Comings and Goings.. USMB

So.. who cares about your comings and goings on the USMB?

Just yourself.. that's it... SLAP

I would like to think I'd be missed for a little while, at least.. Damn it...:eusa_eh:

I miss some members that have gone...:(

Heck, I miss a few members that are still here...:lol:

I would seriously miss you Lumpy 1. You bring fragrant fresh flowers to the board in the form of levity. I would miss your humor too. There is another man on board right now that I would miss also. He is sharp and fun. :)

I would like to think I'd be missed for a little while, at least.. Damn it...:eusa_eh:

I would seriously miss you Lumpy 1. You bring fragrant fresh flowers to the board in the form of levity. I would miss your humor too. There is another man on board right now that I would miss also. He is sharp and fun. :)

Why.. quite kind of you... sweet adorable, "Lady Aqua Athena"...God certainly smiled upon your creation....

Now, my sweet Darlin.. who is this other man you speak softly of...

I wish to beat him repeatedly, about the head...:lol:

Last edited:
Why.. quite kind of you... sweet adorable, "Lady Aqua Athena"...God certainly smiled upon your creation....

I wish to beat him beat repeatedly, about the head...:lol:

You're gonna beat del up? Not cool, Lumpy. :doubt:

I wish to beat him beat repeatedly, about the head...:lol:

You're gonna beat del up? Not cool, Lumpy. :doubt:

Dog Gon it ..did it have to be Del.....

I'm kinda sweet on him myself... in a manly, shake hands sorta way....:lol:

Sometimes I miss KK. She was entertaining and while. while an idiot, she seemed like good people.

Pix, EZ, Syrenn, EagleSeven (who's disappeared on us again :( ), Goldcatt, and Radio also seem like good folk people I might like to sit down and enjoy a drink and a chat with if ever we happen to bump into one another on the street.

Kalam, and even KevinKennedy (when he wasn't being an inappropriate child) and a handful of others here have also proven to be among the few I've had the pleasure of speaking to in my lifetime who could have an informed and honest discussion of complex sociopolitical matters- especially when we disagreed.

There are few here I would prefer leave, and those are mostly open trolls who do nothing but spread vitriol for reasons known only to themselves.

Most of those not named, it's simply because we have not spoken as much as I might have liked. It's a sad fact that there are many great people in the world we will never get to know. This forum, perhaps more than any other I've ever visited, has a curious effect on me at times. On the one hand, it shows me that there are good and intelligent people in the world- something that almost restores my hope for this species. At the same time, it reminds me how few and broadly scattered such people are- and that there are always people locked in their own ignorance or simply looking to be mean and nasty.

I've always found it sad that so many of the discussion we can have here- whether we agree or not- never seem to happen in the every day world. In that regard, this place is almost like a sanctuary for me- someplace where I can find the intellectual discussion and honest opinion so lacking in the world.

Perhaps that says more about me than anything else, perhaps not. I suspect, however, that many of us are here for the same reason- no matter what some of us might otherwise have, we come here for something we don't find in the real world. I like to believe that, for most of us, that something is the level of intellectual honesty and open discussion we can enjoy here.

"PALLAS ATHENA, GODDESS OF WISDOM
by

Elinor Stebbins

(Paper submitted to Images of Women in the Ancient World: Issues of Interpretation and Identity, Spring 1998)

Vis consili expers
Mole ruit sua.

("Strength without wisdom falls by its own weight")

Titlepage

Athena, Greek goddess of wisdom, of household arts and crafts, of spinning and weaving, of textiles. Inventor of the flute, the plough and the ox-yoke, the horse bridle and the chariot. Athena, goddess of war, guardian of Athens, the city named for her; defender of heroes, champion of justice and civil law.

Concerned as we are with the role of women in today's society, we may well ask ourselves, who was Athena that she was celebrated in song and story, portrayed by artist and poet, and worshiped as the pre-eminent goddess of Greece. Was the stately grey-eyed maiden a light in the mind of man, or the dream of woman? "

Athena

Forum List

Back