Cleetus McFarlands New Engine!!

HereWeGoAgain

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2010
Fuck Y'all I'm From Texas!
As some of you know I'm a fan of Cleetus McFarlands YouTube channel.
If you've never heard of Steve Morris he's a premier engine builder in the racing world. Cleetus had one of his more basic engines until he recently blew it up by pushing it to hard. Steve recommended no more than 30lbs of boost,of course Cleetus pushed it to hard and was running 40 lbs of boost with the end result being a blown engine.
He got with Steve who had just blown up his top of the line SMX Pro Mod engine that he rebuilt and re machined to put back in his own car. Were talking about an engine that the block alone is $15,000 bucks!!! Never mind the heads and all the other goodies.
He decided to give Cleetus a good deal on the rebuilt engine and he's going to make himself a new one.
The SMX Pro Mod engine can take up to 70 lbs of boost and can make up to 5K HP!!!
Needles to say the El Camino Mullet is going to rip and should get into 5 second 1/4 miles with ease. On top of that the engine has two sets of injectors so it can run pump gas or methanol. This is a drag and drive car where you have to take the car to the different tracks sometimes hundreds of miles away all while pulling a trailer with all the gear needed to race like tires,tools and any spare parts they may need.
This video is of the first test hits,he doesnt go crazy and it's already fast as Hell!!

This is Steve Morris's channel. He builds some insane engines from scratch!!!

My favorite drag racing quote down at drag night........

There's plenty of 9 second cars here today..........and also a few fast cars.

Cleetus' new car will be impressive, until the new, 4 second Tesla rolls out.

It's been crazy watching Cleetus go from wrecked Vett with no body panels to where he is now.
And he's making the big bucks doing it.
I swear that guy can drive anything with a steering wheel and do it well.
He raced trophy trucks,sprint boats and actually wins on his first go.

As some of you know I'm a fan of Cleetus McFarlands YouTube channel.
If you've never heard of Steve Morris he's a premier engine builder in the racing world. Cleetus had one of his more basic engines until he recently blew it up by pushing it to hard. Steve recommended no more than 30lbs of boost,of course Cleetus pushed it to hard and was running 40 lbs of boost with the end result being a blown engine.
He got with Steve who had just blown up his top of the line SMX Pro Mod engine that he rebuilt and re machined to put back in his own car. Were talking about an engine that the block alone is $15,000 bucks!!! Never mind the heads and all the other goodies.
He decided to give Cleetus a good deal on the rebuilt engine and he's going to make himself a new one.
The SMX Pro Mod engine can take up to 70 lbs of boost and can make up to 5K HP!!!
Needles to say the El Camino Mullet is going to rip and should get into 5 second 1/4 miles with ease. On top of that the engine has two sets of injectors so it can run pump gas or methanol. This is a drag and drive car where you have to take the car to the different tracks sometimes hundreds of miles away all while pulling a trailer with all the gear needed to race like tires,tools and any spare parts they may need.
This video is of the first test hits,he doesnt go crazy and it's already fast as Hell!!

This is Steve Morris's channel. He builds some insane engines from scratch!!!

From scratch, eh?

It's been crazy watching Cleetus go from wrecked Vett with no body panels to where he is now.
And he's making the big bucks doing it.
I swear that guy can drive anything with a steering wheel and do it well.
He raced trophy trucks,sprint boats and actually wins on his first go.

Does he still have that race track?
I thought that was going to sink him.
He must be pretty smart guy?

Those Teslas are fast as hell no doubt.
I'm waiting to see if someone starts modding them for more power rather than just gutting em for weight reduction.
Personally I'll never get into electric cars no matter how fast they are.
There's something about building an internal combustion engine thats just bad ass!!!

Does he still have that race track?
I thought that was going to sink him.
He must be pretty smart guy?

Yeah he still has it.
There's a development company that wants to build a huge housing complex nextdoor.
He's fighting it in court and will likely win in the end.
It's bullshit they want to build a neighborhood nextdoor to an existing dragstrip and circle track.
The developer actually went as far as to say they'll build a section nearest the track with the intent of selling to race car enthusiasts.

Hubby loves drag racing so I've gone to a few races and OMG the stop go stop go was interesting for about 5 minutes then the fumes, and what's the point of where they race trying to get a certain time or whatever, so one car could finish 1st but lose the race, makes no sense. It's also loud.

Hubby loves drag racing so I've gone to a few races and OMG the stop go stop go was interesting for about 5 minutes then the fumes, and what's the point of where they race trying to get a certain time or whatever, so one car could finish 1st but lose the race, makes no sense. It's also loud.

Uh...what?
It's timed,whoever gets the fastest time wins.
LOL...loud? Well of course it's loud.

Uh...what?
It's timed,whoever gets the fastest time wins.
LOL...loud? Well of course it's loud.

Yeah I have no idea what was going on, it was explain to me a few times but I still didn't get it. I think there was a time on the clock thing at the end and they were trying to get closet to whatever the time was or something like that...

Forum List

Back