Come Home to Roost?

HenryBHough

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Oak Grove, Massachusetts
So America has an emperor who delights in killing innocent women and children with impersonal drones.

How fitting, then, that He be afforded the chance to gain some first-hand experience!

Drone landing drags White House security into the modern era

"Officials report that they recovered a quadcopter on the White House's grounds in the early morning on January 26th, with no clear indication as to who flew it or why. A spokesperson notes that the drone was never a threat to President Barack Obama (who was visiting India) or his family, but that's not the point......."

Wow, you know, till you posted this, I never realized how easy it would be to breach tight security with one of those things.

I have a friend that loves to tinker with those things. You can put cameras on them no problem.

But they need to be pretty light. I don't know how easy it would be to equip it with anything that would do anything damage to national security though. A gun, a bomb, or explosive etc. would have been a little bit beyond the pale. That definitely doesn't seem feasible if you are going to be stealthy and small. This article is exaggerating just a bit. A quad-copter doesn't have that kind of power. If you made one big enough to have that sort of power to carry explosives, it would show up on radar and scanning security so a good shot could bring it down.

Not unless you were an expert in espionage, i.e. radioactive poison darts and the like. Someone could fly a small one in like that undetected no problem.

DJI+Phantom+gopro+hero3__.jpg

WASHINGTON – A man has claimed responsibility for the drone that crashed onto the White House grounds early Monday, an incident that triggered an immediate lockdown and a Secret Service investigation.

Secret Service spokeswoman Nicole B. Mainor said the individual contacted the agency Monday morning to "self-report" the incident. According to Mainor, "initial indications are that this incident occurred as a result of recreational use of the device."

A U.S. official told The Associated Press the main said he didn't mean to fly the drone over the White House; he is said to be cooperating with investigators. The New York Times reported he is a government employee, though he does not work for the White House.

From fox news

Obama must have hired some of his homies from Chitown to do security for him. This isn't the first breach.

Wow, you know, till you posted this, I never realized how easy it would be to breach tight security with one of those things.

I have a friend that loves to tinker with those things. You can put cameras on them no problem.

But they need to be pretty light. I don't know how easy it would be to equip it with anything that would do anything damage to national security though. A gun, a bomb, or explosive etc. would have been a little bit beyond the pale. That definitely doesn't seem feasible if you are going to be stealthy and small. This article is exaggerating just a bit. A quad-copter doesn't have that kind of power. If you made one big enough to have that sort of power to carry explosives, it would show up on radar and scanning security so a good shot could bring it down.

Not unless you were an expert in espionage, i.e. radioactive poison darts and the like. Someone could fly a small one in like that undetected no problem.

DJI+Phantom+gopro+hero3__.jpg

I'd say that rooftop swimming pool on the Chateau Marmot is definitely too small.

Forum List

Back