Climate Claim: By 2070 Average Temperatures be “Unsuitable for Human Life to Flourish”

Sunsettommy

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2018
Another stupid, global warming is gonna hurt us bigly in a few decades from now research claim, gaaad the stupid it BURNS!!!

Watts Up With That?

Climate Claim: By 2070 Average Temperatures be “Unsuitable for Human Life to Flourish”

Eric Worrall May 4, 2020

EXCERPT:

According to a new study, people don’t thrive in places where the average annual temperature is higher than 15C / 59F.

===

"Unsuitable for ‘human life to flourish’: Up to 3B will live in extreme heat by 2070, study warns

Doyle Rice USA TODAY
May 4, 2020

By 2070, up to 3 billion people are likely to live in climate conditions ‘deemed unsuitable for human life to flourish.’

If global warming continues unchecked, the heat that’s coming later this century in some parts of the world will bring “nearly unlivable” conditions for up to 3 billion people, a study released Monday said.

The authors predict that by 2070, much of the world’s population is likely to live in climate conditions that are “warmer than conditions deemed suitable for human life to flourish.”

That “niche” is equivalent to average yearly temperatures of roughly 52 to 59 Fahrenheit. The researchers found that people, despite all forms of innovations and migrations, have mostly lived in these climate conditions for several thousand years.

“Large areas of the planet would heat to barely survivable levels and they wouldn’t cool down again,” said study co-author Marten Scheffer of Wageningen University in the Netherlands. “Not only would this have devastating direct effects, it leaves societies less able to cope with future crises like new pandemics. The only thing that can stop this happening is a rapid cut in carbon emissions.”

READ the rest here

=====
From the laughable abstract:

"Here, we demonstrate that for millennia, human populations have resided in the same narrow part of the climatic envelope available on the globe, characterized by a major mode around ∼11 °C to 15 °C mean annual temperature (MAT)."

===

How can 12 million people live in Manila, whose mean annual temperature is over 26C, in every month of the year!

Try Manila Philippines, where over 12 MILLION people live.

The coldest month average is January at 25C (78F) May warmest at 29.5 (85F)

They are very tough people to be able to live there, since the NAS paper thinks this is a bad idea for a city that is the most densely populated city proper in the world, the city has existed for at least 750 years.

I have been there, there are sections of the city that celebrate far into the night, goes back to work the next day....

Another stupid, global warming is gonna hurt us bigly in a few decades from now research claim, gaaad the stupid it BURNS!!!

Watts Up With That?

Eric Worrall May 4, 2020

EXCERPT:

According to a new study, people don’t thrive in places where the average annual temperature is higher than 15C / 59F.

===

"Unsuitable for ‘human life to flourish’: Up to 3B will live in extreme heat by 2070, study warns

Doyle Rice USA TODAY
May 4, 2020

By 2070, up to 3 billion people are likely to live in climate conditions ‘deemed unsuitable for human life to flourish.’

If global warming continues unchecked, the heat that’s coming later this century in some parts of the world will bring “nearly unlivable” conditions for up to 3 billion people, a study released Monday said.

The authors predict that by 2070, much of the world’s population is likely to live in climate conditions that are “warmer than conditions deemed suitable for human life to flourish.”

That “niche” is equivalent to average yearly temperatures of roughly 52 to 59 Fahrenheit. The researchers found that people, despite all forms of innovations and migrations, have mostly lived in these climate conditions for several thousand years.

“Large areas of the planet would heat to barely survivable levels and they wouldn’t cool down again,” said study co-author Marten Scheffer of Wageningen University in the Netherlands. “Not only would this have devastating direct effects, it leaves societies less able to cope with future crises like new pandemics. The only thing that can stop this happening is a rapid cut in carbon emissions.”

READ the rest here

=====

"Here, we demonstrate that for millennia, human populations have resided in the same narrow part of the climatic envelope available on the globe, characterized by a major mode around ∼11 °C to 15 °C mean annual temperature (MAT)."

===

How can 12 million people live in Manila, whose mean annual temperature is over 26C, in every month of the year!

They are very tough people to be able to live there, since the NAS paper thinks this is a bad idea for a city that is the most densely populated city proper in the world, the city has existed for at least 750 years.

I have been there, there are sections of the city that celebrate far into the night, goes back to work the next day....
Gee, some MORE Global Warming crap! I'm NOT too surprised.

Watts Up With That?

Eric Worrall May 4, 2020

EXCERPT:

===

Doyle Rice USA TODAY
May 4, 2020

READ the rest here

=====

===

Gee, some MORE Global Warming crap! I'm NOT too surprised.

It will be revealing on how alarmist/warmists react to this abomination of a paper.

Watts Up With That?

Eric Worrall May 4, 2020

EXCERPT:

===

Doyle Rice USA TODAY
May 4, 2020

READ the rest here

=====

===

Yes, the willingness of these clowns to ignore the huge swaths of the planet where life thrives...all at temps much higher than these idiots claim are harmful.

Their claims are so stupid I am surprised that anyone is dumb enough to believe them.

Yes, the willingness of these clowns to ignore the huge swaths of the planet where life thrives...all at temps much higher than these idiots claim are harmful.

Just wondering if you have EVER checked out, or even thought about this:

The Oceans.

Please tell me there is nothing changing in the Ocean Waters. westwall
I'm not talking about rising levels, I'm talking about aquatic life.
That is YUGE, Bigly. No Seriously, check it out.

The Oceans.

Yes, things are ALWAYS changing. I suggest you read something more than the echo chambers you limit yourself to.

The Oceans.

What are oceans?

The Oceans.

You haven't posted anything but empty words here, not even a simple comment about the article itself criticizing the NAS paper, do you have ANYTHING substantive to offer?

You mean where the surface waters are NORMALLY over 20C in large areas?

See that 25C area right at the East coast of the Philippines, I have been there, swam there, had something shot into my there in the water, while I was swimming there. I was lucky it wasn't something venomous, this was in June 2005.

1588693306940.png

You mean where those ocean Hydrothermal vents at the bottom, where a variety of life thrives in?

Those areas?

The Oceans.

You haven't posted anything but empty words here, not even a simple comment about the article itself criticizing the NAS paper, do you have ANYTHING substantive to offer?

You mean where the surface waters are NORMALLY over 20C in large areas?

See that 25C area right at the East coast of the Philippines, I have been there, swam there, had something shot into my there in the water, while I was swimming there. I was lucky it wasn't something venomous, this was in June 2005.

View attachment 332274

You mean where those ocean Hydrothermal vents at the bottom, where a variety of life thrives in?

Those areas?

It is amazing how supposedly scientific "thinkers" will ignore actual factual things. Things that can slap them in the face in the real world, and believe only in the science fiction known as computer models.

These dumb fucks cant tell me if it's going to rain next Tuesday and you expect me to believe they can predict temps 50 years out? :laughing0301:

Their over confidence in untestable climate models are their undoing, it is why the Pseudoscience club is the largest in the world.

Climate Claim:

When WUWT puts "claim" in the title, the howler monkeys who reside there know that's their signal to howl.

Deniers, it's not the average that kills, it's the peaks, and the peaks rise as the average rises.

This isn't a difficult concept. It's middle-school level, at most. Therefore, it's way over the heads of most deniers. Deniers really shouldn't be annoying the grownups with their idiot-child pseudoscience. They would be funny, if deniers weren't so set on killing so many people.

If emissions continue increasing, then significant areas of the earth start seeing occasional wet bulb temperatures of > 95F. Sustained over several hours, that's fatal for any human or large animal that can't get into air conditioning. Those temperatures are lethal even for someone resting in the shade while soaking wet. That's only going to happen on rare days, but it only takes one such day to kill everything.

And no, it's not just a problem in Pakistan and India, so deniers can't use their "It's only killing brown people, so it's cool!" excuse. Even the American midwest would start hitting those temps. Maybe you can get the people into air conditioning, but you can't save the livestock.

Yes, that the worst-case emission scenario -- but that's what deniers are pushing for. That's why they're correctly classified as a death cult.

Climate Claim:

When WUWT puts "claim" in the title, the howler monkeys who reside there know that's their signal to howl.

Deniers, it's not the average that kills, it's the peaks, and the peaks rise as the average rises.

This isn't a difficult concept. It's middle-school level, at most. Therefore, it's way over the heads of most deniers. Deniers really shouldn't be annoying the grownups with their idiot-child pseudoscience. They would be funny, if deniers weren't so set on killing so many people.

If emissions continue increasing, then significant areas of the earth start seeing occasional wet bulb temperatures of > 95F. Sustained over several hours, that's fatal for any human or large animal that can't get into air conditioning. Those temperatures are lethal even for someone resting in the shade while soaking wet. That's only going to happen on rare days, but it only takes one such day to kill everything.

And no, it's not just a problem in Pakistan and India, so deniers can't use their "It's only killing brown people, so it's cool!" excuse. Even the American midwest would start hitting those temps. Maybe you can get the people into air conditioning, but you can't save the livestock.

Yes, that the worst-case emission scenario -- but that's what deniers are pushing for. That's why they're correctly classified as a death cult.

Translation: I have no argument to give you, because I am too feebleminded to read the NAS paper, because I am scared of the paper therefore I give you this evidence/fact free pseudoscience screed in its place, now I feel better for it.

Al Gore predicted the North Pole would be free of ice by 2020 and that the earth would reach the "point of no return". Meanwhile his little compound was using more energy than a small city. When he wasn't fondling massage babes he was raking in the bucks selling fake "carbon credits".

It appears that a couple of warmist/alarmists quickly gave up and left, as they realized they had no argument to offer against the article.

Excellent decision!

The paper has been easily discredited because it was so stupid!

Last edited:
Tommy, I reamed you in post #12, causing you to throw a fit and run.

After that, I left you alone out of pity. You clearly needed time for a good long cry. And you clearly still do.

If you can locate your gonads, address post #12. Otherwise, go cry somewhere private.

Tommy, I reamed you in post #12, causing you to throw a fit and run.

After that, I left you alone out of pity. You clearly needed time for a good long cry. And you clearly still do.

If you can locate your gonads, address post #12. Otherwise, go cry somewhere private.

:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

It is obvious that you didn't read the article at all, which is why YOU threw a fit against WUWT, when the article itself was 95% composed of USA Today article and the Abstract of the Paper you never read. There was very little WUWT in the article...… :laugh:

You made no counterpoint at all, just the usual fallacious bullshit from climate CO2 sniffing losers like you who can't dredge up a reasoned response to the article. The article scared you badly since you attacked the blog that was mostly composed of USA Today and that crap of a paper, which means you didn't read it, that is how scared YOU are....

The paper is one of the stupidest I have ever read, they make this howler statement from the Abstract:

"All species have an environmental niche, and despite technological advances, humans are unlikely to be an exception. Here, we demonstrate that for millennia, human populations have resided in the same narrow part of the climatic envelope available on the globe, characterized by a major mode around ∼11 °C to 15 °C mean annual temperature (MAT)."

:cuckoo:

There are whole nations thriving that never gets below 59F

Post One, I stated, which YOU ignored completely:

"How can 12 million people live in Manila, whose mean annual temperature is over 26C, in every month of the year!

I have been there, there are sections of the city that celebrate far into the night, goes back to work the next day...."

==========

There are many cities like that, yet filled with millions in it anyway.

You are stupid as shit.

Last edited:
Those reports are false information and their authors know it very well.

But those guys live at the cost of government funds and this is why they publish their alarmist propaganda. After their publication, they call Pelosi and ask her to have their cut of millions of dollars from the trillions she just put recently over the table.

All those "recycling", "global warming" and "energy saver" dudes receive funds from the government. This is to say, they are part of the government's "waste" of money which increases the national debt. The best is to discard them and use the funds for projects of real value.

First of all the title to your thread is misleading and belied by your own link that. The story your quote states that by 2070 “in some parts of the world” the average temperature may be unsuitable for human life to prosper. Not the entire globe.

They are most likely right. The Middle East and sub-Saharan Africa may see temperatures that do not allow human life to grow and thrive. We are playing a dangerous game here for our future generations. Climate change may make certain areas uninhabitable and you may see a migration of people never seen in the modern history of the human race.

But hey, let’s role the dice. It’s not us taht will be affected only our children and descendant to be born. So who give’s a damn.

Last edited:
First of all the title to your thread is misleading and belied by your own link that. The story your quote states that by 2070 “in some parts of the world” the average temperature may be unsuitable for human life to prosper. Not the entire globe.

They are most likely right. The Middle East and sunshine-Saharan Africa may see temperatures that do not allow human life to grow And thrive. We are playing a dangerous game here for our future generations. Id They are right and climate change does make certain areas uninhabitable you see a migration of people never seen in the history of the human race.

But hey, let’s role the dice. It’s not us taht will be affected only our children and descendant to be born. So who give’s a damn.

John did you even read the post at all?

This is from USA Today:

Unsuitable for ‘human life to flourish’: Up to 3B will live in extreme heat by 2070, study warns

Here is the abstract you didn't read:

"ll species have an environmental niche, and despite technological advances, humans are unlikely to be an exception. Here, we demonstrate that for millennia, human populations have resided in the same narrow part of the climatic envelope available on the globe, characterized by a major mode around ∼11 °C to 15 °C mean annual temperature (MAT). Supporting the fundamental nature of this temperature niche, current production of crops and livestock is largely limited to the same conditions, and the same optimum has been found for agricultural and nonagricultural economic output of countries through analyses of year-to-year variation. We show that in a business-as-usual climate change scenario, the geographical position of this temperature niche is projected to shift more over the coming 50 y than it has moved since 6000 BP. Populations will not simply track the shifting climate, as adaptation in situ may address some of the challenges, and many other factors affect decisions to migrate..."

boldings mine

======

It is clear you don't understand why the paper is pure nonsense, because there is a huge population of people who have lived in far hotter areas that are well above the "Here, we demonstrate that for millennia, human populations have resided in the same narrow part of the climatic envelope available on the globe, characterized by a major mode around ∼11 °C to 15 °C mean annual temperature (MAT)." level of heat right now!

Why do people go out of their way to live in even hotter places than Manila?

Palm Springs California
Phoenix Arizona
Las Vegas Nevada

I posted a simple example on why the paper is crap, I posted THIS in post one, which flew right over your head:

"How can 12 million people live in Manila, whose mean annual temperature is over 26C, in every month of the year!

I have been there, there are sections of the city that celebrate far into the night, goes back to work the next day...."

=====

Think John THINK!

Forum List

Back