CNN ratings explode during rioting on Friday among 25-54, Tuckers numbers go down significantly. Can anyone explain?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Unbelievable what a good riot can do for CNN's numbers. Tuckers numbers took the biggest hit from it's normal spot, losing large to Anderson Vanderbilt Cooper. This wasn't the case on any other day of the week.

Can anyone explain these numbers? Are they a major typo from adweek? They seem awfully out of whack and as a data guy, I have to wonder why this would be so skewed to CNN when the rest of the week it wasn't.

Friday, May 29 Scoreboard: CNN Is No. 1 Among Adults 25-54, Fox News Is Most-Watched For Coverage of George Floyd Murder Protests

FNC:CNN:MSNBC:
4PMCavuto:
Tapper:
News:
5PMFive:
Blitzer:
MTP Daily:
6PMBaier:
Blitzer:
Melber:
7PMMacCallum:
Burnett:
News:
8PMCarlson:
Cooper:
Hayes:
9PMHannity:
Cuomo:
Maddow:
10PMIngraham:
Lemon:
O’Donnell:
11PMBream:
Lemon:
Williams:

Tucker tends to get caught up in talking about stuff, while CNN was showing more live footage of the riots, lootings, and burnings. I usually watch FOX News but actually switched it over to CNN alot, just to watch the live feeds.

Tucker tends to get caught up in talking about stuff, while CNN was showing more live footage of the riots, lootings, and burnings. I usually watch FOX News but actually switched it over to CNN alot, just to watch the live feeds.
Tucker was on fire last night...Caught the repost on YouTube before going to bed....I don't believe that his ratings are down.

Unbelievable what a good riot can do for CNN's numbers. Tuckers numbers took the biggest hit from it's normal spot, losing large to Anderson Vanderbilt Cooper. This wasn't the case on any other day of the week.

Can anyone explain these numbers? Are they a major typo from adweek? They seem awfully out of whack and as a data guy, I have to wonder why this would be so skewed to CNN when the rest of the week it wasn't.

Friday, May 29 Scoreboard: CNN Is No. 1 Among Adults 25-54, Fox News Is Most-Watched For Coverage of George Floyd Murder Protests

FNC:CNN:MSNBC:
4PMCavuto:
Tapper:
News:
5PMFive:
Blitzer:
MTP Daily:
6PMBaier:
Blitzer:
Melber:
7PMMacCallum:
Burnett:
News:
8PMCarlson:
Cooper:
Hayes:
9PMHannity:
Cuomo:
Maddow:
10PMIngraham:
Lemon:
O’Donnell:
11PMBream:
Lemon:
Williams:

Could be many a normie tuning I n for the carnage and comedy of CNN

Like when they're insisting the protest aren't unruly as bottles are tossed at em

Hell I tuned in hoping to see a station being stormed live on air

You are probably right, I was just about to update my original post, as I think Fox were slower to show the actual events and stuck to their regular program with the odd video clip of what was going on if I remember correctly.

It appears that violence and mayhem sells, or more the presentation of the reality as it unfolds. Sort of like watching a car wreck, something I wouldn't normally do, but I admit, I have to watch the riots even as it disgusts me to see. It's reality we are living in.

'If it bleeds, it leads' is the oldest axiom in journalism. I suspect CNN's increase reflects non-regular viewers looking for news. FOX viewers aren't looking for news.

Tucker was on fire last night...Caught the repost on YouTube before going to bed....I don't believe that his ratings are down.

Tuckers criticism of Trump last night was uncalled for, especially his fake allegation that somehow Trump, with the help of his liberal son in law Kushner (I do agree, Jared is more of a political liability to Trump than he knows), is letting prisoners get out of jail free card.

The First Step Act is reasonable for the consideration of some who are not threats to society anymore and have paid their dues. In fact, it's this law that will allow Trump to go after Biden regarding Trump basically having to free so many Americans who have been in prison for decades thanks to Bidens voting on the former law that threw so many in prison. So, it's a positive morally and politically for Trump and the GOP.

I remember hearing about the "three strikes and you're out" being enacted in the U.S as a young man and I recall a report about people committing three relatively minor, non-violent crimes, including one where a guy literally shoplifted something from a local store as his third strike and being given a 30 year sentence or something. That's about as knee jerk a reaction as any president (Clinton) could have, you don't just apply the law in such an unbalanced manner than doesn't take into account the circumstances or gravity of the crime.

Talk about making it easy for some to set people up for lifetime time in a prison. To me, as much as I respect the U.S system, it's disgusting and morbid. Biden will have to answer for this when Trump debates him, and Trump can point to the First Step Act as a repeal of Bidens cruel belief of "justice".

It's why CNN and others try so hard to paint Trump as racist and an enemy to minority communities, they know he was making inroads. It's always why I suggest he not go full blown Strong Man when dealing with these riots. Call out the differences between protesters and rioters, call out ANTIFA and investigate them, be firm in your resolve to protect innocent civilians, but don't put yourself in a position to be demonized for not caring about the injustices that some have experienced at the hands of authorities.

Winning the election and taking down China is more important than appeasing some rabid guys who only talk a good game but if they were in power would allow America to be run over and exploited by foreign adversaries.

Tuckers criticism of Trump last night was uncalled for, especially his fake allegation that somehow Trump, with the help of his liberal son in law Kushner (I do agree, Jared is more of a political liability to Trump than he knows), is letting prisoners get out of jail free card.

The First Step Act is reasonable for the consideration of some who are not threats to society anymore and have paid their dues. In fact, it's this law that will allow Trump to go after Biden regarding Trump basically having to free so many Americans who have been in prison for decades thanks to Bidens voting on the former law that threw so many in prison. So, it's a positive morally and politically for Trump and the GOP.

I remember hearing about the "three strikes and you're out" being enacted in the U.S as a young man and I recall a report about people committing three relatively minor, non-violent crimes, including one where a guy literally shoplifted something from a local store as his third strike and being given a 30 year sentence of something. That's about as knee jerk a reaction as any president (Clinton) could have.

Talk about making it easy for some to set people up for lifetime time in a prison. To me, as much as I respect the U.S system, it's disgusting and morbid. Biden will have to answer for this when Trump debates him, and Trump can point to the First Step Act as a repeal of Bidens cruel belief of "justice".

It's why CNN and others try so hard to paint Trump as racist and an enemy to minority communities, they know he was making inroads. It's always why I suggest he not go full blown Strong Man when dealing with these riots. Call out the differences between protesters and rioters, call out ANTIFA and investigate them, be firm in your resolve to protect innocent civilians, but don't put yourself in a position to be demonized for not caring about the injustices that some have experienced at the hands of authorities.

Winning the election and taking down China is more important than appeasing some rabid guys who only talk a good game but if they were in power would allow America to be run over and exploited by foreign adversaries.

Criticism of Trump is always called for....Especially when it's true (which most of the moonbat complaints around this dump are not).....While I generally agree with Trump's prison reform effort, numerous seriously bad actors have been released, which Tucker has also covered from time to time.

Kushner is a cancer and I've said so from day one.

Last edited:
Sure...everyone wanted to see the CNN HQ being mobbed by rioters last Friday...so they were hoping to see more of the same BS.

1591106766728.png

1591106794562.png

You are probably right, I was just about to update my original post, as I think Fox were slower to show the actual events and stuck to their regular program with the odd video clip of what was going on if I remember correctly.

It appears that violence and mayhem sells, or more the presentation of the reality as it unfolds. Sort of like watching a car wreck, something I wouldn't normally do, but I admit, I have to watch the riots even as it disgusts me to see. It's reality we are living in.
CNN is always the live coverage channel to go to when there is a disaster. Remember the disappearing airliner? The Charlie Abdo terrorists being chased and cornered in France? The mass shootings? CNN is always there first.

Unfortunately, this continual coverage, rerunning their juiciest violent clips, by all the networks agitated a whole 'nother group of violence seekers. You read the threads here this weekend. I was wondering if this was ever going to calm down.

Hard to get rioting gather points if they don't give the information. Can just see it, a lone looter showing up.

Forum List

Back