College president says campus no place for free speech.

1_zpsu1ewjewt.png

What is "free speech"? If one's "free speech" attacks someone else, shouldn't those attacked have "free speech" to counter it?

Not to do with "free speech" on campus, is everyone aware that "free speech" on the subject of abortion is being censored by federal and state governments, and threats and laws are in place to use denial of public funds to censor speech on this matter? Some states even have laws in place to require doctors to give government-dictated speeches to patients, and one state, I believe South Dakota, has passed a law prohibiting doctors to tell patients that the state politicians have dictated this speech.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know that there will be responses to "stick to the topic" and the topic is "on campus." But freedom of speech is everywhere on any and every topic. If there should be no "gag rules" on campus, there also should be none in other places.

Stick to the topic, you wanna be fascist hack.

So you don't like free speech, then? Do you like censorship that much? You don't like free discussion of the issues and a free exchange of information and ideas?

What "fascist" am I? It is you who want to censor free discussion and impose government speech and propaganda on citizens, not me.

Funny. I think that it was you who posted a link to a site "shout your abortion" some weeks ago. I read through it and discovered the stories of women and men and their experiences, making me so much more firm in my pro-choice belief.

How is calling out some soy-moron admin at a College for using a strawman bullshit statement "censoring"

He ADMITS he isn't for free speech, he admits wanting to put qualifiers down, he might as well admit he will only apply such qualifiers to speech he likes.

I did post the link, it's a very sad site. But show me where I want it shut down, or people to ignore it, or try to have people posting to it ruined.

That is the tactic of leftist twats like you.

What happened to 'safe, legal, and rare"?

So what's up with the federal and state governments imposing gag rules and using taxpayer money to enforce them, forcing doctors to read scripts dictated by the government to patients, supposedly to be passed off as their own medical advice, forcing citizens to attend religious indoctrination centers just to exercise their rights, Mr. Free Speech?

While "safe, legal, and rare" is the objective of many in the U.S., it is not the objective of right-wingers. Just the opposite. A comprehensive and sound education on sexual matters and acessable birth control makes this possible.

So what does the orange whore do? He puts some "abstinence only" monkey bitch in charge of funding for sex education who lies to Americans that birth control doesn't work and seeks to spread ignorance of sexual matters. PP works to stop the occurrence of unwanted pregnancies and STDs, through the use of education and modern technology, and the psychos want to stop it and have more unplanned pregnancies and more abortions and big orphanages. There are more than 400,000 kids waiting for homes in this country. And, oh, yeah, people don't want LGBTQs providing them with homes.

Where are the right-wingers who want more unwanted pregnancies and forced births going to put these unwanted infants? The right-wingers seem to be very wrapped up in their sexual fantasies, but don't seem to have any plans.

This whoe "pro-life" thing, in a world of automatic weaponry, mass shootings, bump stocks, "I'm a man" horseshit, seems to arise from some anger that women, as well as men, have sex. Some guys have mental problems.
When you pro-aborts say you want abortion safe, legal, and rare, you're 2/3 lying. You oppose every measure to make it safer, and you damn sure don't want it rare.
So what is so wrong about instructing youngsters entering their teenage years about how their bodies work, what sexuality is all about, what their feelings will be about, the importance of avoiding pregnancy and STDs, the availability of medical technology to help them do this? What is wrong with having fully informed and educated people? Why do you want ignorance?

What are you talking about in terms of making an abortion "safer"? The Texas government tried this. It tried to impose more restrictions on abortion than those imposed on colonoscopies, which are more dangerous.

So you don't like free speech, then? Do you like censorship that much? You don't like free discussion of the issues and a free exchange of information and ideas?

What "fascist" am I? It is you who want to censor free discussion and impose government speech and propaganda on citizens, not me.

Funny. I think that it was you who posted a link to a site "shout your abortion" some weeks ago. I read through it and discovered the stories of women and men and their experiences, making me so much more firm in my pro-choice belief.

How is calling out some soy-moron admin at a College for using a strawman bullshit statement "censoring"

He ADMITS he isn't for free speech, he admits wanting to put qualifiers down, he might as well admit he will only apply such qualifiers to speech he likes.

I did post the link, it's a very sad site. But show me where I want it shut down, or people to ignore it, or try to have people posting to it ruined.

So what's up with the federal and state governments imposing gag rules and using taxpayer money to enforce them, forcing doctors to read scripts dictated by the government to patients, supposedly to be passed off as their own medical advice, forcing citizens to attend religious indoctrination centers just to exercise their rights, Mr. Free Speech?

While "safe, legal, and rare" is the objective of many in the U.S., it is not the objective of right-wingers. Just the opposite. A comprehensive and sound education on sexual matters and acessable birth control makes this possible.

So what does the orange whore do? He puts some "abstinence only" monkey bitch in charge of funding for sex education who lies to Americans that birth control doesn't work and seeks to spread ignorance of sexual matters. PP works to stop the occurrence of unwanted pregnancies and STDs, through the use of education and modern technology, and the psychos want to stop it and have more unplanned pregnancies and more abortions and big orphanages. There are more than 400,000 kids waiting for homes in this country. And, oh, yeah, people don't want LGBTQs providing them with homes.

Where are the right-wingers who want more unwanted pregnancies and forced births going to put these unwanted infants? The right-wingers seem to be very wrapped up in their sexual fantasies, but don't seem to have any plans.

This whoe "pro-life" thing, in a world of automatic weaponry, mass shootings, bump stocks, "I'm a man" horseshit, seems to arise from some anger that women, as well as men, have sex. Some guys have mental problems.
When you pro-aborts say you want abortion safe, legal, and rare, you're 2/3 lying. You oppose every measure to make it safer, and you damn sure don't want it rare.
So what is so wrong about instructing youngsters entering their teenage years about how their bodies work, what sexuality is all about, what their feelings will be about, the importance of avoiding pregnancy and STDs, the availability of medical technology to help them do this? What is wrong with having fully informed and educated people? Why do you want ignorance?

What are you talking about in terms of making an abortion "safer"? The Texas government tried this. It tried to impose more restrictions on abortion than those imposed on colonoscopies, which are more dangerous.
The "medical technology" you advocate is designed to help them escape the consequences of their actions. That's what abortion is...it punishes the only truly innocent person involved.

Meanwhile, there are 20 comprehensive women's health clinics for every Planned Parenthood location.

Don't pretend Planned Parenthood is the only place women can get all the educational and health services you say you support.

You oppose ignorance? I guessing you oppose mandatory ultrasounds before abortions. Why? Don't you want women to know it's a baby in there? You oppose requiring doctors with hospital privileges performing abortions? Good heavens, why? What if something goes wrong?

I've had two colonoscopies. In hospitals. With doctors with privileges. Anybody who's having an invasive procedure would want that.

Are you going to say abortion isn't an invasive procedure?

As expected. I read his op-ed. It was a nuanced discussion and he is not against the idea of free speech.

Morons.
As is usual, the only moron here is you.

With regard to Trump’s executive order, Harris wrote that “the response from the higher education community and from many others has been to decry what they see as government overreach, and to argue that the president and his supporters do not understand what actually happens on college campuses.”

Harris suggests a focus on “constructive engagement.”

“Speakers [at Union] must take unscreened, sincere questions from the audience, and they are expected to respond respectfully,” he said. “Speakers must have evidence and reasoned arguments to support their views, given that both form the foundation upon which knowledge and wisdom rest.”

These are quotes from the article. So all th factual examples of conservatives, very reasoned conservatives, not being allowed to speak on campus are discounted by this idiot. So as an academic he had no idea that the title of his article would, according to you, not be the true thrust of the article. You interpreted it for him, twisted it to rescue his ridiculous faux pas. In his world, conservative speakers must have reasoned arguments, Ben Shapiro, but liberal ones must have none at all, AOC. Please let’s not pretend that progressive activists ask sincere questions or even respond respectfully.

“ the president and his supporters do not understand what happens on college campuses” says the op ed. No we understand all to well what happens and we have the videotape to prove it. It is a sign of how bent people like you have become when our president wants to stand up for the first amendment and you think it is a bad thing.

Nope. That is you not comprehending what the guy said.

Yes. Trump is the 1st amendment champion.....you fucking nailed it. Moron.
This is why you cannot win an argument lone. Your strategy is to assert something without any documentation and then count on your intellectual bullying to complete the con. Calling people morons is not an argument. Calling something nuanced is not an argument. Not taking any time to build a case is not an argument. Here is your case.

I didn’t believe the title.
Just as I thought, I read the article and it was a nuanced.
You are a moron for not getting it(you are too dumb to understand)

You have no facts, no quotes, no backup, no examples. Typical dem. Moron would just be repeating myself

What is "free speech"? If one's "free speech" attacks someone else, shouldn't those attacked have "free speech" to counter it?

Not to do with "free speech" on campus, is everyone aware that "free speech" on the subject of abortion is being censored by federal and state governments, and threats and laws are in place to use denial of public funds to censor speech on this matter? Some states even have laws in place to require doctors to give government-dictated speeches to patients, and one state, I believe South Dakota, has passed a law prohibiting doctors to tell patients that the state politicians have dictated this speech.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know that there will be responses to "stick to the topic" and the topic is "on campus." But freedom of speech is everywhere on any and every topic. If there should be no "gag rules" on campus, there also should be none in other places.

More strawmen. When you want to argue the actual topic, try it.

Until then, piss off, or start another thread and challenge me to respond to it.

Why dont left wingers admit they are full blown commie elitists?

The leaders of the "free speech movement" from back in the Berkeley days must be scratching their heads over what's become of what they started! If you'd told them back then that it would be liberals shutting down free speech on campus I'm pretty sure they would have told you that would NEVER happen!

There are limits to free speech both legal and practical. When the intention of speech becomes to provoke violence rather than a healthy discussion of issues or when that speech takes the form of rallies and demonstrations that causes disruptions in campus activities and classes, then the courts will hold that it is not covered by the 1st amendment.

The news media seek stories that get attention or promotes an agenda. If a story fails, then the media either drops it or massages the facts to fit their purpose. Always look at the backstory, the complete quotes and the reason for the action. That is where the truth lies. And you're unlikely to see that on Fox News or any other news outlet that has an agenda.

--------------------------------------------- how can the INTENTION of Free Speech be KNOWN . Seems to me that Free Speech should be open and Free while violence maker should be policed Flopper .

You know the intention in two ways. First knowing the history of those involved. Secondly, seeing the effect. If a white nationalist group's demonstration has resulted in violence in most every places it has demonstrated, then it's a pretty good guess as to what their intentions are.

It is actually a pretty good indication of the agenda of those who are pushing back.

As expected. I read his op-ed. It was a nuanced discussion and he is not against the idea of free speech.

Morons.
Lol
He is a fucking piece of shit, Of course he is against free speech... that he disagrees with. So shut the fuck up you fucking retard

Ok, yours is the only post I read so far. I'm wondering how soon I'll read a leftist post lecturing us on the fact that only the government can censor free speech so theres no problem here (just like google, fakebook, twitter .....)

The leaders of the "free speech movement" from back in the Berkeley days must be scratching their heads over what's become of what they started! If you'd told them back then that it would be liberals shutting down free speech on campus I'm pretty sure they would have told you that would NEVER happen!

There are limits to free speech both legal and practical. When the intention of speech becomes to provoke violence rather than a healthy discussion of issues or when that speech takes the form of rallies and demonstrations that causes disruptions in campus activities and classes, then the courts will hold that it is not covered by the 1st amendment.

The news media seek stories that get attention or promotes an agenda. If a story fails, then the media either drops it or massages the facts to fit their purpose. Always look at the backstory, the complete quotes and the reason for the action. That is where the truth lies. And you're unlikely to see that on Fox News or any other news outlet that has an agenda.

Lol
Progressive use our fucked up from the start, because the people pressing them are fucking control freaks like yourself

Lol
Your political correctness has made you fucking retarded

Any student should be able to tell their professors to fuck off if those professors are trying to force their progressive views on them....

Hardly! They were the same as they are today, except now THEY are in control. They were never about "free speech."

--------------------------------------------- how can the INTENTION of Free Speech be KNOWN . Seems to me that Free Speech should be open and Free while violence maker should be policed Flopper .

You know the intention in two ways. First knowing the history of those involved. Secondly, seeing the effect. If a white nationalist group's demonstration has resulted in violence in most every places it has demonstrated, then it's a pretty good guess as to what their intentions are.

It is actually a pretty good indication of the agenda of those who are pushing back.

Exactly. You don't like a particular point of view, you go break windows every time your opponent says it, and then under this criteria, that viewpoint is banned because it "incites violence"?

It’s Not Your Imagination: The Journalists Writing About Antifa Are Often Their Cheerleaders.

Antifa often receives media coverage that is neutral or even favorable, with its members’ violence either being ignored by reporters or vaguely explained away as a product of right-wing provocation. What’s more, anecdotal evidence has suggested that many of the mainstream reporters who are most active in covering Antifa also tend to enthusiastically amplify Antifa’s claims on social media.

Using a mix of network mapping and linguistic analysis this study sought which prominent journalists who covered Antifa also were closely connected to leading Antifa figures on social media. They then inspected the Antifa-related stories these journalists had written.

From a data set of 58,254 Antifa or Antifa-associated Twitter accounts based on the follows of 16 verified Antifa seed accounts, using a software tool that analyzed the number and nature of connections associated with each individual account, we winnowed the 58,254 Antifa or Antifa-associated Twitter accounts down to 962 accounts. This represents a core group of Twitter users who are connected in overlapping ways to the most influential and widely followed Antifa figures. Of these 962 accounts, 22 were found to be verified Twitter accounts of journalists—of which 15 were journalists who work regularly with national-level news outlets.​

We all knew this.

Forum List

Back