Clinton: FBI director was 'speculating'

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Wow nice Mrs. Tuzla is calling Comey a liar? Really? After what he did for her? Wow. BTW Mrs. Tuzla Comey never said your server was hacked. I don't think most hacker log in so you can know they were there. Could have been hacked is what he said. BTW2, Mrs Tuzla it really doesn't matter if it was actually hacked it very easily could have been.

So democrats are now saying Comey lied. The leader of the party is saying Comey lied. Wow.

Hillary Clinton broke her silence on the FBI's investigation into her email system Friday, arguing FBI Director James Comey had simply been "speculating" when he testified before Congress that her private server was likely hacked by hostile agents.

"I just believed that the material that was being communicated by professionals ... they did not believe that it was [classified]," Clinton said during an interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer. "I did not have a basis for second-guessing their conclusion and these [emails] were not marked. They were not marked."

Clinton's claim that nothing on her server was marked classified, which she repeated in a subsequent interview with NBC's Lester Holt Friday, was a direct contradiction to Comey's statement that his agents had indeed discovered three emails that bore classification markings.

Even though he exonerated her, Comey obviously embellished his testimony against Hillary. State Department is re-investigating and will likely clarify some of his embellishments.

Comey said a lot of things and exoneration of Mrs. Tuzla wasn't one of those things. He showed everyone that everything that the left said about her emails was a LIE. Hardly an exoneration.

Plus Comey didn't say she was hacked but as the director of the FBI he would never tell us if it were hacked. He pretty much did say it was but not quite.

She's dirty and Comey and the whole orchstated affair has set the country down a very bad road.

Time to rise up white American and vote out Mrs. Tuzla.

Wow nice Mrs. Tuzla is calling Comey a liar? Really? After what he did for her? Wow. BTW Mrs. Tuzla Comey never said your server was hacked. I don't think most hacker log in so you can know they were there. Could have been hacked is what he said. BTW2, Mrs Tuzla it really doesn't matter if it was actually hacked it very easily could have been.

So democrats are now saying Comey lied. The leader of the party is saying Comey lied. Wow.

Hillary Clinton broke her silence on the FBI's investigation into her email system Friday, arguing FBI Director James Comey had simply been "speculating" when he testified before Congress that her private server was likely hacked by hostile agents.

"I just believed that the material that was being communicated by professionals ... they did not believe that it was [classified]," Clinton said during an interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer. "I did not have a basis for second-guessing their conclusion and these [emails] were not marked. They were not marked."

Clinton's claim that nothing on her server was marked classified, which she repeated in a subsequent interview with NBC's Lester Holt Friday, was a direct contradiction to Comey's statement that his agents had indeed discovered three emails that bore classification markings.

Hillary Clinton's problems were the same as Colin Powell's. None of the emails were marked Classified at the time they received them. They were marked classified by inter agencies within the State department sometimes long after they had received them for one reason or another.
State Department: Colin Powell, Condoleezza Rice staffers received classified info via personal email - CNNPolitics.com

Hillary Clinton has repeatedly requested that the 22 emails in question be released to the public, which should indicate to anyone with half a brain there is nothing in them to get real excited about.

No one knows if Hillary Clinton's server was hacked. It was a Senior IT staffer working at the State Department that set up and maintained her server. One would think that a Senior IT staffer working at the state department would have known that it was against protocol to set one up for her, but apparently he didn't. I imagine it was because he had done others and it was never an issue until now. Of course he received FBI immunity to save his own ass.

You might want to take a look at the supposedly secure Government servers that have been hacked.
List of hacked government agencies grows: State Department, White House, NOAA & USPS

I don't believe there's any server that can't be hacked today. Someone with a lot of knowledge, expertise, patience and willing to face some serious jail time is always out there.

Last edited:
Seems that Hillary's deletions of emails, calendar events and other activities were designed to protect her from prosecution and this is evidence of criminal intent.

Hillary Clinton's problems were the same as Colin Powell's. None of the emails were marked Classified at the time they received them.

Three of the emails were marked, dude.
no, it's coming out that these 3 were not marked properly....

All they were, were 3 emails that discussed what time she was going to arrange for a phone call with her diplomats.

I think all of the congress critters on the R side should have their emails searched on all of their devices and all of their personal email accounts!

Let the fun begin!!!

Even though he exonerated her, Comey obviously embellished his testimony against Hillary. State Department is re-investigating and will likely clarify some of his embellishments.

Freewill, I watched Comey's initial statement explaining his decision, and I watched most of his testimony before Chaffetz. He DID speculate, although I respect his opinion. I cannot quote but I know he said that "probably" some 'bad actors' hacked Hillary's Emails. He is too careful with his words to not know exactly what that means. "Probably" means speculation. But like Issa, Gowdy, Chaffetz, I do not expect any Republican to quit beating dead horses. And I believe Comey did his honorable best and deserves praise, not scorn, from either side for his conclusion. He clearly came to a conclusion he did not wish to admit. And he didn't let Hillary off the hook for carelessness which was probably the result of arrogance. People of conscience are rare these day. We need all we can get, so lets encourage him, not kill the messenger or take out our petulance for hearing the words we didn't want to hear.

Freewill, I watched Comey's initial statement explaining his decision, and I watched most of his testimony before Chaffetz. He DID speculate, although I respect his opinion. I cannot quote but I know he said that "probably" some 'bad actors' hacked Hillary's Emails. He is too careful with his words to not know exactly what that means. "Probably" means speculation. But like Issa, Gowdy, Chaffetz, I do not expect any Republican to quit beating dead horses. And I believe Comey did his honorable best and deserves praise, not scorn, from either side for his conclusion. He clearly came to a conclusion he did not wish to admit. And he didn't let Hillary off the hook for carelessness which was probably the result of arrogance. People of conscience are rare these day. We need all we can get, so lets encourage him, not kill the messenger or take out our petulance for hearing the words we didn't want to hear.

Here is what he actually said:

"With respect to potential computer intrusion by hostile actors, we did not find direct evidence that Secretary Clinton’s personal e-mail domain, in its various configurations since 2009, was successfully hacked. But, given the nature of the system and of the actors potentially involved, we assess that we would be unlikely to see such direct evidence. We do assess that hostile actors gained access to the private commercial e-mail accounts of people with whom Secretary Clinton was in regular contact from her personal account. We also assess that Secretary Clinton’s use of a personal e-mail domain was both known by a large number of people and readily apparent. She also used her personal e-mail extensively while outside the United States, including sending and receiving work-related e-mails in the territory of sophisticated adversaries. Given that combination of factors, we assess it is possible that hostile actors gained access to Secretary Clinton’s personal e-mail account."

Where did he say probably? It sounds as if he laid out the evidence and now you can decide. As the ex-CIA agents said, she put lives in danger.

My problem with Comey. 10 minutes of why she was guilty then a statement that no reasonable prosecutor would bring the case. That is not his job. Do you remember this ever happening in the past?

I question the timing. Why the day before Obama goes on tour with Mrs. Tuzla? Why not the day after? Why did he say the decision was unanimous yet he admitted to not talking to all the agents? He wasn't even sure how many interviewed her.

And if you are a B movie fan he is exactly the kind of guy one would want for a cover up. I am not saying he was in on a conspiracy but the timing in my opinion is very suspect. He went above and beyond his station. He should have presented the evidence to the DOJ and let them decide to bring or not bring the case. What he did was let the DOJ and Obama off the hook. He did it for political reasons regardless of what he says, nothing else makes sense.

And no, I am not going to ignore what he said and did because people tell me he is some sort of straight shooter.

Here, for future reference: Statement by FBI Director James B. Comey on the Investigation of Secretary Hillary Clinton’s Use of a Personal E-Mail System

Hillary Clinton's problems were the same as Colin Powell's. None of the emails were marked Classified at the time they received them. They were marked classified by inter agencies within the State department sometimes long after they had received them for one reason or another.
State Department: Colin Powell, Condoleezza Rice staffers received classified info via personal email - CNNPolitics.com

Hillary Clinton has repeatedly requested that the 22 emails in question be released to the public, which should indicate to anyone with half a brain there is nothing in them to get real excited about.

No one knows if Hillary Clinton's server was hacked. It was a Senior IT staffer working at the State Department that set up and maintained her server. One would think that a Senior IT staffer working at the state department would have known that it was against protocol to set one up for her, but apparently he didn't. I imagine it was because he had done others and it was never an issue until now. Of course he received FBI immunity to save his own ass.

You might want to take a look at the supposedly secure Government servers that have been hacked.
List of hacked government agencies grows: State Department, White House, NOAA & USPS

I don't believe there's any server that can't be hacked today. Someone with a lot of knowledge, expertise, patience and willing to face some serious jail time is always out there.

It doesn't matter if they were marked classified or not that is what Comey did say.

Comey has hurt himself by trying to hurt Hillary with his speculating comments

Can you quote what he speculated about? What did you want him to say? That her server was well protected by 24/7 security experts? When in fact it was not? You want him to say that her server was less vulnerable to hacking then g-mail? Who does have 24/7 security experts? As the ex-CIA agent said, she put lives at risk.

But here is the transcript please show the speculation, other then the statement that no reasonable prosecutor would bring the case to trial. That is what grand juries are suppose to decide.

Statement by FBI Director James B. Comey on the Investigation of Secretary Hillary Clinton’s Use of a Personal E-Mail System

Hillary Clinton's problems were the same as Colin Powell's. None of the emails were marked Classified at the time they received them.

Three of the emails were marked, dude.

That's true. But what is also true is that the classified e-mails were in chains, so unless you read the entire chain, you wouldn't know that a classified message existed.

"With respect to potential computer intrusion by hostile actors, we did not find direct evidence that Secretary Clinton’s personal e-mail domain, in its various configurations since 2009, was successfully hacked. But, given the nature of the system and of the actors potentially involved, we assess that we would be unlikely to see such direct evidence. We do assess that hostile actors gained access to the private commercial e-mail accounts of people with whom Secretary Clinton was in regular contact from her personal account. We also assess that Secretary Clinton’s use of a personal e-mail domain was both known by a large number of people and readily apparent. She also used her personal e-mail extensively while outside the United States, including sending and receiving work-related e-mails in the territory of sophisticated adversaries. Given that combination of factors, we assess it is possible that hostile actors gained access to Secretary Clinton’s personal e-mail account."

Where did he say probably? It sounds as if he laid out the evidence and now you can decide. As the ex-CIA agents said, she put lives in danger.

My problem with Comey. 10 minutes of why she was guilty then a statement that no reasonable prosecutor would bring the case. That is not his job. Do you remember this ever happening in the past?

I question the timing. Why the day before Obama goes on tour with Mrs. Tuzla? Why not the day after? Why did he say the decision was unanimous yet he admitted to not talking to all the agents? He wasn't even sure how many interviewed her.

And if you are a B movie fan he is exactly the kind of guy one would want for a cover up. I am not saying he was in on a conspiracy but the timing in my opinion is very suspect. He went above and beyond his station. He should have presented the evidence to the DOJ and let them decide to bring or not bring the case. What he did was let the DOJ and Obama off the hook. He did it for political reasons regardless of what he says, nothing else makes sense.

And no, I am not going to ignore what he said and did because people tell me he is some sort of straight shooter.

Here, for future reference: Statement by FBI Director James B. Comey on the Investigation of Secretary Hillary Clinton’s Use of a Personal E-Mail System
Sorry about the 'probably'...does 'potentially' count as speculation? Like if I said...selling an AK-whatever to persons on a no-fly list is potentially giving a mass murder weapon to a terrorist, would you consider that speculation? As for timing, freewill, when would be a good time? If he had presented irrefutable proof of every accusation against Hillary, would you question his timing?

I think all of the congress critters on the R side should have their emails searched on all of their devices and all of their personal email accounts!

Let the fun begin!!!

I agree, as soon as they run for President.,

I agree with Hillary...
- Comey Speculated there was no 'intent'...her lying under oat proves differently.

- He Speculated no AG would indict, but 2 formet AGs said he was wrong

Sorry about the 'probably'...does 'potentially' count as speculation? Like if I said...selling an AK-whatever to persons on a no-fly list is potentially giving a mass murder weapon to a terrorist, would you consider that speculation? As for timing, freewill, when would be a good time? If he had presented irrefutable proof of every accusation against Hillary, would you question his timing?

In my opinion, and the opinion of others I read, he DID give irrefutable evidence for the first 10 minutes. That's the problem. I listen intently and after 10 minutes I thought there is no way they won't prosecute, then he drops let's her off the hook.

Can you cite any time in the past when the director of the FBI did such a thing? Isn't what Comey did something for the DOJ to decide and a grand jury? Why does Comey get to decide all by his lonesome?

I agree with Hillary...
- Comey Speculated there was no 'intent'...her lying under oat proves differently.

- He Speculated no AG would indict, but 2 formet AGs said he was wrong

I don't see how intent can really be even considered when it is lives of CIA agents and our national security.

Forum List

Back