College football playoffs and bowls were aweful

Awful CFP semifinal ratings show sport still lacks common sense

Everything that could go wrong did go wrong. Ratings plummeted and the games were pretty much all blow outs.

Disgraceful.

There is one last game to go and I'm doubtful it will be that close either.
Hopefully the championship game is good but I pick bama. Msu got embarrassed. Whens the game?

A week from tomorrow, 1/11/2016.

If Bama plays like we did on the 31st, Clemson is in trouble.

As much as I hate fatty patterson. That TCU comeback was pretty epic

No offense, but who was watching that exactly?

The major bowls were a train wreck.

When the Stanford band starts playing the Farmers.com dating site them it about says it all.

So do you want to see Iowa play in a Rose Bowl against Stanford who has not gone to a Rose bowl in about 300 years or do you want to see Ohio State who won a National Championship last year with pretty much the same players?

Hell, why was Stanford and OSU both not in the playoffs?

The same teams that lose keep on losing and the same teams that win just keep on winning.

Why is this not considered with these bowl picks?

It was pretty simple to pick the two division winners for the Big 10. Ohio State lost to Michigan State. They couldn't put OSU in the Big10 championship game. And MSU beat Iowa, so they were in the playoffs.

I'm not sure why you want OSU in the playoffs. Bama would have destroyed them even more.

Bowl games were a big let down. Let's hope the championship game is good, of course depending on who you are rooting for your definition of a good game can vary. I thought the Bama game was the only fantastic bowl game this season.

I thought it was pretty excellent too. But then, I am a huge fan of good defense. And that game was textbook.

A common thread of Bama championships. Great defense. Hopefully they'll hoist the NC trophy for the 11th time since I've been around next week.

Everything that could go wrong did go wrong. Ratings plummeted and the games were pretty much all blow outs.

Disgraceful.

Hopefully the championship game is good but I pick bama. Msu got embarrassed. Whens the game?

This season I think the biggest turn around was Michigan. They went from horrible last year to pretty damn good. They should have only lost 1 game this year and that was to osu.

The big ten has to get better. I want to see Michigan win a national championship. Them or msu. Fuck osu.

Michigan State was just awful and had no business being there. I hat to say it, but there is a smell of everyone gets a trophy with no significance.

LSU should of played Florida State,

The bowl games used to revolve around how early or late your game is. Everyone wanted to play in Jan but now its all out of whack. We had the Rose Bowl yesterday and I think the Blue Bonnet or some other toilet bowl was after?

They need to expand to 8 teams

-Geaux

Michigan State was the conference Champion. Who else do you think should have gone? They won the conference title fair and square. The other Big 10 teams wouldn't have done as well, to say nothing of doing better.

Bowl games were a big let down. Let's hope the championship game is good, of course depending on who you are rooting for your definition of a good game can vary. I thought the Bama game was the only fantastic bowl game this season.

I thought it was pretty excellent too. But then, I am a huge fan of good defense. And that game was textbook.

A common thread of Bama championships. Great defense. Hopefully they'll hoist the NC trophy for the 11th time since I've been around next week.
That's too much winning. Like the patriots. Stop it! Stop winning!

Disgraceful.

This season I think the biggest turn around was Michigan. They went from horrible last year to pretty damn good. They should have only lost 1 game this year and that was to osu.

The big ten has to get better. I want to see Michigan win a national championship. Them or msu. Fuck osu.

Michigan lost the 1st game, the 7th game, and the 12th game. Beginning, middle and end of the season.

Michigan won 10 games this season. 6 of those wins came against teams who finished the season with a losing record. Of the 4 "quality" wins, 2 were against teams with 10 wins or more, one ended the season with 9 wins, and Penn State only had 7 wins.

Played 5 teams with 10 wins this season, and lost to 3 of them.

No thank you. We will keep winning and winning.

Disgraceful.

Just as an FYI, if they were "aweful" it would mean full of awe. Very different from "awful".

Unless that is what you meant. I thought the Cotton Bowl was AWEsome!

Disgraceful.

Michigan lost the 1st game, the 7th game, and the 12th game. Beginning, middle and end of the season.

Michigan won 10 games this season. 6 of those wins came against teams who finished the season with a losing record. Of the 4 "quality" wins, 2 were against teams with 10 wins or more, one ended the season with 9 wins, and Penn State only had 7 wins.

Played 5 teams with 10 wins this season, and lost to 3 of them.
I know but Michigan shouldn't have lost that 1st game or the msu game. They shoulda only lost 1.

No one expected harbaugh to turn it around that fast. Look out next year

Remember that women's basketball team that was undefeated forever? Even that ended.

I have had a T-shirt for quite a few years now.

Don't like Rammer Jammer?

Don't lose to Bama.

We like singing that song....we like a lot. We sing it a lot.

Remember that women's basketball team that was undefeated forever? Even that ended.

People have been saying that about Alabama football for almost 100 years now. Winning titles isn't a new development here.

Don't lose to Bama.

Are you a bama fan? I have no idea what that means?

Msu is going to win a national championship in basketball this year. Bring it bama!

People have been saying that about Alabama football for almost 100 years now. Winning titles isn't a new development here.
I guess when that's all you have it means a lot more.

We have msu uofm redwings tigers pistons and lions. Must be sad when the bama football season is done

We haven't gone undefeated since 2009. But there have been numerous people who proclaimed The "dynasty" was over for Alabama. But we are still winning. The NCAA playoffs have only had one team make it both years. Only won team in NCAA history has ever won 72 games in 6 years. we might have a losing season after Saban is gone. In 2010 we were ranked #10 in the final AP poll. That was the lowest 7 full seasons and all of this one.

We have msu uofm redwings tigers pistons and lions. Must be sad when the bama football season is done

We have Bama and Auburn. We accounted for 4 BCS Championships in a row. The pro teams are of no interest to me.

Don't lose to Bama.

Are you a bama fan? I have no idea what that means?

Msu is going to win a national championship in basketball this year. Bring it bama!

What do you not understand about someone being a Bama fan? I have been a Bama football fan since the mid 60s when I was a kid. I am also a fan of Alabama gymnastics, baseball, basketball ect ect.

While I believe 4 teams is optimal, I would be more willing to see 6-teams as opposed to 8. However, this introduces the 'unfairness' of a bye for the top two. At the college level this can make a huge difference in outcome. You will then have an ongoing controversy over who gets those two coveted spots and who gets 'knocked down' and has to play one extra game.

No less fair than the NFL format. Which I like.

I think 8 is too many, dilutes the product a bit too much.

Well, as I said, this is NOT the pros and these aren't professional players. ALSO... the pros do not have a committee picking who is seeded for the byes. They all play within a divisional system that is set up to keep things consistent and somewhat balanced. If there is a tie, they have a series of tie-breakers to determine seeding and... only 50% of the teams in the playoffs (other than the Super Bowl) are having to go on the road to play. So I think it WOULD be less fair in college under the current system.

The very first time you implement a six team format with the top two getting a bye week, you will have people screaming and moaning about the two teams the committee selected to get the bye. You will also find that playing that one extra game (on the road) has a huge impact in college. Keep repeating to yourself... THIS IS NOT THE PROS!

These student-athletes are not being paid to play football. They have final exams, they have families, they are already having to play 15 games and pretty much can't lose more than one game and still be in it. After all is said and done and they win their division, they have to play a tough conference championship game, then they have to play (on the road) two more top-ranked teams. Three would really be pushing all boundaries and four would be insane.

As much as we fans might sit around and debate the possibilities of an 8-team grid or even a 6-team grid, there are many complicated problems with such a thing and I don't know that it really improves anything. Honestly and truthfully, I believe this 4-team format is the best possible solution and gives us the best result in determining who is best on the field.

National titles in the last 5 years.

Alabama Football - 2 (might be 3 after this year)
Alabama Gymnastics - 2
Alabama Softball
Alabama Mens Golf - 2
Alabama Womens Golf

Yeah....we're real sad.

Forum List

Back