"Common sense gun control"

So you don't support the Constitution but, instead, support infringement on the right to keep and bear arms based on your own personal sense of need. Are you advising Biden on this so he knows whether or not you feel there's a need?

But if we needed the NFA in 1934 (which we didn't; murders were relatively lower in 1934 than they are today), then Chicago must certainly need a gun ban to stop the killings there, right?

Gun controller.
Bravo!!!
The 2nd is very clear. The laws that have been passed over the years that violate it are absolutely unconstitutional. If you want to change it, do it the way the founders intended.

I didn't link from Brownell's. Must have been a different poster. I was referring to the shorter barrels, to you or somebody saying that the shorter barrels were somehow illegal. I have shopped Brownells, and they have good quality names, but usually you can get the exact same less expensive.
I am not and have not been in the market for a sear and other components to change my weapon to full auto or even 3 shot auto. It is another capability you only need if you are going to kick in doors, spray and pray, putting a lot of rounds in a small enclosed area. No matter how bad it gets, I am not going to have to do that. If spraying a silhouetted target at 200 meters you will probably miss a lot more than you will hit. I may not waste as many rounds downrange as fast, but I never miss at 200, even with iron sights. The probability of me, needing to engage past that is low, unless hunting or on the range practicing. If you got 30 guys, scared shitless, because they are being engaged by a machine gun and holding up their avenue of approach, OK. If all of them put a bunch of rounds downrange, they can definitely suppress or take it out. I don't do that anymore. I don't even teach it anymore, as I am retired. I sight, spotweld, aim, control my breathing and squeeze while holding on target. Modifying unless you have the proper credential is illegal and wasteful of ammo. I am paying about 52 cents a round. I can blow plenty of money on a Saturday without emptying 30 round magazines with 1 pull of the trigger. With 18 inch barrel and scope, i can reach out and touch the target while the spray and pray guy might not even scare the target if the target has been shot at before. I had a buddy, that set up a hillbilly range for paramilitary wannabe cowboys and there were a lot of full auto weapons. He put quarter pound sticks of TNT on a berm at maybe 50 meters, maybe less. He made a pile of cash selling ammo that day, and that was years ago when ammo was cheap. The people he had there were people that couldn't be trusted with a potato gun. I left, asking my onetime friend when he became such a fkup.

Wild Bill Kelsoe linked the Sear. Your reference to "both are still sold" led me to believe you were talking about that and barrels. My mistake.

So let's focus on the shorter barrels. They are sold. Buy one and don't have a pistol. Post a picture of it anywhere near your rifle. I'll send you one, just one, care package in prison.

Please do not suggest that people illegally modify their rifle with a short barrel. It's against the site rules, first, to suggest committing a crime. Second, some fool will believe you and they'll also end up in prison.

So, you can't buy an unregulated machine gun since 1934 and this is pissing you off? Did it keep your dad or your granddad, or your great granddad up at night bitching about it, or did they think Al Capone, Machinegun Kelly and the mobsters of the roaring 20s did not need machine guns? Maybe you want to jump in a "wayback" machine and go tell the mob back then they were messing it up for everybody.
Big deal. So you can't ride around with a machine gun mounted on your jeep, as if you were in a third world country. Get over it.

I have a Class III M-16. I had to pay that filthy ass $200 tax when I got it back in the 1970s and that was a lot of money.

Having that firearm doesn't make me a third world terrorist.

However, the filthy ass NFA laws makes the shitheads that don't want Americans citizens to have them oppressive anti Constitutional assholes. Anti Right to keep and bear arms Karens.

Ya I disagree with the ban on new weapons.
Unfortunately, it is people like you, those who profess to be gun rights supporters but who, in reality, are gun controllers, that give comfort and cover to gun controllers. You tell them that infringements are OK, that the Constitution is just a suggestion, and then all that's left is to negotiate on what we can have and how far they toss the Constitution. You've already agreed that it's OK for them to do it. And you took an oath.

For the most part that has been intelligent regulation that has worked. Pretty rare for us to have a mass shooting with automatic weapons. I'm good with that.

I saw a report a few years ago that said there has only been one killing with a machine gun since WWII. It was an off duty cop in Massachusetts that came home and found his wife in bed with another guy. He grabbed was so pissed he used his Class III machine gun to blow the bastard away. A crime of passion.

Bravo!!!
The 2nd is very clear. The laws that have been passed over the years that violate it are absolutely unconstitutional. If you want to change it, do it the way the founders intended.

It is amazing how these stupid uneducated Moon Bats can't understand what "shall not be infringe" means. It is like they are brain dead.

Wild Bill Kelsoe linked the Sear. Your reference to "both are still sold" led me to believe you were talking about that and barrels. My mistake.

So let's focus on the shorter barrels. They are sold. Buy one and don't have a pistol. Post a picture of it anywhere near your rifle. I'll send you one, just one, care package in prison.

Please do not suggest that people illegally modify their rifle with a short barrel. It's against the site rules, first, to suggest committing a crime. Second, some fool will believe you and they'll also end up in prison.
I didn't suggest it. I personally do not care what modification they make or if they have to go to jail and lose everything, for their stupidity. Like I said, mine are all legal and I am not in the market for illegal modifications. At my age, short barrels do not interest me, as they are really on good for clearing rooms where confinement of swing is a problem. I am not going to kick in doors and clear rooms anymore. I am more of a distance guy.

I have a Class III M-16. I had to pay that filthy ass $200 tax when I got it back in the 1970s and that was a lot of money.

Having that firearm doesn't make me a third world terrorist.

However, the filthy ass NFA laws makes the shitheads that don't want Americans citizens to have them oppressive anti Constitutional assholes. Anti Right to keep and bear arms Karens.
I am glad. I no wish to talk with third world terrorist. I have not even talked with any foreign national clandestine operatives, since probably 1994 or 5.
I have no problem with the laws written in the 1930s to curb the use of machine guns in the hands of gangster of the roaring 20s. So far before I was born they do not bother me. They predate laws against smoking pot, for Pete's sake. I don't want machine guns on the street any more than my great-grandfathers did.
Most knuckleheads cannot be trusted to handle them responsibly or even the guns that are legal. Drive down any country road out in the county and look where the morons shoot road sign and do it mostly at night from their pickup truck. Go to any gun range and observe the weapons handling for a day when it is not friends and acquaintances on you left and right. I had to clear a hand gun for my next door neighbor, and he was actually licensed to carry, having completed training by some moron. Some crazy lady in Chicago just shot her 12 year old son, yesterday over a missing memory card. It is people like that, screwing it up for everybody, just like the gangsters screwed up being able to casually own a machine gun back in 1934.
You are probably fine. You not only paid the money, but were background checked, not in trouble with the law and no history of violent assaults. I venture to say, you have had some training, and you have done nothing stupid with your weapons since the 70s to have your rights curtailed or removed. Thanks for being a relatively normal responsible individual. But, don't think people like you are the average anymore. You're not. I have no problem with people having to somewhat prove they are not a danger to themselves and others before they get to carry on the street or have access, equal to yours, or even mine, and I do not have a class III certificate.

I saw a report a few years ago that said there has only been one killing with a machine gun since WWII. It was an off duty cop in Massachusetts that came home and found his wife in bed with another guy. He grabbed was so pissed he used his Class III machine gun to blow the bastard away. A crime of passion.
I hope he was a true sportsman and got them both on the rise.:D

I am glad. I no wish to talk with third world terrorist. I have not even talked with any foreign national clandestine operatives, since probably 1994 or 5.
I have no problem with the laws written in the 1930s to curb the use of machine guns in the hands of gangster of the roaring 20s. So far before I was born they do not bother me. They predate laws against smoking pot, for Pete's sake. I don't want machine guns on the street any more than my great-grandfathers did.
Most knuckleheads cannot be trusted to handle them responsibly or even the guns that are legal. Drive down any country road out in the county and look where the morons shoot road sign and do it mostly at night from their pickup truck. Go to any gun range and observe the weapons handling for a day when it is not friends and acquaintances on you left and right. I had to clear a hand gun for my next door neighbor, and he was actually licensed to carry, having completed training by some moron. Some crazy lady in Chicago just shot her 12 year old son, yesterday over a missing memory card. It is people like that, screwing it up for everybody, just like the gangsters screwed up being able to casually own a machine gun back in 1934.
You are probably fine. You not only paid the money, but were background checked, not in trouble with the law and no history of violent assaults. I venture to say, you have had some training, and you have done nothing stupid with your weapons since the 70s to have your rights curtailed or removed. Thanks for being a relatively normal responsible individual. But, don't think people like you are the average anymore. You're not. I have no problem with people having to somewhat prove they are not a danger to themselves and others before they get to carry on the street or have access, equal to yours, or even mine, and I do not have a class III certificate.

Go look up the Miller case.

The Supreme Court determined that the Second applies to firearms in general use by the military.

Go look up the Miller case.

The Supreme Court determined that the Second applies to firearms in general use by the military.
No. I'm satisfied with my evaluation of the issue. Tell you what, though. I'll go along with the Supreme Court. How bout that?

No. I'm satisfied with my evaluation of the issue. Tell you what, though. I'll go along with the Supreme Court. How bout that?

Miller lost the case for two reasons.

First he did not show for the trail.

Second, the Supreme Court made an error of fact. Miller was found guilty for violating the NFA because he had a sawed off shotgun. In their ruling the Supreme Court Justices said that the Second applied to firearms in general use by the military. However, their error was saying that a sawed off shotgun was not used by the military. The US used sawed off shotguns in WWI so an error was made. Otherwise he would have been found innocent.

When the filthy ass anti gun nuts claim that the Second does not apply to military type weapons then they are simply wrong.

Miller was dead by the time the case went before the SC,

That doesn't change the fact that the Court made the determination that the Second applies to military type weapons. It is case law now.

Many legal scholars are convinced that if the plaintiff had put on a vigorous case the NFA would have been overturned.

There are now five firearms cases that the Supreme Court are considering hearing. If they accept the cases and the rulings go the way that is suspected then State and Local gun regulations will be pretty much gutted.

Flash said he got his M16 in the 70s - 40 to 50 years ago. No assumptions could or should be made about his current mental state based on a background check from that long ago. I'm not saying he's a nutcase but your reasoning for saying he is not is completely flawed and demonstrates the flaw in the entire gun control idea. Stephen Paddock had no criminal record before the shooting in Las Vegas.

Flash said he got his M16 in the 70s - 40 to 50 years ago. No assumptions could or should be made about his current mental state based on a background check from that long ago. I'm not saying he's a nutcase but your reasoning for saying he is not is completely flawed and demonstrates the flaw in the entire gun control idea. Stephen Paddock had no criminal record before the shooting in Las Vegas.
Agreed, but it is a baseline, that at one time he was a normal gun owner and very well may still be, as he hasn't made himself famous and lost those gun rights. There are people out there with all sorts of fully automatic weapons that were and are totally unknown that were and are nut balls that would never pass any kind of check.
I have greater respect for anybody that played it by the rules. I have seen and met some of these nut balls, first hand. You don't really want to be anywhere near them, and they deserve no respect for their 2A stance, weapons handling, safety or general attitude, whatsoever.

Forum List

Back