"Common sense gun control"

Excuse me. You said "any part that makes a firearm automatic is registered," so I thought that was your complaint. I did not know you were OK with that. I am OK with that also.
i agree that in the 30's we had a problem and that the law was needed, still is it doesnt ban auto's just regulates them.

i agree that in the 30's we had a problem and that the law was needed, still is it doesnt ban auto's just regulates them.
For the most part that has been intelligent regulation that has worked. Pretty rare for us to have a mass shooting with automatic weapons. I'm good with that.

The insanity of the law in question.
The National Firearms Act of 1934? Aren't you a little late to the party? If you are wanting to kill a bunch of people, use a legal weapon like the rest of the nutballs.

A question for gun experts:

Except for range, muzzle energy and projectile count, what is the significant difference between a 3 shot burst from an AR and 9 #00 buckshot pellets fired from a 12 ga single shot shotgun?

You can buy a better one, if you just buy the parts and build it yourself, and nobody asks you about the parts you are buying.

Buying a short barrel can get you in prison even if you never put it on a gun. Having a legal length rifle and being in possession of a barrel less than 16 inches or a short-barrelled upper that you never put on the rifle is called constructive possession. You're giving ignorant, incorrect, advice when you say no one asks about the parts you are buying. Here's a case where they did ask about the parts:

When I built my AR pistol, I had the lower fully assembled and had every other part to complete the gun before ordering the barrel. Ordering the barrel first could have got me in a lot of trouble. The strategy for building an SBR must be similar: get the stamp before ordering the barrel.

excuse me, where in that statement I made is any disagreement with the law on automatic weapons?
That's a sad statement. Perhaps you could edit that statement to add some disagreement with the law on automatic weapons or are you really a gun controller just like white6?

When all the gun-rights supporters are really gun controllers, the 2nd Amendment becomes just a suggestion.

That's incorrect. Here's a site where you can buy an automatic sear, no BGC, or anything...

Just because someone sells it, doesn't make it legal.

26 U.S.C. §§ 5845(b):​

The term “machinegun” means any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger. The term shall also include the frame or receiver of any such weapon, any part designed and intended solely and exclusively, or combination of parts designed and intended, for use in converting a weapon into a machinegun, and any combination of parts from which a machinegun can be assembled if such parts are in the possession or under the control of a person.

Buying a short barrel can get you in prison even if you never put it on a gun. Having a legal length rifle and being in possession of a barrel less than 16 inches or a short-barrelled upper that you never put on the rifle is called constructive possession. You're giving ignorant, incorrect, advice when you say no one asks about the parts you are buying. Here's a case where they did ask about the parts:

When I built my AR pistol, I had the lower fully assembled and had every other part to complete the gun before ordering the barrel. Ordering the barrel first could have got me in a lot of trouble. The strategy for building an SBR must be similar: get the stamp before ordering the barrel.
Both are readily sold, no questions online. I went for an 18" barrel for better accuracy and I won't be kicking down any doors at my age if the balloon goes up. I used 3 or 4 manufacturors and multiple online sellers. I got the impression you could get anything you want, pretty much no questions asked. In my case I was going totally legal, and just wanted to pick my components, some being more important for the way I shoot and maintain, than others.

So you don't support the Constitution but, instead, support infringement on the right to keep and bear arms based on your own personal sense of need. Are you advising Biden on this so he knows whether or not you feel there's a need?

But if we needed the NFA in 1934 (which we didn't; murders were relatively lower in 1934 than they are today), then Chicago must certainly need a gun ban to stop the killings there, right?

Gun controller.

Both are readily sold, no questions online. I went for an 18" barrel for better accuracy and I won't be kicking down any doors at my age if the balloon goes up. I used 3 or 4 manufacturors and multiple online sellers. I got the impression you could get anything you want, pretty much no questions asked. In my case I was going totally legal, and just wanted to pick my components, some being more important for the way I shoot and maintain, than others.
Both of what are sold? We were discussing the auto sear you linked from Brownells. Have you bought one? Perhaps they would ask for your Class III stamp before shipping it. Or, perhaps it's not what you think it is because the law is quite clear and the BATFE history clearly shows that they enforce that particular law.

Buy one. It's only 24 dollars. Show us that you can buy a piece that will turn your AR into a fully automatic. Then, post a picture of you with your AR and with that part in your hand. I'll forward it to the BATFE and then we'll know you're right and I'm wrong when you're still posting here.

Both of what are sold? We were discussing the auto sear you linked from Brownells. Have you bought one? Perhaps they would ask for your Class III stamp before shipping it. Or, perhaps it's not what you think it is because the law is quite clear and the BATFE history clearly shows that they enforce that particular law.

Buy one. It's only 24 dollars. Show us that you can buy a piece that will turn your AR into a fully automatic. Then, post a picture of you with your AR and with that part in your hand. I'll forward it to the BATFE and then we'll know you're right and I'm wrong when you're still posting here.
I didn't link from Brownell's. Must have been a different poster. I was referring to the shorter barrels, to you or somebody saying that the shorter barrels were somehow illegal. I have shopped Brownells, and they have good quality names, but usually you can get the exact same less expensive.
I am not and have not been in the market for a sear and other components to change my weapon to full auto or even 3 shot auto. It is another capability you only need if you are going to kick in doors, spray and pray, putting a lot of rounds in a small enclosed area. No matter how bad it gets, I am not going to have to do that. If spraying a silhouetted target at 200 meters you will probably miss a lot more than you will hit. I may not waste as many rounds downrange as fast, but I never miss at 200, even with iron sights. The probability of me, needing to engage past that is low, unless hunting or on the range practicing. If you got 30 guys, scared shitless, because they are being engaged by a machine gun and holding up their avenue of approach, OK. If all of them put a bunch of rounds downrange, they can definitely suppress or take it out. I don't do that anymore. I don't even teach it anymore, as I am retired. I sight, spotweld, aim, control my breathing and squeeze while holding on target. Modifying unless you have the proper credential is illegal and wasteful of ammo. I am paying about 52 cents a round. I can blow plenty of money on a Saturday without emptying 30 round magazines with 1 pull of the trigger. With 18 inch barrel and scope, i can reach out and touch the target while the spray and pray guy might not even scare the target if the target has been shot at before. I had a buddy, that set up a hillbilly range for paramilitary wannabe cowboys and there were a lot of full auto weapons. He put quarter pound sticks of TNT on a berm at maybe 50 meters, maybe less. He made a pile of cash selling ammo that day, and that was years ago when ammo was cheap. The people he had there were people that couldn't be trusted with a potato gun. I left, asking my onetime friend when he became such a fkup.

That's true. And until the FOPA of 1986, people could purchase new automatic weapons with the $200 tax stamp. The Hugh's amendment, tacked on to the FOPA. eliminated the option to purchase a newly manufactured auto. The only autos that can be purchased now are the ones that were in the registry up to 1986. And as might be expected, those selling pre-86 autos command a monster price. Outside of Hugh's, the FOPA did a lot of good stuff for gun owners.

Cheers

Top rifle: AR15 carbine. Available in all but the festates with draconian gun contril laws with nothing more than a quick call to the NICS
Bottom rifle: AR15 SBR - short barreled rifle. NFA weaoon, requires the same FBI investication, $200 tax stamp and local chielf lasw wnforcement officer approval as a M60 machine gun, grenade launcher, or PAK43 88mm anti-tank gun

If you ask the anti-gun left, they will tell you this is "common sense gun control".
They cannot demonstrate the necessity for or efficacy of the extra hurdles a law-abiding citizen must jump thru to buy the 2nd rifle, but they will PROMISE you if we don't have those additional restrictions, blood will run in the streets.

View attachment 535524
Not sure how much the anti-tank weapon would cost but the M-60 would set you back anywhere from 30-70k .

Forum List

Back