Code Number 72 / Ben Franklin: Patriot Or Spy?

DudleySmith

Diamond Member
Dec 21, 2020
Anybody remember this book?

Amazon product ASIN 0131394932
I personally don't buy it. I do think he was capable of feeding them intelligence in order to establish a trust in him and use that in negotiations.

It was panned in Early American Literature as 'a literary abortion'.

The author himself has an interesting history, re another book on Viet Nam.

Self-Destruction: The Disintegration and Decay of the United States Army during the Vietnam Era

Amazon product ASIN 0393013464

Last edited:

I personally don't buy it. I do think he was capable of feeding them intelligence in order to establish a trust in him and use that in negotiations.
Did you really pay $8.24 for that? I suspect the late Dr. Cecil B. Currey was just a dick wanting to sell a book, and somebody is wanting to move the hard copies left that did not sell, and that was the hard cover price.

Did you really pay $8.24 for that? I suspect the late Dr. Cecil B. Currey was just a dick wanting to sell a book, and somebody is wanting to move the hard copies left that did not sell, and that was the hard cover price.

I didn't buy it, and haven't read it. It came out in 1968, the second one in 1981. I posted it because I never heard that theory before.

More on it.

Declassified CIA Document Reveals That Ben Franklin (and His Big Ego) Put U.S. National Security at Risk

Currey isn't the only one who thinks so.

I didn't buy it, and haven't read it. It came out in 1968, the second one in 1981. I posted it because I never heard that theory before.
I had not heard it either or of the book itself. I suspect it was his Doctrinal thesis, that he got published. As doctrinal thesis as published books go, I prefer The Teachings of Don Juan: A Yaqui Way of Knowledge was published by the University of California Press in 1968 as a work of anthropology, though it (too) is now widely considered a work of fiction.

You think the Founding Father who helped write the Declaration of Independence and said "we must all hang together or certainly we will hang separately" was a freaking spy? God help us if kids are taught this nonsense.

You think you could learn to read?

More on it.

Declassified CIA Document Reveals That Ben Franklin (and His Big Ego) Put U.S. National Security at Risk

Currey isn't the only one who thinks so.
CIA declassified documents about Benjamin Franklin? The CIA has only been in business since WW2. How long have agents been compiling information about Franklin? This is crazy stuff.

It was panned in Early American Literature as 'a literary abortion'.

The author himself has an interesting history, re another book on Viet Nam.

Self-Destruction: The Disintegration and Decay of the United States Army during the Vietnam Era

Amazon product ASIN 0393013464
If he was he wasn't a very good one. The British lost.

If he was he wasn't a very good one. The British lost.

Or a very good one. If he was a double agent he did a good job, since the British lost. Though that had a lot more to do with France than anything else. Even there he was good at influencing them and getting large sums of money out of them.

CIA declassified documents about Benjamin Franklin? The CIA has only been in business since WW2. How long have agents been compiling information about Franklin? This is crazy stuff.

You think FDR was on Stalin's payroll, speaking of crazy stuff, so glass houses and all that. Besides, the first line of my comments in the OP express my views on this; you need to learn to read.

Forum List

Back