CNN Needs A Lot Of Change!

JimofPennsylvan

Platinum Member
Jun 6, 2007
CNN has a new leader Mark Thompson who has been hired to turn the cable news outlet around and it is a daunting task for prime time viewership at CNN doesn't even register half the numbers of competitors MSNBC and FOX; here is some suggestions from a longtime fan Of CNN. Viewers of news channels want hard news they want to be informed about things they don't want to watch news program that are largely commentary about current events; CNN these days especially its evening programs are chock full of commentary it is overdone on commentary. Another major problem with CNN is that politically they are MSNBC light; politically FOX news is far right and MSNBC is far left, CNN is supposed to be politically neutral they are supposed to offer journalism the way it is supposed to be done but their reality is they are left wing. In part it probably somewhat stems from the Donald Trump presidency where it was patently obvious they were anti-Trump but even today they are not fair and balanced when they have panels the Republican commentator(s) is(are) an establishment Republican even the former Trump staffers that appear on CNN are now establishment Republicans. Establishment Republicans want to move past Trump they want Trump to go away, Trump undermines their globalist economic model ideology and Trump is a populist where establishment Republicans prioritizes right wing ideology over populist policy initiatives. Trump is on track to be the Republican Presidential nominee for 2024 that means CNN panels should have MAGA Republicans on them if you want to have one establishment Republican fine but the establishment Republicans are out of power in the Republican Party and so CNN needs to treat that faction of the Republican Party accordingly.

CNN needs to get back to its roots of providing hard news and hitting a variety of subject; legacy network news programs still do this and CNN needs to get back to this. Further, CNN needs to get away from largely having entire programs on one subject. For example, CNN had almost entire programs on Hurricane Idalia, the most coverage they should have had on this was twenty minutes in an hour program, I know Idalia wiped out some businesses and homes in Florida and that is terrible if I had a magic wand I would use it to unwarm the planet and stop these destructive hurricanes but the reality is that Hurricanes like Idalia (category two to three er's) are commonplace in America these days it doesn't deserve fully dominating a news program. Another thing CNN should be very careful about repeating entire news pieces over and over again viewers watch CNN for multiple hours straight it disincentivizes this type of viewership when CNN repeats pieces in their entirety it is okay to repeat the essences of pieces over and over but add some new news reward long period viewers. CNN don't just hit headline news subjects offer some depth good journalism calls for like CNN should have pieces on subject like Visa and Mastercard are upping their fees they charge merchants CNN Journalists should have microphones in members of Congress's face asking why isn't America like Europe where the government regulates the fee charge and it is much much lower than America's or at least why doesn't Congress enact into law the bill that will allow Merchants to use other credit card processing systems besides VISA and Mastercard. There is a ton of stories that CNN could be doing which deal with impacts on people's lives.

CNN needs to stop with this programming format especially in their morning programs where they have the hosts standing and walking around the studio, it is annoying and distracting a lot. As a viewer I don't care if a CNN host has a great shape I don't need to see their great profile if I wanted to see such things I would watch reruns of Baywatch. And then you have some hosts who haven't lost the child in them and they walk briskly toward the other host like they are going to run into them but then barely avoid hitting them; boy I hope they never move Ed Lavandera to be a host of a morning program cause one of these hosts that likes to play chicken is going to make a miscalculation and hit Ed and then have to go the emergency room. News host sitting behind tables has worked for eighty years in America, why do we need to change this?

I stopped watching CNN when they had that Town Hall with Trump, hosted by Kaitlin Collins. They've lost me for good. They sucked before that, with their incompetents like Dana Bash, and their Trumper panelists like Rick Santorum and Jeffrey Lord. Now that they've re-hired Jeffrey Toobin they have demonstrated that they are no longer trustworthy.

I hope they make better use of paragraphs....Jeez.

The one thing I was able to dig out of that mess was CNN spending too much time on one subject.

I believe that started in earnest with the Malaysian Air Flight 370 mystery.....And they never got better.

Once upon a very long time ago, they existed to report news.

Along the way, they elected to become a far left propaganda ministry.

What they need is to stop allowing their talking heads to engage in one sided expressions of devotion to “liberalism.”

It may be difficult to root out all of their political biases. But they need to try. They are light years away from their original mission. They suck ass.

I stopped watching CNN when they had that Town Hall with Trump, hosted by Kaitlin Collins. They've lost me for good.
Why's that racist? Fraid you might actually LEARN something?

Now that they've re-hired Jeffrey Toobin they have demonstrated that they are no longer trustworthy.
Right, racist, you can't trust anyone who might give you BOTH sides of the story!

CNN has a new leader Mark Thompson who has been hired to turn the cable news outlet around and it is a daunting task for prime time viewership at CNN doesn't even register half the numbers of competitors MSNBC and FOX; here is some suggestions from a longtime fan Of CNN. Viewers of news channels want hard news they want to be informed about things they don't want to watch news program that are largely commentary about current events; CNN these days especially its evening programs are chock full of commentary it is overdone on commentary. Another major problem with CNN is that politically they are MSNBC light; politically FOX news is far right and MSNBC is far left, CNN is supposed to be politically neutral they are supposed to offer journalism the way it is supposed to be done but their reality is they are left wing. In part it probably somewhat stems from the Donald Trump presidency where it was patently obvious they were anti-Trump but even today they are not fair and balanced when they have panels the Republican commentator(s) is(are) an establishment Republican even the former Trump staffers that appear on CNN are now establishment Republicans. Establishment Republicans want to move past Trump they want Trump to go away, Trump undermines their globalist economic model ideology and Trump is a populist where establishment Republicans prioritizes right wing ideology over populist policy initiatives. Trump is on track to be the Republican Presidential nominee for 2024 that means CNN panels should have MAGA Republicans on them if you want to have one establishment Republican fine but the establishment Republicans are out of power in the Republican Party and so CNN needs to treat that faction of the Republican Party accordingly.

CNN needs to get back to its roots of providing hard news and hitting a variety of subject; legacy network news programs still do this and CNN needs to get back to this. Further, CNN needs to get away from largely having entire programs on one subject. For example, CNN had almost entire programs on Hurricane Idalia, the most coverage they should have had on this was twenty minutes in an hour program, I know Idalia wiped out some businesses and homes in Florida and that is terrible if I had a magic wand I would use it to unwarm the planet and stop these destructive hurricanes but the reality is that Hurricanes like Idalia (category two to three er's) are commonplace in America these days it doesn't deserve fully dominating a news program. Another thing CNN should be very careful about repeating entire news pieces over and over again viewers watch CNN for multiple hours straight it disincentivizes this type of viewership when CNN repeats pieces in their entirety it is okay to repeat the essences of pieces over and over but add some new news reward long period viewers. CNN don't just hit headline news subjects offer some depth good journalism calls for like CNN should have pieces on subject like Visa and Mastercard are upping their fees they charge merchants CNN Journalists should have microphones in members of Congress's face asking why isn't America like Europe where the government regulates the fee charge and it is much much lower than America's or at least why doesn't Congress enact into law the bill that will allow Merchants to use other credit card processing systems besides VISA and Mastercard. There is a ton of stories that CNN could be doing which deal with impacts on people's lives.

CNN needs to stop with this programming format especially in their morning programs where they have the hosts standing and walking around the studio, it is annoying and distracting a lot. As a viewer I don't care if a CNN host has a great shape I don't need to see their great profile if I wanted to see such things I would watch reruns of Baywatch. And then you have some hosts who haven't lost the child in them and they walk briskly toward the other host like they are going to run into them but then barely avoid hitting them; boy I hope they never move Ed Lavandera to be a host of a morning program cause one of these hosts that likes to play chicken is going to make a miscalculation and hit Ed and then have to go the emergency room. News host sitting behind tables has worked for eighty years in America, why do we need to change this?
Of course, I have to find the needle in the haystack. Fox is not "far" right. Were do you get that idea from? There are far right commentators on Fox. But, there are also far left as well and a lot of libertarians as well as deep state Bush Rhinos. I take it that you don't watch them.

CNN needs to just fold. So does MSLSD.

What they need is to stop allowing their talking heads to engage in one sided expressions of devotion to “liberalism.”

It may be difficult to root out all of their political biases. But they need to try. They are light years away from their original mission. They suck ass.
CNN was a real news show when Ted Turner created it. Now CNN stands as a great example of how Democrats destroy everything they touch.

I’m sure they’re crushed.
Me and a lot of other Liberals, i.e. patriotic Americans, have completely quit CNN, greatly hurting their ratings, so yea, I do think they are crushed. They got no ratings from wingnuts who want to hear what they already want to believe, rather than the actual news or anything that will hurt their little feeeewings, the whiny snowflakes.

Where are your posts telling FOX to drop Hannity, Horseface, and Failed Comedian?

You're just a fucking hypocrite, Liability.

Right, racist, you can't trust anyone who might give you BOTH sides of the story!
I don't want to watch someone give legal analysis who jerks off on camera with his co-workers watching.

I. Am. Not. A. Trump. Supporter!

Forum List

Back