CNN's Jake Tapper calls Biden's rejection of Army’s after-action report on Afghanistan 'insulting'

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
Even Jake Tapper sees the truth.

...​
"Yes, I am." Biden said. "I’m rejecting them."​
Despite the report, he also insisted that he was not told about the degree to which the White House was prepared to remove troops in Afghanistan and instead argued "there was no good time to get out."​
This answer did not appear to satisfy Tapper.
"It’s difficult to overstate how insulting Biden’s sweeping rejection is to so many service members and veterans," Tapper said.
"Given the full content of the two-thousand pages of documents and this U.S. Army investigation which CNN has also obtained, many accounts are from troops who were on the ground at the gates near the canal around the airport, non-commissioned officers, junior officers, Joes, people with little political motivation to lie and heavy legal and moral obligation to tell the truth in sworn statements," he added.
I don’t doubt that President Biden cares, but I do not understand why he would not manifest that care into taking this investigation more seriously, absorbing the tragic details, contemplating the obvious failures of his administration, failures that cost lives," Tapper said.

Last edited:
His to accept or reject as is any tactical report of a military operation. Does not change anything, either way and will not be incorporated into any ongoing Afghanistan mission. Believe what you like. Parts of that report sounded like ass covering and making excuses to me. My eval doesn't matter either, even if I did read and write after action reports for 20 years.

His to accept or reject as is any tactical report of a military operation. Does not change anything, either way and will not be incorporated into any ongoing Afghanistan mission. Believe what you like. Parts of that report sounded like ass covering and making excuses to me. My eval doesn't matter either, even if I did read and write after action reports for 20 years.
Your defense of Brandon is admirable, but this really about a liberal media outlet questioning Brandon's capability.

Your defense of Brandon is admirable, but this really about a liberal media outlet questioning Brandon's capability.
That is not a defense. He has screwed up a lot since day one on many things. There were things, I just did not agree with in that after action report. Things that reflected poorly on the Commander on the ground as well as the commander in chief. If accurate it reflects as bad or worse for the Commander on the ground. I would not have written or signed that report. Some principles go as far as your military career go. Someone else said of the report, Milley would and should eat ass and I understood why.

That is not a defense. He has screwed up a lot since day one on many things. There were things, I just did not agree with in that after action report. Things that reflected poorly on the Commander on the ground as well as the commander in chief. If accurate it reflects as bad or worse for the Commander on the ground. I would not have written or signed that report. Some principles go as far as your military career go. Someone else said of the report, Milley would and should eat ass and I understood why.
Clearly you still miss the point Trapper is making.

Those reports made it up the chain and could have been rejected at many levels and required revision before being accepted. There are issues up and down the the chain of command if that's the case.

Even Jake Tapper sees the truth.

...​
"Yes, I am." Biden said. "I’m rejecting them."​
Despite the report, he also insisted that he was not told about the degree to which the White House was prepared to remove troops in Afghanistan and instead argued "there was no good time to get out."​
This answer did not appear to satisfy Tapper.
"It’s difficult to overstate how insulting Biden’s sweeping rejection is to so many service members and veterans," Tapper said.
"Given the full content of the two-thousand pages of documents and this U.S. Army investigation which CNN has also obtained, many accounts are from troops who were on the ground at the gates near the canal around the airport, non-commissioned officers, junior officers, Joes, people with little political motivation to lie and heavy legal and moral obligation to tell the truth in sworn statements," he added.
I don’t doubt that President Biden cares, but I do not understand why he would not manifest that care into taking this investigation more seriously, absorbing the tragic details, contemplating the obvious failures of his administration, failures that cost lives," Tapper said.

Sounds like the DNC needs to take Jake Tapper out to the woodshed and remind him that Democrats are never held accountable for lying to the public, no matter how obvious it is.

Clearly you still miss the point Trapper is making.

Those reports made it up the chain and could have been rejected at many levels and required revision before being accepted. There are issues up and down the the chain of command if that's the case.
I guess I trust me more than Tapper. This was the report from the commander on the ground, his assessment of the operation he was in charge of. Nobody can make you change your report if you if that is what you choose to write. If staff writes the report, as is usually the case, the Commanding General's signature goes on it when he approves it, and it is his report. Above your level, they can eat your ass or never promote you again, but they cannot change it. They can request revision, but not order it revised. If it is the report you are willing and determined to go with, that's it.

You have got to be kidding---Biden's stupidity which has been well documented has caused the lives of many people over his Afghanistan stance. You refuse to admit the obvious.

I guess I trust me more than Tapper. This was the report from the commander on the ground, his assessment of the operation he was in charge of. Nobody can make you change your report if you if that is what you choose to write. If staff writes the report, as is usually the case, the Commanding General's signature goes on it when he approves it, and it is his report. Above your level, they can eat your ass or never promote you again, but they cannot change it. They can request revision, but not order it revised. If it is the report you are willing and determined to go with, that's it.
The content of the report is secondary, the main point is the response. You folks are funny though. You can see Orange Man Bad in every shadow but turn away from liberal criticism of your boy Biden.

You have got to be kidding---Biden's stupidity which has been well documented has caused the lives of many people over his Afghanistan stance. You refuse to admit the obvious.
Not kidding. Delaying the shut down of state department operation there was definitely a wrong move and a fk up. The parts I was reading Thursday or Friday was talking about interference from white house other than Biden, state department officials and even Mrs. Biden in the form of requests interjected into the withdrawal mission, that made it into parts of the report that got leaked. That is what I was referring to. Righteous Fk ups are righteous fk ups, but accepting requests that are not logged in with a time/date stamp, not coming from your superior or thru your superior in the middle of a mission is bad medicine, your personal call on how and whether handled, and not to be part of an after action report. Blaming superior for public consumption is rarely a good idea. So is declassifying after action reviews, reports or summaries to the general public. Yes, I am not surprised Joe kept State there too long, but the bottom line is the 124,000 plus they got out of there with the threat of coming under fire, with overall, very low losses except by a suicide bomber. A pullout like that won't ever be pretty. That commander knew it. Joe knew. Heck, I haven't set foot in a Corp or SINC HQ in over 27 years and I knew it. I am still glad we are out. Crap like this report is the stuff of War College, Command and General Staff School and some Advance courses, not the public forum for d#ckheads like CNN's Jake Tapper, who has been criticized on this board any number of times as a talking head d#ckhead.
Not making excuses for Joe, just saying how I see the declassified portions of an official report, I haven't seen.

Forum List

Back