurance through USAA.

Other major corporate donors to the sponsors of SB 8 include Charter Communications ($313,000), USAA ($152,000), Farmers Insurance ($120,000), General Motors ($72,750), and State Farm ($58,250).

Ditto.

Tried Goya products and found two in particular I really like so I buy them regularly.

I also, when liberal neighbors celebrate birthdays, bring them small gift-packs of Goya products. When they tell me they tried them I ask now much the liked them most say they'd never heard of them but would buy more of the kinds they particularly like.

I don't tell them then.

I wait until they have bought more.

Then I tell them.

And suddenly their tastes change.

But since they won't eat them anymore you might think they'd maybe donate them to a local food bank. But they burn them in some sort of pagan ritual.

Doncha just love the madness of liberaldom?

I give to people who like them.

In fact, since the boycott, it's been a little challenging to find them on the shelves.

Other major corporate donors to the sponsors of SB 8 include Charter Communications ($313,000), USAA ($152,000), Farmers Insurance ($120,000), General Motors ($72,750), and State Farm ($58,250).

This is good, but what about the smaller companies who also value human life? I want to support them, too!

I give to people who like them.

In fact, since the boycott, it's been a little challenging to find them on the shelves.

After the CEO of Goya publicly supported President Trump, and the left attacked, their products flew off the shelves. I don't think they've gotten back to full capacity yet.

Forum List

Back