Colorado pays $19 million for murdering mentally ill man.

pknopp

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2019
I'm pretty sure this was covered here before but I tried to look it up with no luck.

Anyway, the cops lied about what happened, killed a mentally ill man having a break down and now the taxpayers are out $19 million dollars and the officer and supervisor are facing charges. One thing that also happened here which I believe everyone that sues the police and wins should insist on, there will be forced retraining of the officers in dealing with situations like this.

DENVER − The family of a Colorado man shot to death by police during a mental health crisis will receive $19 million in compensation from law enforcement, one of the biggest such settlements in U.S. history.

The family of Christian Glass, 22, is also forcing a series of training changes among the law enforcement agencies that were present during the June 11, 2022, incident. The settlement is the largest ever in Colorado, the family's attorneys said.

I find it odd that the police are being forced in many cases to undergo retraining.

The officer who shot Glass and his supervisor are being criminally prosecuted. The responding police agencies have also been criticized because none of the other officers tried to stop the shooting.

Maybe prison time for some officers will make it something they do on their own.

As part of the settlement, law enforcement agencies acknowledged they issued an inaccurate press release.

I also have a hard time understanding how often we see law enforcement lie about what happened even though they know it's all on tape.

Family of Christian Glass reaches record $19 million settlement after police shooting

You used to be able to call the guys in the white uniforms to collect-up the nut jobs.....Even in France.

R.8471277066ed98c755842f94ca2853cf

I'm pretty sure this was covered here before but I tried to look it up with no luck.

Anyway, the cops lied about what happened, killed a mentally ill man having a break down and now the taxpayers are out $19 million dollars and the officer and supervisor are facing charges. One thing that also happened here which I believe everyone that sues the police and wins should insist on, there will be forced retraining of the officers in dealing with situations like this.

DENVER − The family of a Colorado man shot to death by police during a mental health crisis will receive $19 million in compensation from law enforcement, one of the biggest such settlements in U.S. history.

The family of Christian Glass, 22, is also forcing a series of training changes among the law enforcement agencies that were present during the June 11, 2022, incident. The settlement is the largest ever in Colorado, the family's attorneys said.

I find it odd that the police are being forced in many cases to undergo retraining.

The officer who shot Glass and his supervisor are being criminally prosecuted. The responding police agencies have also been criticized because none of the other officers tried to stop the shooting.

Maybe prison time for some officers will make it something they do on their own.

As part of the settlement, law enforcement agencies acknowledged they issued an inaccurate press release.

I also have a hard time understanding how often we see law enforcement lie about what happened even though they know it's all on tape.

Family of Christian Glass reaches record $19 million settlement after police shooting
Why wasnt the man in a mental hospital instead of running loose on the street?

I got to empathize with the police here. They get called to a scene and find some whackjob having a breakdown. It is dangerous. People have breakdowns and murder other people. The cops may have felt that their lives were in danger, as well as the lives of others in the community. I have not studied this particular incident. But I will generally give police the benefit of the doubt. They are in a much better position to judge the situation than are laymen viewing out-of-context video after the fact.

I got to empathize with the police here. They get called to a scene and find some whackjob having a breakdown. It is dangerous. People have breakdowns and murder other people. The cops may have felt that their lives were in danger, as well as the lives of others in the community. I have not studied this particular incident. But I will generally give police the benefit of the doubt. They are in a much better position to judge the situation than are laymen viewing out-of-context video after the fact.
It would have been impossible for him to harm any of the officers with a small knife while he is sitting in the car.

Forum List

Back