CO2 Has Almost No Effect on Global Temperature, Says Leading Climate Scientist

Scientists don't start arguments with insults, so we can disqualify you as having any worthwhile opinion on the matter.

No there isn't. The exact opposite. Any immunologist will tell you the best vaccine is to actually GET the infection, people under 65 were at minimal risk of dying from covid anyway, much less kids, and nearly all masks worn were wholly incapable of stopping something as small as a virus, toots. Even the whole 6 foot thing was completely arbitrary. The one thing certain now is that the covid vaccine as offered was nothing but a huge money-making scam without the research or development to make it safe, and thousands paid the price.
Two good friends of mine are dead of the virus. A close relative's career as a pilot was cut short from the cognitive effects of long COVID. Virus particles don't float around by themselves, they are carried in droplets of mucous and sputum from the respiratory tract. And the best masks, when worn only by one person, were only ever given a 20% chance of stopping an infection for contact within 6 feet for more than 5 minutes. Masks on both parties and greater than 6 foot separation was substantially more effective. Your problem is that you seem to think that unless some specific measure can guarantee absolute protection from the disease than it is worthless. The COVID vaccines have saved millions of lives. Your final comment is absolute bullshit. Thousands have not died from the vaccines.

I'm not a scientist, asshole (and neither are you).
Actually, I was a scientist before I retired and at one time worked in a research lab. Still practice and teach science to this day.

I'm just another fool with a computer.
Kinda already knew that. Probably not even a real computer either. But CO2 is a very weak trace gas contributing to the atmosphere's retention of heat and the fact is that climate alarmists ignore other IR storing agents like methane, water vapor, nitrous oxide and ozone, all of which make up less than 1/10th of 1% of out atmosphere.

99% of our air is simple nitrogen and oxygen. If CO2 were so powerful to destroy the planet with a mere extra hundred ppm, life would have never formed much less made it to today.

Two good friends of mine are dead of the virus. A close relative's career as a pilot was cut short from the cognitive effects of long COVID. Virus particles don't float around by themselves, they are carried in droplets of mucous and sputum from the respiratory tract. And the best masks, when worn only by one person, were only ever given a 20% chance of stopping an infection for contact within 6 feet for more than 5 minutes. Masks on both parties and greater than 6 foot separation was substantially more effective. Your problem is that you seem to think that unless some specific measure can guarantee absolute protection from the disease than it is worthless. The COVID vaccines have saved millions of lives. Your final comment is absolute bullshit. Thousands have not died from the vaccines.

Hundreds of thousands have died from the injections.

Actually, I was a scientist before I retired and at one time worked in a research lab. Still practice and teach science to this day.

Kinda already knew that. Probably not even a real computer either. But CO2 is a very weak trace gas contributing to the atmosphere's retention of heat and the fact is that climate alarmists ignore other IR storing agents like methane, water vapor, nitrous oxide and ozone, all of which make up less than 1/10th of 1% of out atmosphere.

99% of our air is simple nitrogen and oxygen. If CO2 were so powerful to destroy the planet with a mere extra hundred ppm, life would have never formed much less made it to today.
BartSimpson.jpg

Peer review is a politicized circle jerk, and you know it.
I know no such thing. And neither do you. You think so because you've read that somewhere, but I'm quite certain you've got about as much familiarity with peer review as a broken fence post.

Add: Just saw your claim to a science background. Sorry, I simply don't believe you.

Hundreds of thousands have had their hearts and reproductive systems poisoned by that snake oil.
This is not the topic of this thread. Besides, I know you don't have a link to anything even vaguely resembling a reliable source for that nonsense.

I know no such thing. And neither do you. You think so because you've read that somewhere, but I'm quite certain you've got about as much familiarity with peer review as a broken fence post.

Add: Just saw your claim to a science background. Sorry, I simply don't believe you.
Yes, I do know....Everyone who has ever submitted papers that run counter to the doomsayer narrative gets immediately blackballed.

It's the same dishonest method used in order that fool college students recieve passing grades....Regurgitate what the professors tell you, and you pass...Submit that which doesn't go along, you fail.

This is not the topic of this thread. Besides, I know you don't have a link to anything even vaguely resembling a reliable source for that nonsense.
Suck on this, death cultist....

• The funny thing OB is that, during the first 600 million or so years after the Earth formed, the Hadeon Eon (Hell), the atmosphere was so toxic and poisonous full of IR storing agents that if CO2 were causing climate change now, life never could have formed, yet it did. Not only did life form, it actually THRIVED on the toxicity in the form of chemoautotrophs.

• Then during the Boring Billion, Earth played it cool until about 600 million years ago during the Ediacaran Period when the Avalon Explosion occurred. Life itself modulated our climate, not pollutants! Or perhaps life itself WAS the pollutant.

• Thus followed the diversification of life, life moving onto land, and ever since, the NORM for the Earth has been cyclic modulation of the climate for a variety of reasons from the hotter, brighter sun and our orbital cycles, and the oscillations of biota itself, including at least five major climate/thermal maximums, and about 13 extinction events including five near total mass extinctions. The last 30-50 million years have been some of the calmest, most hospitable times known. It seems that change is the essential element in renewing life and keeping it strong by forcing adaptation, whereas, staying the same appears to weaken life making it more susceptible to harm.
The so-called climate change that progressives howl about is not only natural and normal as is man, not only are these changes small compared to what the Earth has gone through many times and bound back from each time, in the big picture, it may actually be good and beneficial and necessary, as well as unavoidable.

Yes, I do know....Everyone who has ever submitted papers that run counter to the doomsayer narrative gets immediately blackballed.

Chris Landsea was kicked off the IPCC panel for his views, and he still actively publishes when he's not saving lives at the NHC ... considered one of the foremost experts in hurricanes ...

Try not to get your science news from the National Enquirer ...

The paper has been published by the Global Warming Policy Foundation (GWPF) and is written by meteorologist William Kininmonth, a former consultant to the World Meteorological Organisation’s Commission for Climatology and former head of the Australian Government’s National Climate Centre. Kininmonth argues that the oceans are the “vital inertial and thermal flywheels” of the climate system. If one wants to control climate, it will be necessary to control the oceans, he argues. “Efforts to decarbonise in the hope of affecting global temperatures will be in vain,” he adds.

Entirely and completely wrong.
Oceans simply are large thermal masses.
They have NOTHING to do with solar energy coming in or the boundry layer of the upper atmosphere where solar energy goes out.

What controls the amount of solar heat retained by the earth is entirely the composition of the boundry layer of the upper atmosphere.
Carbon converts photonic solar radiation into vibratory heat.
Photonic solar radiation can leave the atmosphere into space.
Vibratory heat can NOT leave the atmosphere into space.

This is simple physics, and Kininmonth either has to be a total moron, or was misquoted.

Not "qualified" to conduct research with a Masters? View attachment 702312 Oh that's ripe, Crock!!!

ANYONE can conduct research, even a truck driver with a HS diploma. It's up to the scientific community then to determine whether his methods were sound and his conclusions valid and verifiable.

But thanks for thinking like a bonehead elitist more concerned with privilege and protection rather than science.
Crick believes you have to be "qualified" to conduct research. Apparently there is some government license for doing it.

You don't know it because you're an utterly gullible fool.

Wrong.
The infectiousness and lethality of covid are nearly identical to those of seasonal flu.
Both of which kill about 30,000 a month commonly.
So then what has caused covid to kill so many more is that we won't let it end.
When you "flatten the curve", you conserve easy hosts, so then it can't be stopped by herd immunity.
Historically is it herd immunity that ended all epidemics.
But herd immunity relies on the virus running out of hosts who have not already obtained recovery immunity.
And by "flatting the curve", we ensure there was always lots of easy hosts who has no immunity.
That is because they did not catch it an recover, and the vaccines are totally and complete fakes that given no immunity at all.

And yes, several thousand did die from these mRNA fake vaccines.
They are injected into arm muscle, and are intended to make our own cells grow spike proteins.
But if they get into the blood steam, then where ever they end up will grow spike proteins and be attack by our own immune system. And if that is the heart or brain, you die. It is gets to capillaries, you might just need amputations.

Horsefeathers ... weather is what we're discussing ... specifically weather averages ... the typical dynamic meteorologist can speak as an expert climatologist ... the two fields are inseparable ...

Wrong.
Weather has NOTHING at all to do with global warming.

For example, global warming is melting glaciers in Greenland.
Phase change remains the same temperature while ice absorbs heat when it melts.
That dumps lots of fresh water into the Atlantic Ocean Gulf Stream.
Since fresh water is lighter than the salty Gulf Stream, the Gulf Stream is forced down beneath the main currents.
That prevents the Gulf Steam from warming Europe, so Europe will drop in temperature by over 10 degree.

So global warming will result in colder weather in Europe.

They do hold a lot of heat. Are they currently absorbing or releasing heat?

They are always doing both, but neither has anything at all to do with whether the planet warms or cools.
Assuming the incoming solar energy has not changed, then the only factor that matters is whether or not the amount of heat leaving is changing.
And carbon is what changes the amount of heat that can leave.

Compare the Earth with Venus, where there are a number of elements in the atmosphere that prevent solar energy from leaving.
So Venus is in a runaway global warming state, where the surface temperature is about 900 degrees.
Incoming solar heat can not easily leave, so accumulates.

Forum List

Back