Coal Country Picked Trump. Now, They Want Him To Keep His Promises

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
looks like they are going to get a wake up call on being conned

From West Virginia to Wyoming, coal country overwhelmingly voted for Donald Trump and his message that he will bring coal jobs back. Now, those same voters are eyeing his incoming administration closely, careful to see if he will keep his promises to revive the coal industry and get miners back to work.

These hopes have become increasingly desperate as the industry has floundered. U.S. coal production in 2016 is projected to be at its lowest level since 1978, and over the past few years, the country has lost about 30,000 coal jobs.

The coal industry was so good for appalachia, all that progress and improvement it brought to the region.

Why wouldn't he, shithead?
Because there is no demand for coal whatsoever.

Really?

coal-consumption-by-part-of-world-2014-2-way.png

50 years ago, when I was a teenager, I took part in a scavenger hunt. On the list was a lump of coal. I was the only one to find one. I found it at an abandoned railway station.

Really?

Yeah look at that stagnant U.S. demand. Bringing our jobs back indeed. :rolleyes:

1. Stagnant why? Because of a hostile government? Because of low gas prices? Both or either will change.

2. ANd of course, coal can be exported. Pretty easy to dump a train car of coal into a ship.

This coal thing that Trump promised was one of his most transparent lies. The people in Appalachia are not educated, but I never thought of them as downright stupid, until now.

There would be if not for the Dems SS, the EPA.
Is Trump going to kill natural gas and oil jobs?

Tell me, according to the laws of the free market, what happens to demand when you dramatically increase supply?
Nothing. It's the price that is affected.
When the price collapses because of bunch of coal is being mined that nobody wants or needs, what will happen to the coal jobs?

Do you believe that Trump will massively subsidize the coal industry wih federal funding to create unneeded coal jobs?

looks like they are going to get a wake up call on being conned

From West Virginia to Wyoming, coal country overwhelmingly voted for Donald Trump and his message that he will bring coal jobs back. Now, those same voters are eyeing his incoming administration closely, careful to see if he will keep his promises to revive the coal industry and get miners back to work.

These hopes have become increasingly desperate as the industry has floundered. U.S. coal production in 2016 is projected to be at its lowest level since 1978, and over the past few years, the country has lost about 30,000 coal jobs.

he already has

he promised to keep hillary from becoming prezbo

--LOL

Really?

Yeah look at that stagnant U.S. demand. Bringing our jobs back indeed. :rolleyes:
The EPA stifled the industry. Democrats should not be allowed to vote.
If true, then there should be massive demand because people cannot meet their energy needs! Tell me, how many hours a day is your home without power thanks to the EPA?

There would be if not for the Dems SS, the EPA.
Is Trump going to kill natural gas and oil jobs?

Tell me, according to the laws of the free market, what happens to demand when you dramatically increase supply?
Nothing. It's the price that is affected.
When the price collapses because of bunch of coal is being mined that nobody wants or needs, what will happen to the coal jobs?

Do you believe that Trump will massively subsidize the coal industry wih federal funding to create unneeded coal jobs?

it will get sent over seas and help

lower our trade deficit

Forum List

Back